What is the minimum acceptable deposit for trading on the stock exchange?

A colleague from this forum told me today that it is OK to trade from $100 on Chicago and 100,000 on Moscow.

Normal means having some sort of safety cushion and being able to work on more than one contract for one instrument. Otherwise they advised on futures for a minimum amount, and then you have to guess if the price moves in your favour.

A man with experience at the Moscow Exchange told me that there was nothing to be done with less than a million.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

A colleague from this forum told me today that it is OK to trade from $100 on Chicago and 100,000 on Moscow.

Normal means having some sort of safety cushion and being able to work on more than one contract for one instrument. Otherwise they advised on futures for a minimum amount, and then you have to guess if the price moves in your favour.

I told the man with experience at the Moscow office that with the sum less than a yoland there was nothing to do.

I missed a branch (( Dear moderators, please move it to the exchange trading.

Thank you!

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I was told by a man with experience at the Moscow office that there was nothing to do with a sum of less than a KZT.

Every broker has its own minimum requirements.

U.S. brokers have a 25,000 usd minimum to open an account.

at proprietary brokers, the amount is several times less.

Igor Yeremenko:

Every broker has different minimum requirements

American brokers have a 25,000 usd minimum to open an account.

I think it is quite a vague question.

If you do not know the minimum I am interested in it, I will ask the broker myself.

My broker will ask me if it is good to open an account with 100 000 R depot and if yes on what instruments.

I understand that the question is quite vague, who can, speak out on the basis of personal experience.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

No, I'm not interested in the minimum, I'll find out from the broker himself.

To be more specific, let's take Moscow one, will it be comfortable to trade there with 100000 rub depo, if yes, on what instruments.

I understand that the question is rather vague, who can tell us about it from personal experience.

What section are you planning to trade in?

Stocks (stocks and bonds), FX or FORTS (futures and options)?

prostotrader:

Which section are you planning to trade in?

Stocks (stocks and bonds), FX or FORTS (futures and options)?

I do not know much about stock trading, I have no experience, only Forex.) Probably currency and futures.

Just on forex for comfortable trading 100000 p == $1666 will be quite enough, but on the stock market I'm not so sure.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I don't know much about stock trading, no experience, only forex )) Probably currency and futures.

Just on forex for quite comfortable trading 100000 p == $1666 will be quite enough, but on the stock exchange I'm not sure.

You're right not to be so sure.

On FX, 1 lot (1000 USD) ~ 60000 rubles.

On FORTS (from my own experience) not less than 300000 rbl.

You can trade on the FORTS even from 10k roubles. But this is purely for training purposes. I would trade Si for training - a liquid, technical and dynamic instrument.

I do not recommend entering with a large deposit, as it happened to me, i.e. I went to the stock market for bonds, then I started buying shares - I was earning on the wave of waiting for sanctions to be lifted, then the tilt started, by that time I started playing with junk bonds - I was doing well, until the licence was revoked from Peresvet... I got into gasprom futures, averaged for a long time - I got bored, I bought options - I lost a lot, then I raised a bit on shares waiting for dividends - 50% of profit. And then, the stock market went into a pullback - I did not want to short, so I switched to futures. I traded contrend on the weakening of the ruble - before that everything was fine on low volumes - I was generally flat for a couple of months and I worked on the watch, but then I went down to the minute. And, the sadness came quickly, and if it had been 10k I would have become smarter, but here... I`ve got depressed, though productive - I`ve made a trend expert and now I`m learning how to use it (it just can`t do everything yet, so I have to sit near my PC and help it to trade).

On Friday I could not resist and entered everything to buy Si in the evening - against the strategy - all weekend I was thinking "Why?

In general, I like FORTS, it is a lively market, the unpleasant thing is that there may be very strong slippage on stops.

prostotrader:

And you're right not to be sure.

On the FX section 1 lot (1000 USD) ~ 60000 roubles.

On the FORTS (from my own experience) not less than 300,000 roubles.

So I was told by an acquaintance with experience, without a million, don't even think about it.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

You can trade on the FORTS even from 10k roubles. But this is purely for training purposes. I would trade Si for training - a liquid, technical and dynamic instrument.

I do not recommend entering with a large deposit, as it happened to me, i.e. I went to the stock market for bonds, then I started buying shares - I was earning on the wave of waiting for sanctions to be lifted, then the tilt started, by that time I started playing with junk bonds - I was doing well, until the licence was revoked from Peresvet... I got into gasprom futures, averaged for a long time - I got bored, I bought options - I lost a lot, then I raised a bit on shares waiting for dividends - 50% of profit. And then, the stock market went into a pullback - I did not want to short, so I switched to futures. I traded contrend on the weakening of the ruble - before that everything was fine on low volumes - I was generally flat for a couple of months and I worked on the watch, but then I went down to the minute. And, the sadness came quickly, and if it had been 10k I would have become smarter, but here... I`ve got depressed, though productive - I`ve made a trend expert and now I`m learning how to use it (it just can`t do everything yet, so I have to sit near my PC and help it to trade).

On Friday I could not resist and entered everything to buy Si in the evening - against the strategy - all weekend I was thinking "Why?

I like FORTS, it is a lively market, the disadvantages are very strong slippage on stops.

Thanks, and one more question, if you are trading Expert Advisors. I have an (oily) demo in the open, is it realistic to use the Expert Advisor or the quotes are wrong?

You have to have some experience, it's a matter of opinion.

I am aware of the 15-minute lag, it's not important.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Thanks, and another question, since you're trading Expert Advisors. I've opened an (oiled up :) demo in the open, is it realistic to use it to test the robot or the quotes are fake?

You have to have some experience, it's a matter of opinion.

I am aware of the 15 min lag, it's not important.

I have not tried it on the demo account. I simply tested the Expert Advisor with 1 lot on the real account. For my ATC, the drawdown was about 20% for the year in the tester, so I decided that it is enough for the real, while I declined the drawdown to 6% on the tests.

I can test on the demo, but one has to understand that there you don't have influence on the market, unlike on the real one. But, if you have the opportunity to work on all ticks in the tester, the demo account makes no sense, except for understanding the nuances and debugging.

P.S. To open 1 lot by Si by pending order we need about 3,5k roubles.

Reason: