Renko Trend Trading EA NOT WORKING - PLEASE HELP

Hi all !

I downloaded Renko Live Chart v3.2 EA (attached) in order to create Renko Charts, which works absolutely fine. I am using BoxSize of 1 and TimeFrame M2.

Also, I downloaded Renko Trend Trading EA by Steve Hopewood (attached). I don't know why its not working. What needs to changed in the inputs to make it work ?

Currently I am on HotForex (5-digit broker).

Your kind help in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks

Please check if there are error message in the "diary" of the mt4 Platform

Hi Dasio !

Thanks for your kind reply. Yes this time, it started giving 130 Invalid Stop Errors.

Then I changed the TP and SL to 1000 and 2000 respectively and its says on the screen display TP 1000 points and SL 2000 points.

I couldn't understand the logic of this EA as of yet as I am not an MQL4 or Code type guy .

So I would appreciate if you run this on your demo on renko charts.

I would highly appreciate your help.

Also, why I am using the Box Size of 1 as it would help us to scalp. But when I run the Renko Trend Trading EA on renko charts, it doesn't open any order apart from popping up invalid stop messages.

Thanks for your help.

Shunmas:
Hi Dasio !

Thanks for your kind reply. Yes this time, it started giving 130 Invalid Stop Errors.

Then I changed the TP and SL to 1000 and 2000 respectively and its says on the screen display TP 1000 points and SL 2000 points.

I couldn't understand the logic of this EA as of yet as I am not an MQL4 or Code type guy .

So I would appreciate if you run this on your demo on renko charts.

I would highly appreciate your help.

Also, why I am using the Box Size of 1 as it would help us to scalp. But when I run the Renko Trend Trading EA on renko charts, it doesn't open any order apart from popping up invalid stop messages.

Thanks for your help.

The ea open position basically with the direction of the renko brick but there are some filter, rsi, hour,macd and median. For check if all is ok try to set this external variable how describe below (Try it on demo account):

UseRenkoTrailingStopLoss=true;

TrailingStopLossBricks=6;

UseRsi=false;

UseMacd=false;

UseMedian=false;

CloseOnColourChange=false;

CloseOnMacdChange=false;

Let me know

dasio:
The ea open position basically with the direction of the renko brick but there are some filter, rsi, hour,macd and median. For check if all is ok try to set this external variable how describe below (Try it on demo account):

UseRenkoTrailingStopLoss=true;

TrailingStopLossBricks=6;

UseRsi=false;

UseMacd=false;

UseMedian=false;

CloseOnColourChange=false;

CloseOnMacdChange=false;

Let me know

Sorry, also this parameters:

UseRenkoStopLoss=true;

StopLossBricks=6;

Hi Dasio !

Thanks for your reply. Yep I changed the settings as you suggested but still, its popping up INVALID STOPS message.

I am on 5-digit broker.

Thanks for your help.

Shunmas:
Hi Dasio !

Thanks for your reply. Yep I changed the settings as you suggested but still, its popping up INVALID STOPS message.

I am on 5-digit broker.

Thanks for your help.

When i comeback to home i will try the Ea.

Thanks Dasio.

Shunmas:
Thanks Dasio.

Maybe you have done it but try to disable the UseRenkoStopLoss=true; parameters and put in the StopLoss variable the integer 50.

And set to true the CriminalIsECN=false; parameters.

Hi Dasio.....even tried that...

Had there been any problem with the EA, there would have been the message in the Journal but no such message.

Ok i test it.

I have disable all filter and put stop loss to 50 pips and it open the trade.

If you use Stoploss Renkobrick, reading the code. it can generate the error because if you set for example 6 and the ea open a Buy order it try to set the stoploss= Low[6] so the low of sixth candle back and it can be also greater than actual price.

Reason: