Balance dynamic control: a suggestion

One feature that could be useful in MT5, for Demo accounts (obviously), would be to adjust the account balance on the fly, i.e., a balance dynamic control, as most investors do this manually in real accounts.

In my view, with this new resource, it would be possible emulate/simulate new money/risk management systems, based on dynamic deposits and withdrawals.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

figurelli:

One feature that could be useful in MT5, for Demo accounts (obviously), would be to adjust the account balance on the fly, i.e., a balance dynamic control, as most investors do this manually in real accounts.

In my view, with this new resource, it would be possible emulate/simulate new money/risk management systems, based on dynamic deposits and withdrawals.

Can you explain your idea with more details and maybe with examples ?

angevoyageur:
Can you explain your idea with more details and maybe with examples ?
For sure, I will do it asap. Thanks.

The idea is a function to change the Balance value in real time, for demo accounts.

Step by step example:

1) Balance: $10,000 (initial) 

2) Call fictitious function BalanceChange(MODE_DEPOSIT, 5000);

3) Balance: $15,000 (new balance) 

4) After some OrderSend(s)/OrderClose(s) you won $2,000

5) Balance: $17,000 

6)  Call fictitious function BalanceChange(MODE_WITHDRAW, 3000);

7) Balance: $14,000 

8) ...

figurelli:

The idea is a function to change the Balance value in real time, for demo accounts.

Step by step example:

1) Balance: $10,000 (initial) 

2) Call fictitious function BalanceChange(MODE_DEPOSIT, 5000);

3) Balance: $15,000 (new balance) 

4) After some OrderSend(s)/OrderClose(s) you won $2,000

5) Balance: $17,000 

6)  Call fictitious function BalanceChange(MODE_WITHDRAW, 3000);

7) Balance: $14,000 

8) ...

There is already TesterWithdrawal, but nothing for deposit I think.

angevoyageur:
There is already TesterWithdrawal, but nothing for deposit I think.
Maybe a negative figure can be used ?

RaptorUK:
Maybe a negative figure can be used ?
Let us know when you have tried ;-)

angevoyageur:
Let us know when you have tried ;-)
It looks like it only works with positive numbers.  :-(

RaptorUK:
It looks like it only works with positive numbers.  :-(
So the best is to write to ServiceDesk, suggesting to add a TesterBalance() function. Up to you figurelli :-)
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

angevoyageur:
So the best is to write to ServiceDesk, suggesting to add a TesterBalance() function. Up to you figurelli :-)

Thanks, but note that post some ideas and suggestions is relevant to double check if they are really new features, and, if so, improves with community suggestions.

TesterWithdrawal, for instance, was unknown to me, so now we just need TesterDeposit to complete my idea, as stated before.

After that, exhausted the alternatives, I think is the right moment to write to ServiceDesk with a final compilation, to avoid suggesting something far away from reality.

figurelli:

Thanks, but note that post some ideas and suggestions is relevant to double check if they are really new features, and, if so, improves with community suggestions.

TesterWithdrawal, for instance, was unknown to me, so now we just need TesterDeposit to complete my idea, as stated before.

After that, exhausted the alternatives, I think is the right moment to write to ServiceDesk with a final compilation, to avoid suggesting something far away from reality.

I agree, good method.
Reason: