RangerFX | Facebook

Testers to test the EA

Need new inputs to make it better

Running on H1 TF

Inside this EA

- Moving Average Cross Over System

- Multi TF analysis

- Daily Range Exhaustion

- Day Trend Reversal (compensate day trend ma lag)

- Remove Gap Trades

- High Volatility Filter

Donations to my paypal account dyrws@yahoo.com

How to use / train

MAC_F, MAC_S, Trend - Settings for MA period

GAP - Threshold to take gap into consideration

HVF - Threshold to take a super long candle into consideration

sHour - Starting hour

rHour - Running hour (0 for 1 hour, 23 for full day 24 hours)

BE_Factor - Break even factor

TS_Factor - Trailing stop factor

SL_Factor - Stop loss factor

MM_Risk - Risk factor

Files:
rangerfx_fe.ex4  10 kb

Screen shot pls!

Can u kindly post screen shot of your indi as i can not test it at the moment.

wolero7:
Can u kindly post screen shot of your indi as i can not test it at the moment.

This is not a indicator. It is a EA.

Sorry

Sorry, my bad.

Great doshur,

I'm gonna take a look! Thanks for sharing.

doshur,

Great coding, pretty clear and nice to eyes.

I've found this set to work best on EURUSD 1H. Steady growth due to good R/R ratio from 2003 until today.

Let's see what a time filter and a trailing could do to improve the profit factor.

Attached my test and my set.

cacus

Files:
ranger.gif  17 kb
ranger.set  1 kb

Wow, pretty good results!

cacus:
doshur,

Great coding, pretty clear and nice to eyes.

I've found this set to work best on EURUSD 1H. Steady growth due to good R/R ratio from 2003 until today.

Let's see what a time filter and a trailing could do to improve the profit factor.

Attached my test and my set.

cacus

Thanks cacus.

Hope to learn more from you. I have made some more improvement. Will update later.

Pls give me suggestion to make it better and more robust.

Well, i could suggest a range filter. Since your EA calculate ranges you could add that filter in order to find the optimum conditions for a trade.

Some breakouts may happen when range is too high, and the same when range is too low.

Also, you could add some kind of reentering on a new signal, accept a No. of max trades in counter trend so the EA could recover from a first bad entry. (lot incremental would be a good thing to test with just in case).

If the No of open orders is > 0 then you set TP to the BE of the first order, or make a basket of profit cut, suppose: if there's 2 open orders and the net profit is 0.5 percent of the account balance then we close both orders in net profit and we finally recovered that first bad entry. On some of my EAs this works really great.

And you may think that this can raise the risk, technically speaking yes, but you could add a % or equity protection. I use it too and gives really good results.

Remember that for reentering you may have to set a minimal Pip distance variable to reenter. Say, you want to reenter only if we are down by 20 pips from the first order and so. (a kind of grid trading)

(Bid-FirstOrderOpenPrice)>PipDistance*OpenOrders()... something like that (reverse for buys)...

So the EA will open counter trend orders if he got another signal JUST at Xpip distance on each order...

I have implemented those kind of things on most of my EAs and this makes my EAs adapt hell better. It also raise the profit factor and the % winners and you get a smooth equity curve.

If i got another idea i will not hesitate to inform you.

Regards.

cacus

Hi Cacus,

Can explain more on the range filter?

Thanks

doshur:
Hi Cacus,

Can explain more on the range filter?

Thanks

I meant the ATR variable, you could add another ATR with 1 or 2 periods to take care of high volatility if its values are too high, so you make the EA waits for a good entry without high volatility (which generally causes breakouts).

If the values are really low i think it's not gonna matter cos it's already being filtered by the CCI, but i'm not completely sure so that addition would be ok for testing if it has or not a good influence over the strategy.

Regards

Reason: