Import of OHLC+Volume datas from custom asset s and shown as a individuell custom Chart in MT4? Is that possible?

I would like to analyze various cryptocurrencies in MT4 with my indicators and then decide on a trade manually.
Unfortunately, the MT4 brokers only offer very few crypto currency pairs. Therefore I would like to export various currencies from my crypto exchange (OHLC+V data in M1 or M5 TF). This export is possible at any time in CSV format. Now I just need to know if and how I can import this data back into my MT4 in order to create a custom  SOLANA/USD or BNB/USD chart, for example, and then display the desired values in higher TF too. If this is possible via CSV, is it also possible to import a real-time course into MT4? The API interface would probably allow real-time courses and I also saw nice flashing courses from the broker in EXCEL. But is it possible to display these real-time courses directly in MT4?

baerliner: I would like to analyze various cryptocurrencies in MT4 with my indicators and then decide on a trade manually. Unfortunately, the MT4 brokers only offer very few crypto currency pairs. Therefore I would like to export various currencies from my crypto exchange (OHLC+V data in M1 or M5 TF). This export is possible at any time in CSV format. Now I just need to know if and how I can import this data back into my MT4 in order to create a custom  SOLANA/USD or BNB/USD chart, for example, and then display the desired values in higher TF too. If this is possible via CSV, is it also possible to import a real-time course into MT4? The API interface would probably allow real-time courses and I also saw nice flashing courses from the broker in EXCEL. But is it possible to display these real-time courses directly in MT4?

For MetaTrader 4, there is a concept called "Offline Charts", which are basically ".hst" files with OHLC and Tick volume data. Do a search in the forum and articles on this as well as the MQL4 documentation and MetaTrader 4 documentation.

Please note that the ".hst" file format had an old format and then was later updated. So make sure you are producing the most recent format for the "Offline Chart" to work properly.

PS! Here is a link to some old code of mine that produces an "Offline Chart" of spread data ... https://www.mql5.com/en/code/10983

MetaTrader 4 Help
MetaTrader 4 Help
  • www.metatrader4.com
Client Terminal is a part of the online trading system. It is installed on the trader's computer and intended for: receiving quotes and news in...

Thank you for the information. That's exactly what I'm going to inquire about now. There are certainly some videos and documentaries on the Internet.

Regards Heiko

Reason: