Help needed: Using Files instead of Global Variables

Since VPS does not accept global variables, do they accept files or not? I need a variable that will be retained even when I shut down MT4/5 and not just a variable that will be remembered within function calls. And I think file processing can handle this efficiently. Also my EA is meant to be hosted on VPS.

As a follow up, can someone please send me a link of the rules for hosting Virtual Server (The one that talked about not using Global Variable for VPS).

Do not double post!

I have deleted the other topic.

Keith Watford:

Do not double post!

I have deleted the other topic.

I have browsed for the document/post but to no avail. Please send it if you know it's whereabout. Thanks in advance.

macpee:

I have browsed for the document/post but to no avail. Please send it if you know it's whereabout. Thanks in advance.

Of course you can't find it. I have deleted it.

macpee:

Since VPS does not accept global variables, do they accept files or not? I need a variable that will be retained even when I shut down MT4/5 and not just a variable that will be remembered within function calls. And I think file processing can handle this efficiently. Also my EA is meant to be hosted on VPS.

As a follow up, can someone please send me a link of the rules for hosting Virtual Server (The one that talked about not using Global Variable for VPS).

Did you ever get an answer on this on external files?  If MQL5 VPS can not use global variables how can several charts running at the same time communicate (ie. things like available margin or existing open positions, etc)?  

RonEdger #:

Did you ever get an answer on this on external files?  If MQL5 VPS can not use global variables how can several charts running at the same time communicate (ie. things like available margin or existing open positions, etc)?  

I didn't.

Reason: