MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 911

[Deleted]
Dear Members, Is there a member who can tell me if I can use MT4 with my Mac? Here's what I have: Processor: 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 2GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 288MB Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)  To use the Rapid Results Method I just received, I need MT4 but I...
[Deleted]
Hello!  Is there any function that returns the number of bars on a chart for a specified TimeFrame? I mean, I dont need the Bars variable which returns the number of bars on a current chart. I need to pass 1440 for example and obtain the number of bars for a D1 chart.   Thanks a lot 
[Deleted]
Hi!  Is it possible to draw 2 separate histograms on one indicator windows? Thanks 
Hello    I have one ea idea based on MACD SIGNAL LINE  with EMA4 CROSSOVER.Can any body help me.It was worked Indian stock and commodity markets manually.It will work in Forex also.Please help me. Sreanivaas 
[Deleted]
Hello Everyone , I found this indicator and i want to have an EA for it I want it to buy when a green buy arrow appear and exit when the yellow arrow appear , if the result is loss so the next entry id double lot size .
Hi to all, and thanks for taking your time! I want an ADX that shows green if the ADX is rising, red when its falling...for some reason I don't know it doesn't work with  the code below...can you please assist? In the charts the bars where it changes form risng to falling ans other way around the...
It is not easy to open a buy market order above the high price. Does this happen much?   By the way, it was not a successful trade. ;-)  
[Deleted]
Hello, In MT4, when an Expert Advisor is initialized and loaded, the init start function is executed when a tick comes in. However, this is the important part, according to this website, the Expert Advisor will only execute on the next tick, if it has already completed the running from the last...
Howdy All, Strategy tester seems sluggish running h1 strategy tester both visual or without. If I do a 1 month non-visual it will take me up to an hour just to look for open orders or make them. Wondering if there would be any tricks or suggestions. Obviously nothing is a trick bu perhaps something...
Hi to everybody, I have written an indicator in MT5 which shows the last two highs/lows in comparing 3 bars to the left & one bar to the right. It works fine. I want to do the same in MT4 fpr a friend, but I fail...and don'rt know why!? It  takes the wrong arrows, not the ones I choose - see...
[Deleted]
Hello! I want to implement the following strategy: "Forks on the difference in quotes from different brokerage companies : The strategy is very simple, is that you can put the opposite rates on the same tool in two brokerage companies and wait for the quotes divergence in the right direction, then
Do we need to think about the speed of functions in our program structure? If code uses Trade Functions between the the part of the code that makes the decision to trade and the code that actually makes the trade, then speed could matter. In a fast moving market would the following program be too...
[Deleted]
  EA Writing  (1)
Can anyone please code this EA, i have given here logic for EA. Logic- 1) We can choose Starting position as BUY/SELL or BOTH. As EA starts it will take BUY/SELL or both positions at market level. 2) Adjustable Stop Loss and Target Price. 3) Martingle Money Management (mm)- Adjustable 4) If SL/TP...
[Deleted]
for some weird reason the intervals of the charts are double what they should be . For example: M30  returns times 00:00, 01:00, 02:00, 03:00 etc (1 hour intervals)  H1    returns times 02:00, 04:00;06:00;08:00 etc (2 hour intervals) H4    returns times 04:00, 12:00,20:00 etc (8 hour intervals) its...
Hello, I want to test an EA in tester with my own tick data. What I did: I recorded ~3.2M EURUSD ticks the last months. I ran simple_csv2fxt script with this tick data and it created a EURUSD1_0.fxt file and a EURUSD1.hst file. The script tells me that it added 1.7M ticks and finalized 54000 bars. -...
I'm trying to figure out the best way to change something like this, 21345.6789 to this, 21000. NormalizeDouble seems to work in decimal places but I would like to round down to the nearest 1000s. I'm trying to use DoubleToStr but it seems like there's got to be a better way.
  Code error  (12   1 2)
Hi all I am currently trying to find an error in my code.  I've been debugging this part of the program for some time by now, but I've not been able to find the error.  It must be a very simple one, as the code is very simple, as you can see below.  The problem is that when I try to calculate...
  minimum tick time difference  (11   1 2)
Dear all   What is the minimum tick time difference between a new quote and an old one should be?   Is it accurate to use this code to measure?   int old_tt;double old_bid;int start(){   int start=GetTickCount();   double a = MarketInfo("EURUSD",MODE_BID);   if( old_bid != 0 && a != old_bid )...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I'm having an issue with trendlines. I can't have a short width horizontally. Please see the code: string name1 = "barBody";string name2 = "barClose";int type = OBJ_TREND;int window = 0;datetime time1 = Time[1];double price1 = High[1];datetime time2 = Time[1];double price2= Low[1];datetime...
Good afternoon, (scuse for my english, is not my language) I would want to know if it's possible to buy/sell a pairB from an EA whose is plot on a graph of a pairA. I write an pair trading EA and I haven't error during compliation, however when I test it, the EA buy/sell only pairA and never pairB...
Hello, I use "MT4, Build 482", today I found that function OrderSelect(1,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_HISTORY) does not return the first order from the history, but returns order from the middle of the history. OrderSelect(1,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_HISTORY); Print("First Order #= ",OrderTicket()); The Result...
Hello, This is my very first post, i apologize if i can't speak english well.. Iam new in mql4 programming and i want to learn to modify my EA that i got from another forum, its scalping EA.. i want to add feature to set percentage target, the EA will count first the current balance when the EA is...
Hello, Just want to say this board rocks! I have gained so much knowledge just from reading the posts that I have been able to program my own ea! Thanks to all those who freely give their time on here... Kudos! I have moved over to an ECN broker, and naturally I cant enter the stop and target on the...
Hi, can an indicator check or find out whether it is called by iCustom(..) (to speed up: suppress CreatObject(), Print(..)...) or it is installed on a 'live-chart'? Thanks, Gooly
  can i find a error  (22   1 2 3)
int a[3,3];a[3,2]=54;Print(a[3,2]); cant find a error in this..gives output 0;
  Garch on MT4  (2)
Hello Everyone , I am new to the forum . I just started using Mt4 and I would be interested in building a forcasting indicator for real time trading based on arch- Garch models . Do you know where I input the source code to create the indicator. Is it the same programme language as Eviews ? Thank
hi every body  i want to ask  MetaQuotes  for request to add a new feature in MetaTrader 4 i call this feature "Active Profile"  as all of us know, MT4 support multi profile, every profile have it's charts   we use this normal featur to organize our chart, Some make every profile for specific...
New article MQL5 Programming Basics: Time is published at mql5.com: The article focuses on standard MQL5 functions for working with time, as well as programming techniques and practically useful functions for working with time that are required when creating Expert Advisors and indicators....
[Deleted]
  Help me!  (2)
Hello.I bought new smartphone. Is it impossible to change background color? Because Not a upper/lower shadow is in sight. only real body appear.
Dear all   When I try to drag this EA to EURUSD M5 chart or choose "Attach to a chart" command, MT4 just gave me no response.    Does anybody know why?   Thanks for your kind help!   wing    int old_tt1, old_tt2, old_tt3;double old_bid1, old_bid2, old_bid3;datetime time, time1;int signal_up;int...