Break Even EA

Hello, just wondering if there was a simple Breakeven EA that will monitor my trades and detect if my TP isn't hit and price goes back against me then to just close the trade if price gets back to my open price. So at least if my TP doesnt' get hit then I still wont loose anything.

Thanks

matrixebiz:
Hello, just wondering if there was a simple Breakeven EA that will monitor my trades and detect if my TP isn't hit and price goes back against me then to just close the trade if price gets back to my open price. So at least if my TP doesnt' get hit then I still wont loose anything. Thanks

This would be fairly easy to code. Assuming your trade goes into positive territory in the first place! This would be one function of an EA, but not a whole system. What are you using for an entry decision?

Another question. As far as an EA thinks, your take profit isn't hit the instant your order is placed. You need to decide at which point on your way to your TP that your Break Even will be "turned on".

it's a complicated one

IMHO..this one should rather tough to code..

matrixebiz:
Hello, just wondering if there was a simple Breakeven EA that will monitor my trades and detect if my TP isn't hit and price goes back against me then to just close the trade if price gets back to my open price. So at least if my TP doesnt' get hit then I still wont loose anything. Thanks

Why not code breakeven or move stop to breakeven after profit target reached?Or use adanced stops?

All my EAS have these and other stop management codings as standard

El

Swiss army

hello, you could have a look at swiss army, has all the features you need and more, can download from this forum somewhere, if not pm me

Ok, thanks all. Found something that will work from the info above.

Reason: