Why do prices move in the same direction but with a lag on correlated instruments?

What causes this lag? That is, let's say the price goes down on GBPUSD, and on GBPYen stands, and only after some time also starts going down, but passes about the same number of pips as GBPUSDB but with a lag.

osmo1709:
What causes such a lag? That is, let's say the price goes down on GBPUSD, and on GBPYen stands, and only after some time it also starts going down, but passes the same amount of pips as GBPUSDb but with a lag.

He burned the place down... He should have been quietly making millions, but he had to tell everyone.

Andrei Khlebnikov #:

He burned the place down... He'd have been quietly making millions, but he had to tell everyone.

You're wrong. Brothers from our region do not fight among themselves, but rather with those from abroad. They have 2-4% of world GDP and an undeveloped stock market.

BillionerClub #:

You should not think so. Brothers from our region do not fight among themselves, but rather with those from abroad. 2-4% of world GDP and an undeveloped stock market. Who do you compete with mostly from abroad.

That was mild sarcasm, it is called arbitrage, if you have found such a pattern and it really works - you are a very rich man. Why do you need the reasons for the phenomenon - go ahead.

Andrei Khlebnikov #:

That was mild sarcasm, it's called arbitrage, if you have found such a pattern and it really works - you are a very rich man. Why do you need the reasons for the phenomenon - take action.

By the way, you had a phrase:"I would have been sawing millions of dollars in silence, but I have to tell everyone. - And why not tell? When you really found something, and if you tell people about it, then you will find something else, something better - that's the way life works. Not to mention the fact that if you tell someone about a profitable idea, you have absolutely nothing to lose, but something to gain.

I don't agree with the phrase " I would quietly saw millions". First of all, quietly sawing is wrong, you have to tell everyone. Secondly, millions is too much, better thousands. Yes, I just checked this method, out of 6 signals - 5 work, 1 - do not and today at 13:30 MSK opened 2 transactions, they went almost immediately to the plus, now both have a profit (a total of 70 points - 7 pips). I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE RUSSIANS!!! You should try to keep quietly making millions for yourself - with such an approach you won't succeed (my friendly advice). You need to do the opposite, namely: "make a little money, telling everyone about it - this is the opposite of what you said. In general, I wish you well, as a friend, I would like you to change for the better, really!

I have already made +100 pips.

Anyway, let me tell you how I found it all (I'll share the grail). Let's take any pair with a common instrument (preferably larger). And that's it. On 1 - goes earlier, on the second - lags. That's it. I have shared. Take it, use it - it's all very simple!

Already 12 pips profit.

(I have no time to switch tabs - 15 pips already)

I went for a smoke.

already 22 pips profit.

Yes, I also love everyone and wish everyone bobra =)

The market wants to be efficient, the extra cost for buyer and seller is close to zero, speculators have nothing to gain, all they have is eaten up by high-frequency robots. Millions of traders from all over the world chase after such "features" which is why I made a joke, because you are probably wrong to have found something, and if you are not wrong, then there is only a fraction of a joke in every joke.

Andrei Khlebnikov #:

Yes, I also love everyone and wish everyone bobra =)

The market wants to be efficient, the extra cost for buyer and seller is close to zero, speculators have nothing to gain, all they have is eaten up by high-frequency robots. Millions of traders from all over the world are chasing such "features" that's why I made a joke, because you're probably wrong to find something, and if you're not, then in every joke, there's only a bit of a joke.

Well I just checked visually on different charts : I had only 1 out of 6 signals wrong. The other 5 signals showed price decreasing by 1 seventh against positive movement - i.e. it is clearly seen that the price at first stalls on a lagging instrument without going to negative values, and then shoots up to the other charts.

There's minimal stops.

already +33 pips profit

osmo1709 #:

Well, I just checked visually on different charts: out of 6 signals I had only 1 wrong one. The other 5 signals lost 1 seventh of their value relative to positive price movement - i.e. it is clearly seen that the price at first stalls on a lagging instrument without going too far down and then shoots up to catch up with other charts

I should write a robot and check it on history, there is a certain direction, people are working, but here's the thing, there are a lot of examples on the forum, people have been developing formulas and theories for decades, they write robots trying to get a hold of something and the result is 0. The option of looking at a graph and finding a grail is unlikely.

Andrei Khlebnikov #:

You need to write a robot and check it on the history, there is such a trend, people work, but here's the thing, there are many examples on the forum, people have been deriving formulas and theories and writing robots for decades, trying to get a grip on something, and the result is 0. The option of looking at a chart and finding a grail is unlikely.

What is the probability that the price will go straight to the top in 5 hours? After all, the price usually fluctuates back and forth, and if it doesn't fluctuate, it may go in a different direction. There is a flat 80% of the time, 10% each is trending up and down. Since I hit a unidirectional market movement, the probability that my system works is more than 90%, because the chance of hitting 10% of unidirectional movement in 2 trades at once is small, and I hit it, so this is not a coincidence, but 90% of the pattern

43 pips profit already.

already 44 pips profit

osmo1709 #:

What is the likelihood that in five hours the price will go straight to the upside? After all, price usually fluctuates back and forth, and if it doesn't fluctuate, it could go in a different direction altogether. There is a flat 80% of the time, 10% each is trending up and down. Since I hit a unidirectional market movement, the probability that my system works is more than 90%, because the chance of hitting 10% of unidirectional movement in 2 trades at once is small, and I hit it, so this is not a coincidence, but 90% of the pattern

43 pips profit already.

already 44 pips profit

1. You have an understanding problem with points and pips.

2. close the position very quickly, 5 minutes left.

Алексей Тарабанов #:

1. You have an understanding problem with points and pips.

2. close the position very quickly, 5 minutes left.

Gone to bed.

Reason: