What if it works?

I am interested in the opinion of most traders. Do you think it is realistic to use only technical analysis in trading? (Of course, without EAs, with handles, so to speak, and with induks)

Totally unrealistic. Similarly with other types of analysis.

My post is from another thread:

By solving the problem of mathematical analysis at least most will get identical answers. This is almost 100%.

By solving the TA problem this majority will also get identical answers - a flop. The statistics confirm this. It is also almost 100%).

The conclusion is obvious - any effectiveness of TA in solving market problems is not confirmed by anything.

TA only works many kinds of TA and the trader needs to understand some of the fundamental parts of the market. Of course it is not realistic to work purely on TA, whatever the Brexit.

The TA when dealing with market issues is unsubstantiated and has no way of knowing what will happen tomorrow to a particular country, its population (not to mention wars)

There are exactly two approaches to market analysis - fundamental and technical; there are and cannot be any others. Often these approaches are called methods, which is not quite correct.

Fundamental analysis implies own assessment of the impact of events and processes on market behaviour based on expectations of market participants.

Technical analysis assumes that the observed market movement has already reacted to the expectations of its participants. Expectations, not unexpected events.

The methods of both technical and fundamental analysis can be different: mathematical, astrological, didactic... It does not change the essence.

It is the application of technical analysis that allows you to trade in real time.

Алексей Тарабанов:

There are exactly two approaches to market analysis - fundamental and technical; there are and cannot be any others. Often these approaches are called methods, which is not quite correct.

Fundamental analysis implies own assessment of the impact of events and processes on market behaviour based on expectations of market participants.

Technical analysis assumes that the observed market movement has already reacted to the expectations of its participants. Expectations, not unexpected events.

The methods of both technical and fundamental analysis can be different: mathematical, astrological, didactic... It does not change the essence.

It is the application of technical analysis that allows trading in real time.

Therefore, you are one of the lucky ones). The probability theory assumes that.

Let's take the stadium with 2^16 people as an example. After each coin toss half of the stadium will be eliminated. At the end of the game there will be a few left and only one person who guessed ALL the coin flips will finish. If 2^16 is not enough take 2 to any degree - the end result will not change).

And he (or they) will definitely start talking about some cunning methodology, secret knowledge, etc.)

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Hence, you are one of the lucky ones.) Probability theory suggests this.

For example, take a stadium with 2^16 people in it. After each coin toss, half of the stadium will be eliminated. At the end of the game there will be a few left and only one person who guessed ALL the coin flips will finish. If 2^16 is not enough take 2 to any degree - the end result will not change).

What does the theory of probability have to do with it?

You don't have to play the market, you have to work at it - and life will get better :)

Алексей Тарабанов:

You don't have to play in the market, you have to work in it and life will get better :)

We are not talking about life, we are talking about TA.

Only its employees play and work in the market.) That is, you are an employee of the market.

Say, poker (hockey, football, golf, etc) is played, and there are professional players who earn money on it. But croupiers and coaches work.

Алексей Тарабанов:

You don't have to play in the market, you have to work in it, and life will get better :)

The market is a game, not a job:)

I'll let you in on a terrible secret. All professional poker, hockey etc players work very hard and rarely play at all.

By the way - Asia seems to have resumed its downtrend.

Алексей Тарабанов:

By the way - Asia seems to have resumed its downtrend.

I don't use TA, FA etc, I don't care. It frees up so much time. I get up from the computer and am free).
Reason: