New indicators - feedback requested:

Attached is a screenshot of 3 new indicators I've built that were inspired by the MTF Heiken-Ashi system currently being manually traded. I'm building a new EA called "Delta9" based around these indicators, but I'm curious to know what you think of their visual appeal for manual trading. The first indicator shows Price Velocity bars and a MA line. The velocity is based on some adaptive moving averages. The 2nd indicator gets direct inspiration from the MTF HAS Bars and I call it the Price Compass....it simply shows whether price is rising or falling over multiple timeframes. The 3rd indicator is what I call the Price Throttle and it's designed to augment the Price Compass by showing the relative momentum of the trade direction. Dark Red & Green bars indicate full steam. Light Green and Light Red bars indicate slowing momentum and possible approaching change in trend....transitional bars. Gold bars indicate chop periods to possibly avoid trading. The indicators self configure to the current chart timeframe but you can add any number and/or combo of them on a given chart for all possible timeframes.

Thanks.

Files:
delta9.gif  63 kb

Bluto,

Nice, beautiful, visually appealing, YES! I can definitely trade manually with it.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

fxcruiser:
Bluto,

Nice, beautiful, visually appealing, YES! I can definitely trade manually with it.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Thank you sir! You will be one of the first to receive the finished EA and the set of indicators. I know your body of work well and your opinion is important!

Nice one Bluto

By the way, any explanation about the name, "Delta9"? That's the cool one

Cheers,

Nice Indys, Bluto !!!

Direction + speed + volume

wibitiens:
Nice one Bluto

By the way, any explanation about the name, "Delta9"? That's the cool one

Cheers,

A Delta is a confluence of multiple tributaries into a large body of water. I suppose the metaphor here was the confluence of 9 timeframes into a composite decision tool.

Hi Bluto,

Will users have the ability to change the color scheme?

bluto:
A Delta is a confluence of multiple tributaries into a large body of water. I suppose the metaphor here was the confluence of 9 timeframes into a composite decision tool.

Wow ... cool! So, it's something like ZEN or ... whatever

Really nice name which reflect to the system itself

Cheers,

Nice bluto,

You can merge Price Compass with Price Throttle for particular timeframe into single area for easy viewing, anyone can choose if they want to see detail or not.

Any chance you give us a clue on how you paint the colors ?

or description of price volatility ? is it by pips ?

deeforex:
Hi Bluto, Will users have the ability to change the color scheme?

Yes, that's easily done.

blueash:
Nice bluto,

You can merge Price Compass with Price Throttle for particular timeframe into single area for easy viewing, anyone can choose if they want to see detail or not.

Any chance you give us a clue on how you paint the colors ?

or description of price volatility ? is it by pips ?

I think you meant "price velocity"..I'm not using any volatility measures. I'm using several Jurik based algorithms to determine the velocity factor which could be thought of as the intensity or strength of the price movement as well as the rate of change of that movement over time. The compass tells you general price direction...when price is going up or down, but not necessarily how strong the movement is throughout the duration of that direction....it's the combined job of the Throttle and Velocity indicators to convey that strength as price accelerates and decelerates. Velocity & Throttle could probably be used without the Compass but I like 'em all on the chart.

Reason: