TriggerFX System - page 3

Hi Janus,

Ok thanks, I'm just looking for instance at say ticket 52549330, price traded at 1.41606 at 14:52 which would be 13:52 UK time.

As a check...server just updated and I see 06:34 which is now 05:34 (UK one hour behind).

NFP was out 13:30 UK time. So ticket was placed 22 minutes after NFP when PA was still in shock of the number.

Do you have the right times? If you also check the chart I think that also aligns with where the price was at that time.

I am just a little worried the system came back online too close to the number release which effected tickets 52549330, 52553949, 52550082 and 52558135. Does the system recalibrate after the news blackout or start from where it left off?

Thanks,

papa

Basics

In order to avoid misunderstandings, we need to agree on a few things:

1.When i talk about times, i am talking about servertime of the account the system is trading . Since it is AlpariUK, it runs at GMT+2 or EDST+6.

Therefore the NFP release happens at 14:30 Servertime AlpariUK.

This has absolutly nothing to do with local UK time.

In trading Forex, local times are obsolete and not used.

2.If i present a statement from the account TriggerFX trades in, that is my only reference.

What is posted on the RAS website is not of any interest for me.

The first ticket after NFP release was opened 15:23 or 53 minutes after NFP.

TriggerFX is trading at Drawdowns around 1-2% of account equity. If you read the system description on minimum equity, look at the reference account and the equity stop as beeing 50-60% of profits, yes you read that right........profits not balance!!!!! the system can not have high Drawdowns, but it always has drawdown by its design.

Follow the reference account and check for yourself.

3.I posted the links to my RAS trading accounts in order to avoid people read and interpret the RAS trades. Imho the presentation on the website is not so great to say the very least.

4. I never interpret anything in hindsight. TriggerFX is a great little system and fun to watch and has its fans and followers.

5.When i make improvements and changes, it is most of the times due to market action. This process in TriggerFX started already in December 2008.

Janus

Ok thanks, I am following the reference account and my trades match up almost exactly. Good to know this is how the system was supposed to trade and those trades were as you expected.

Thanks,

papa

Information

Maybe important that you know, that trading is my profession and passion.

I am a very active member in some closed forums, specially the one from Bluto, who is a well respected programmer also in Forex-TSD.

All my systems are mainly on RAS for auditing purposes of my trading.

Janus

RAS service out!

Subscribers,

as of monday 21st september, there is a problem with the RAS service.

Not only my signals, but ALL SIGNALS are set to "suspended".

Please note, that this is a RAS problem! not a Janus Trading problem.

So far no harm has been done and open trades in TriggerFX and positiontrader GBP-USD are running fine.

MOVE SL/BE to ENTRY on GBP-USD position in RAS system 513.

Janus

TriggerFX week 21sep-25sep 2009

Subscribers,

traders,

it is a real pity, that RAS service was so messed up.

Please check the mt4 stats account of TriggerFX, how beautiful it exited this week with minimal loss, but still up for the month.

MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world

Janus

TriggerFX system available in a PAMM account with PFG Best

Janus Trading is pleased to announce , that our famous RAS system 515 TriggerFX is available in a PAMM account with PFG Best for subscribers at rentasignal.com right now.

There will be one, conservative risk level set, to prevent traders to incure unexpected losses, due to inappropriate leverage of the system.

The account will be actively managed by us and hosted at a dedicated state of the art server at CNS in the NY data center.

This is a milestone for Janus Trading, since PFG Best will allow traders and subscribers to open individual trading accounts with as little as 1000 USD.

This offer is only valid, if you are a subscriber to TriggerFX at rentasignal.com.

A valid subscription receipt with rentasignal.com has to be sent each month to us via Email or PM.

In order to subscribe, interested traders need to go through the standard account opening process with Ryan Hannam from PFG Best at rhannam@pfgbest.com , who offers outstanding customer service and has proven his customer care already many times in the past.

For very good reasons, we like to mention, that there are no commission kickbacks or any other benefits from trading, we receive from PFG Best.

Janus Trading believes, that with a first class firm, like PFG Best, our mission to deliver reliable and profitable trading systems to Forex traders is very possible and has been proven since many months of live trading.

Janus

Janus Trading

Update november 4th 2009

Subscribers,

because of the FOMC meeting today and the NFP release this coming friday, TriggerFX will go to sleep until next monday.

Janus

TriggerFX update RAS 515

Members,

after more than 6 months of trading TriggerFX RAS 515, the system has almost made its first benchmark of 10% profit, since June 1st, after the changes and the grand total since inception in march 2009 is more than 12.5%.

When checking total profit on systems at RAS webpage, please look at the very right column under "total USD".

Statistics of only 30 days can be very misleading.

TriggerFX has delivered very consistent returns, without incurring unacceptable DD periods.

The system is available with a 7 day free trail period.

Please note that the system was setup a little different before the NFA changes came into effect.

The system can be followed:

The worst DD on this 10 000USD reference account was less than 1.7% during the whole period and any subscriber can adjust the actual lotsize to own risk appetite.

Please note, that we are trading in the reference RAS account the lowest leverage of this system.

Also our own website is open:

Home

If you like to get more information about this and our other systems please visit us.

Janus

How to turn a mouse into a lion

Members,

unfortunatly the RAS founders make no difference between trading systems and gambling.

In the past few days a very interesting discussion has started about certain systems and i , on behalf of Janus Trading, like to take the opportunity to point out some of our concerns about some startegies:

1.Several systems on RAS are trading pure or hybrid Martingale strategies and publish returns of 100% per month. While this appears on the first look very promising, there is an often overlooked risk.

All of these systems risk 100% of traders capital and trade with way overleveraged positions, which will cause margin calls on very small movements.

Even, if a system has a 50% equity stop, you are still exposed losing 50% of your trading capital.

The only difference to the 100% exposure right from the beginning is, that you can have the equity stop triggered 2x in a row.

There are systems offered on this website, which deliberatly mislead traders about the actual risk.

If you invest 10 000USD and are willing to risk 5000USD, than there is no assurance, that you will not lose 2x in a row your 5000USD risk money.

Lesson 1:

A trader, who loses almost all of his trading capital is out of business.

Strategies, which already expose traders capital to that risk, put a trader already at the edge.

2.Unfortunatly the statistics page of the RAS website is so bad, that anybody can simply alter timeperiods in the system graph or put different minimum equity on it and have a very profitable system "look" as a losing one.

Lesson 2:

When checking systems, please look at the "start date" and the "total USD" in the very right column first. Than you already know, whether a system has made money or not and during what timeperiod

3.Tradeleverage:

There seems to be a total misunderstanding between 2 very important words:

1.Account leverage

2.Tradeleverage/Positionsize

1.Account leverage is the amount of margin your broker requires to open and maintain a position.

For a 100 000Currency unit position, you usually need 1000CU to open and maintain this position.

Account leverage is 1:100

This number has absolutly nothing to do with:

2.Tradeleverage/Positionsize:

This number is the relation between account equity and the size of your total positions open.

If you have 1000 USD in your trading account and trade 0.01 lots(standard account), your tradeleverage is 1, because you are trading exactly the amount of equity , that you have in your account.

Trading 0.1 lots(standard account) puts you already on a 10:1 tradeleverage, since you are trading a position, which is 10x higher, than your account equity.

A solid risk management never uses a tradeleverage of 10:1 on small accounts and never more than 4:1 on large accounts.

Any tradeleverage, which is beyond 10:1 is highly dangerous and exposes your account to an unacceptable risk.

Now let`s look at some details:

TriggerFX=RAS ID 515

Mt4 stats here:

System description here:

TriggerFX | Rent a Signal

This system trades 0.01 lots on a 10 000USD account and had as maximum 9 active orders(positions) open in its history.

What does that mean?

9x 0.01(1000)= 9000 is a tradeleverage<1=ultralow risk

RAS website states the maximum drawdown at 380USD, which equals 3.8% of the total equity of 10 000USD.

On the other hand, the statistics at RAS post a total profit in a little over 6 months of 1330 USD, or 13.3% of 10 000USD in equity

Summary:

-System has a 6+month track record

-System is profitable

-System has very low tradeleverage

-System had very low Drawdown

Conclusion= Very Low Risk

Now let`s modify the system and multiply the tradeleverage by factor 10 with the very same account equity:

-Account equity= 10 000USD

-Tradeleverage max: 9x 0.1(10 000USD)=90 000USD=9

-Drawdown= 3800 USD= 38% of account equity

-Profit= 13 300 USD= 133% of account equity

While profits appear great, the Drawdown is unacceptable, but more important is the tradeleverage factor way too high(9).

This would turn the original TriggerFX system into a very scary adventure and expose traders capital beyond acceptable levels.

Conclusion:

Very High Risk

Unfortunatly many subscribers to RAS are not seeking consistant systems, but rather the become rich quick ones.

Please note, that RAS EA allows any subscriber to chose own risk appetite:

-If you are a gambler, you can trade TriggerFX with 10x higher Lotsize factor

-If you are a serious trader, you simply leave the lotsize factor at 1

A system, delivering 13.3% return in 6 months with a Drawdown of <4% is reagarded as outstanding in the real investment world.

Please keep that always in mind, when you chose your personal trading system.

Janus

More about our company can be found:

Home

Reason: