Ok - Frustrated

I have only gotten into Forex recently(2 weeks) and I am eager and anxious to learn everything that I can from it. Now...in the first few days, I was getting profitable trades(using demo account) and it was all looking way too easy. That was before I semi knew how to read charts and Fibonacci lines, stop losses, profit takes and things like that.

Now, I have been focusing on Fibonacci and trying to grasp that concept, but it seems that everything that I apply, my trades go the other way. I am patient and will not play with real money until i start consistently making a profit, but wanted to try something new...

Have any of you, in the beginning of your trading careers when you think it is not going well tried to figure out what you want to trade, and then go the other way. Like for instance, I see my interpretation of a signal to buy - then I will sell. If I see indication that I should sell, then I should buy. Hell at the rate I am going right now, that would make me lots of money. I know that is not the right way, but man, no one truely explains this stuff to a newbie. In all the forums I visit, there is no one actually posting info that is truely helpful to a complete newb to the strategies out there, there are only conversations that are past the newbie level. I have read 5 books, 20 e-books, all these forums and I can grasp the concept but man I cant read the market to save my life, any suggestions??

Have you try babypips.com?

Man, trading is not easy, otherwise everybody is already rich. It may take 1-3 years of learning to get consistent profit. Maybe you can get there faster or longer, nobody knows.

Well so that I am clear, i am not looking for the shortcut way, I want to learn thoroughly. I am a network engineer so I am not a dummie. I dont expect to be a millionaire, but the way I see it, if even 1 person out there can do something, then I can do it too, so i will put in the work, and I expect it to take me 18 months to get decent with this, but it just has seemed that everytime i make a move, the numbers go the other way. It can be shooting up and I buy, it goes down instantly.

I will try that babypips site out. Thanks

Dirk Diggler:
Well so that I am clear, i am not looking for the shortcut way, I want to learn thoroughly. I am a network engineer so I am not a dummie. I dont expect to be a millionaire, but the way I see it, if even 1 person out there can do something, then I can do it too, so i will put in the work, and I expect it to take me 18 months to get decent with this, but it just has seemed that everytime i make a move, the numbers go the other way. It can be shooting up and I buy, it goes down instantly. I will try that babypips site out. Thanks

As far I know, all system out there will have some bad period, good MM will keep your equity up. I'll give you a little tip that work for me. Try to find a way to determine a trend on a bit higher timeframe, and don't trade against it.

I think your attitude will pay off someday, goodluck

Pipperoni, you are experiencing what I have experienced for 3+ years now. Volatility destroys indicators, especially spikes. I use a great indicator I created, but the spikes destroy the ea that takes inputs from the indicator. As a result I get false buy and sell signals. All these years I have tried about 2,000 indicators and EA's and only get lousy consistent results because of the spikes. Trend and ranging I can handle, spikes kill the ea's and I do not know what to do to resolve this problem. As a result, I have been reduced to visually trading which really sucks since in the U.S. you end up staying up all night.

Dave

Why you frustrated?

Its live. Today my wife frustrated! big loss all trades. No cash, no hope.

Tomorrow well see.

Dirk, it takes time to gain the necessary experience to succeed in forex trading. After a while, you develop a "sixth sense" about where a particular currency pair is going to go, based on fundamental economic factors and looking at the graphs.

Chasing trends on the five-minute time frame is dicey. Hourly graphs give a better picture of developing trends.

An excellent book on technical analysis is Technical Analysis of the Currency Market, by Boris Schlossberg.

hi

Dirk Diggler:
I have only gotten into Forex recently(2 weeks) and I am eager and anxious to learn everything that I can from it. Now...in the first few days, I was getting profitable trades(using demo account) and it was all looking way too easy. That was before I semi knew how to read charts and Fibonacci lines, stop losses, profit takes and things like that.

Now, I have been focusing on Fibonacci and trying to grasp that concept, but it seems that everything that I apply, my trades go the other way. I am patient and will not play with real money until i start consistently making a profit, but wanted to try something new...

Have any of you, in the beginning of your trading careers when you think it is not going well tried to figure out what you want to trade, and then go the other way. Like for instance, I see my interpretation of a signal to buy - then I will sell. If I see indication that I should sell, then I should buy. Hell at the rate I am going right now, that would make me lots of money. I know that is not the right way, but man, no one truely explains this stuff to a newbie. In all the forums I visit, there is no one actually posting info that is truely helpful to a complete newb to the strategies out there, there are only conversations that are past the newbie level. I have read 5 books, 20 e-books, all these forums and I can grasp the concept but man I cant read the market to save my life, any suggestions??

All you need is profitable system based on your trading style, trial and error will give you great result ...if you found good system try to stick on it for several months ..after that you can decide your system really proven or no...

just keep going pal...

==================

Forex Indicators Collection

Yeah...all you need is to stick to FOREX for couple of years..which is the hardest part rest all will automatically follow

Reason: