Forum Annals: Quotes of the day

There will now be a daily competition for the title of Quote of the Day.

The title "Quote of the Day" will be awarded to the statement which is the most prominent in its absurdity from the previous day. Perhaps in the future, "Quote of the week", or even "Quote of the month", competitions may be held.

The rules of the thread are as follows: all quotations, along with the exact link and author, which might qualify for this title, are piled here. Please think seven times before posting a quote here. It really should be a worthy candidate for the title.

Then, when the day ends, a winner is chosen. There may be a case where it is problematic to identify a winner amongst several quotes (hardly more than 2-3). OK, in which case this title is awarded to all competing quotes. Of course, rudeness is not allowed in the competition.

So, first candidate for Quote of the Day 15.11.10:

Thread: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/128859/page87

sllawa3: учти что 20 на 4х знаке это далеко не одно и тоже что 200 на 5и знаке..

Additions:

1. Quoting your own posts (recursive annalizing) is prohibited and punishable by post deletion.

2. Commenting on quotes is optional, even undesirable.

3. If possible, please clean up after yourself if you've posted posts that don't fit the topic of the thread.

Mathemat:

Now daily.

Then, when the day is over, a winner is chosen.

Imho in "every day" mode unlikely, perhaps a week or a month would be better

Yes, perhaps a day - we'll be too partial.

You're just trying to make fun of me.

Aleksander:
You're just trying to make fun of me.

Go back to your room .

Branch https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/129868/page43, by dpg03, 15/11/2010:

paukas:

Это неправда. Используя ТА и общеизвестные принципы управления рисками нельзя слить депозит ни за полгода ни за год.

Вот за два -можно. И то если тредер полнейший шлимазл.:))

Excuse me. Can you tell me what schlimazel is? If it's an indicator or script, where to download it ? Thanks.

Excuse me, can you tell me what is a schlimazl? If its an indicator or script, where to download it ? Thank you.

I got interested in it too and asked google. It turns out that this is not an indicator ))))

It's a Hebrew word for it:

Schlimazl(Hebrew שלימזל, from שלי מזל schlim mazl, sheylem mazal - total happiness; according to another version from German. schlimm and מזל - bad happiness; more specifically, German. Schlamassel, then incorporated into Yiddish - unpleasantness; embarrassment; bad luck, misfortune) - a hard-to-translate Hebrew word for a jerk, has a meaning close to Russian "loser" and English "jinxed". It implies clumsiness, crookedness, stupidity, and most importantly - the ability to constantly get into ridiculous situations and undergo epic fails.

How it differs from all other Yiddish designations of schlimaz, only Anatoly Wasserman knows for sure. However, the defining quality of a schlimazel is even not so much his own stupidity, as a special, street unluckyness, the kind of unluckyness which evokes not sympathy, but a bitter mockery(see the epigraph).

If someone tells you that Rabinovich's son-in-law is just a schlimazel, don't congratulate Rabinovich, he has nothing to be amused about.

There are also schlumalis. There is a well-known saying: "A schlumil stumbles and spills hot soup on the neck of a schlimazl, and Nebech has to wash the floor behind him[1]".

It is also known that any schlimazl dreams of having his own mazel.

Mazels, schlumili, schlimazels, nebehi ... You can't figure it out without a half a litre ))))

Techno 16.11.2010 15:39
Sys15975382:
Techno promptly, thank you ) but what is wrong with the logic?
Just take starting the start function from the start function, which in turn will call start again, etc.

Sys15975382 16.11.2010 15:51
how do you suggest to fix it?

Techno 16.11.2010 15:56
Sys15975382:
and how would you advise to fix it?
don't call the start function from the start function

gip:
EURUSD is the calmest. But it's been going through a bit of a bump lately.

https://forum.mql4.com/ru/36822

Boris Odintsov's report at ATC 2010: "Finding stable advisers - getting richer slowly but surely"

It's bad enough when robots get out of control and get richer and richer, albeit slowly. And their owners get poorer and poorer:)))
Reason: