pivot point indi

Hi all,

Firstly apologies as this topic has been covered no end of times as I found when trying to locate a solution to my problem.

Iv downloaded tz-pivot.mq4 which can be found in my folder icon in metaeditor.

However i cannot get the programme to run.

Help !!

Kev

Did you compile it?

Yes. I click the folder icon in the top left area of metaeditor.

This then shows my 'downloads' folder of my laptop.

Inside this is the tz-pivot.mq4 icon.

When i click this it opens as a text window showing all the commands.

Leaving this open, i then click the 'compile' icon in the metaeditor menu bar at the top.

Having done this, it says 'compiling tz-pivot(1).mq4...

Underneath this it says 0 error(s) 0 warning(s)

If i click on either of these messages, nothing happens.

What is the latest file to download for pivot points on mt4 anyway ? Anyone know ?

Give this one a shot.

mrfigure:

However i cannot get the programme to run.

It's not a program it's an indicator . . . what exactly did you do to try and run it after you had compiled it ?

There is nothing to confirm the file has been compiled, just the messaged iv posted appear. When I then go into indicators to check if it is now part of the list, it isnt present.

The indicator is what appears on your chart, the programme runs the indicator !

mrfigure:

There is nothing to confirm the file has been compiled, just the messaged iv posted appear. When I then go into indicators to check if it is now part of the list, it isnt present.

The indicator is what appears on your chart, the programme runs the indicator !

Yes, the program is MT4 . . . anyway, did you re-start MT4 ?

Yep restarted still doesnt appear anywhere.

Windows doesnt recognise the file and cant open it.

When opened in metaeditor though, as stated, it opens up the file and you can see the command lines.

Do i need install a file suitable to open these programmes ? or is the metaeditor supposed to do this ?

I had the same problem till I moved the file to the right place i.e. the indicator folder then compile it.

Iv tried that......draggin, droppin, hangin, swingin, fartin, cant get it in the indicator folder in the navigator ?

mrfigure:
Iv tried that......draggin, droppin, hangin, swingin, fartin, cant get it in the indicator folder in the navigator ?
So you copied the indicator ex4 and mq4 files to the experts/indicators folder, restarted MT4 then you looked in the Navigator under Custom Indicators ?
Reason: