Extremely Powerful Strategy 100% Automatic and Simple.

While back testing this ea, and reading another forum on here and oh I don't know like 6 years of forex experience, It suddenly dawned on me that this expert would be great if it could be applied only in the direction of the prevalent trend.... SO, I thought I'm not a coder.... so lets do it the dumb way.... manually go back verify between what dates the trend is long or short, then test the expert between those dates on the strategy tester, go back, recheck.... whew!!!

It became aparent to me that it was not really feasible anymore and not only that but it was not the most accurate way of backtesting since my entries where based off H4 chart indicator.... so,

Here is my system, posting it here won't hurt anything, actually my reason for posting it is simply to hopefully help those of you who would benefit from it because if anything I know that it will be made into an expert and even be improved upon.

THE SYSTEM

Use any ma cross expert you like, I just happen to use Sidus's attached.

Place it on a 15min chart.

I favor gbp/usd.

Now use the SilverTrend_indicator RISK=9, and place that on a H4 chart and on a daily chart. Okay, here is the change, I'm now using the EMA crossover signal-Japan with faster ema 1 and slower ema 3 placed on H4 and daily chart. I know those settings are really fast but take into account that these are higher time frame charts and I like to see every turn within the trend.

Below you will also see the rainbow filter I use as well because obviously you will not be taking every single signal.... but if you do, you MUST adjust your max risk setting for Counter-Trend trades to be more conservative. I am using 0.034 for aggresive and 0.01 for conservative.

YOU SHOULD HAVE 3 CHARTS OPEN PER CURRENCY NOW 15MIN, H4, AND DAILY
Now, the rules

Place the expert to "Long Only" when: The EMA cross indicator shows an up arrow on the H4 chart.

Place the expert to "Short Only"when the EMA cross indicator shows a down arrow on the H4 chart.

Here comes the interesting part and where the money managment comes into the picture. The latest ema cross arrow on the daily chart indicates the general trend or GT. When the direction of the ema cross arrow on the H4 chart matches that GT of the daily..... Then you set your maximum risk more aggresively (I set mine to 0.034).

When these are not in agreement then you set your maximum risk less aggresively (I set mine to 0.01), The reason is because you won't be trading in the direction of the GT, you will be counter trend trading and need to be more conservative.

FINER POINTS

If you have a trade open when you get an opposite signal ie: you have a short position and now h4 indicates to set expert to long only, then that short trade will be closed. (vice versa for long trades etc etc..)

Something else I would like to implement on this would be some kind of sequence to where if you lose two trades consecutively, then the expert will use the same max risk percentage but will add X amount of lots by X factor. X being whatever you want.

Filter your trades with a trend following setup as well, please see the attached indicator, I happen to favor the rainbow ma's because I'm a very visual person and its very easy to see the trend with them, I've also attached the template which goes on the H4 chart along with the ema cross indicator, in this case the ema cross arrow would not be taken unless its in the direction of the rainbow ma's in other words yellow on top of blue or if it is taken, it would be with the conservative setting on the max risk (ie 0.01)

I'll post the optimized settings for Take profit, stoploss, and trailing stop as time passes, these will probably change as time goes on and the market changes.

Chartista

Sidus_EA_VII

that a good system am a newbie and i have no programming experience at all neither do i know how to put the expert u have mention on a mt4 chart.pliz help on how to put and may be test it.is the expert automatic?

shankees:
that a good system am a newbie and i have no programming experience at all neither do i know how to put the expert u have mention on a mt4 chart.pliz help on how to put and may be test it.is the expert automatic?

1. Download it to your mt4 file, expert folder.

2. Close and restart mt4.

3. You will now see it in Navigator - Expert Advisor tab.

4. Drag and drop it in.

5. make sure you enable expert advisors in your tools options, expert advisor tab.

The expert I provided is fully automatic but it must be changed from only long and only short as I have described in my first post. For now anyways!

Here are some up to date optimized settings:

GBP/USD

TakeProfit 1100

Stoploss 300

Trailing Stop 40

GBP/JPY

TakeProfit 1000

Stoploss 600

Trailing Stop 90

These take into consideration roughly the last two months worth of data on strategy tester.

Still on the expert

how can i adjust on the long and short in ua expert as you said ?i know nothing about programming

shankees:
how can i adjust on the long and short in ua expert as you said ?i know nothing about programming

When dragging the EA on to the chart, there is an option to select Long only or Short only under common Tab

more settings

Sorry, yes that is correct the system that I outlined in the opening post is not 100% automated yet, I am working on that as we speak but as you I am not a programmer so the going is rather slow, if anyone out there is a gifted programmer and wants to take a crack at it please go for it or contact me.

Here are some more settings: Keep in mind that these settings are to be used with the system I've outlined in the opening post, because this ea alone is not really profitable left unsupervised.

EUR/USD

Take Profit 900.0

Stoploss 400.0

Trailing Stop 20.0

EUR/JPY

Take Profit 800.0

Stoploss 500.0

Trailing Stop 70.0

I didn't implement the rainbow filter yet, so in the meantime you can play around with it and see it it works or not.

Files:

Wow Thank you!

bonten:
I didn't implement the rainbow filter yet, so in the meantime you can play around with it and see it it works or not.

Bonten, thank you for your effort and generosity. I will definitely play with it and get back with you! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Nice..

Nice way to trade, i basically trade the same way but i am using different indic-time frame, i just tried last week with 15m, 1hr, and 4hr and using Alltrendenvelopes_v1 with jurik method set on default 10 period, on the eur/jpy only but was doing it manually and missing a lot of signal and not beeing consistant... Now you find good ea to apply the method consistently, if somebody could just modify the ea adding the above filter and risk modulation i think it could be great. Have you tried backtesting with no tp, just close on sidus reversal?

Oups just notice bonten already did it.. Will try it also...

ea error,

When i try backtesting, i always get "OrderSend error 130" in the journal, no trade are taken at all... ???

Reason: