InterbankFX Data Feed down - shut off EAs!

Guys - about an hour ago 8pm EST data from Interbank FX servers lost the past two days of data - it jumps from Feb 20 22:00 GMT to Feb22 23:00.

I called Interbank and the rep said that the tech guys are trying to fix the problem now. Apparently the market watch and current prices are correct but if you're running an EA that uses past data (moving average EAs for example) you won't get accurate info and it will screw things up.

Apparently they should have it resolved soon (maybe tomorrow) but the rep said officially they're saying by Monday!!!!!

Sit back and wait!

Yes, that plus they have not credited the swaps from yesterday.

They are an honest broker, but they need to get competent IT guys to run their servers.

mikep:
Guys - about an hour ago 8pm EST data from Interbank FX servers lost the past two days of data - it jumps from Feb 20 22:00 GMT to Feb22 23:00.

I called Interbank and the rep said that the tech guys are trying to fix the problem now. Apparently the market watch and current prices are correct but if you're running an EA that uses past data (moving average EAs for example) you won't get accurate info and it will screw things up.

Apparently they should have it resolved soon (maybe tomorrow) but the rep said officially they're saying by Monday!!!!!

Sit back and wait!

I thought it was just me . . . guess I reinstalled the platform for nothing

My EAs got confused and the stop losses kicked in. I lost 6% in a moment. Well, I am mad, but that is a risk one has to take when autotrading.

A year and a half ago, I lost 20% of my account due to a malfunction with Strategyrunner trading S&P eminis. Yet, I think autotrading is the way to go and am ready to take my chances.

Maji:
My EAs got confused and the stop losses kicked in. I lost 6% in a moment. Well, I am mad, but that is a risk one has to take when autotrading. A year and a half ago, I lost 20% of my account due to a malfunction with Strategyrunner trading S&P eminis. Yet, I think autotrading is the way to go and am ready to take my chances.

Yikes - talk about a kick in the nuts! (apologies to the ladies ladies reading this) Ouch - hopefully others will see this and turn off their EAs before any other trades are triggered!

It's downright pathetic. Spread and slippage gouging is a given, but EA's rely at a minumum on contiguous and dependable data flow. I'll bet a lot of folks have been hurt by this. I'm beginning to wonder sometimes if there are ulterior motives at work. Last week it was the IBFX outages right about when Bernake was speaking.

yes, it hurt. Actually, I had to stop trading that account because the 20% loss was followed by a few more hiccups. I believe Strategyrunner has improved their software, but I am still slightly gunshy.

As for Bluto, I think I will give IBFX the benefit of doubt. I think they stand to lose more in terms of client satisfaction when these hiccups occurs. Please remember, you are taking a risk when you give the keys of your trading to the computer.

Maji:
yes, it hurt. Actually, I had to stop trading that account because the 20% loss was followed by a few more hiccups. I believe Strategyrunner has improved their software, but I am still slightly gunshy. As for Bluto, I think I will give IBFX the benefit of doubt. I think they stand to lose more in terms of client satisfaction when these hiccups occurs. Please remember, you are taking a risk when you give the keys of your trading to the computer.

So true....what you say. When these things happen, I just dust off and fire up my secret deadly "BlitzKrieg Gonzo-Grid" EA to win back those fault related losses....

May be its my luck. Most of the EAs survived, except 1 uses internal stop loss, that it detect as unusual market movement(spike, trend change, gapping after weekend), so it trigger internal stop lossed. The rest still going strong.

Files:
230207.gif  5 kb
230207.htm  20 kb
Reason: