Buy or Sell a pair from an EA plot on a pairA

Good afternoon, (scuse for my english, is not my language)

I would want to know if it's possible to buy/sell a pairB from an EA whose is plot on a graph of a pairA.

I write an pair trading EA and I haven't error during compliation, however when I test it, the EA buy/sell only pairA and never pairB and I have an error 4106 (unknow symbol).

Is it possible to do this please? and if yes, could you exlain me how I can do this please? 

Thank's a lot for your answer and your time. 

neo-13:

Good afternoon, (scuse for my english, is not my language)

I would want to know if it's possible to buy/sell a pairB from an EA whose is plot on a graph of a pairA.

I write an pair trading EA and I haven't error during compliation, however when I test it, the EA buy/sell only pairA and never pairB and I have an error 4106 (unknow symbol).

Yes it is possible,  please show your code.

Thank's for your answer:

if(SpreadPrev<BollSupPrev && Spread>BollSup && TradeOk==1)  

{

nb_contrats=0.1;

resA=OrderSend(InstrA,OP_BUY,nb_contrats,Ask,3,0,0,"",MAGICMA,0,Yellow);

EquityTotale=0;//je la remet a 0 afin que le calcul du coef soit fait a nouveau

msg="Long "+InstrA+" "+TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_DATE)+" "+TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_SECONDS)+" "+NormalizeDouble(nb_contrats,2)+" a "+Ask+" "+coefMultiplicateur;

if(resA==-1)

{

WriteLog("Erreur","OrderSend","EA_CointBoll Long "+InstrA,nb_contrats,Ask,GetLastError(),coefMultiplicateur);

msg=msg+"Envoi Long: "+InstrA+","+GetLastError()+" Coef: "+coefMultiplicateur;

}

else if(resA>=0)

{

WriteLog("Trade","OrderSend","EA_CointBoll long "+InstrA,NormalizeDouble(nb_contrats,2),Ask,0,coefMultiplicateur);

msg=msg+"Envoi ok "+InstrA;  

}

resB=OrderSend(InstrB,OP_SELL,nb_contrats,Bid,3,0,0,"",MAGICMA2,0,Yellow); //I try with the same magin and I had the same problem

msg=msg+"<br/>Short "+InstrB+" "+TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_DATE)+" "+TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_SECONDS)+" "+NormalizeDouble(nb_contrats,2)+" a "+Ask+" "+coefMultiplicateur;

if(resB==-1)

{

WriteLog("Erreur","OrderSend","EA_CointBoll Short "+InstrB,nb_contrats,Bid,GetLastError(),coefMultiplicateur);

msg=msg+"Envoi Short: "+InstrB+","+GetLastError()+" Coef: "+coefMultiplicateur;

}

else if(resB>=0)

{

WriteLog("Trade","OrderSend","EA_CointBoll Short "+InstrB,NormalizeDouble(nb_contrats,2),Bid,0,coefMultiplicateur);

msg=msg+"Envoi ok "+InstrB;   

}

SendMail("EA_CointBoll LASB"+InstrA+"-"+InstrB,msg);

} 

1. Play video
    Please edit your post.
    For large amounts of code, attach it.

2. resB=OrderSend(InstrB,OP_SELL,nb_contrats,Bid,3,0,0,"",MAGICMA...
    You are asking about trading InstrB. But Bid is the charts price not InstrB.
  3. msg=msg+"<br/>Short "+InstrB
       +" "+TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_DATE)+" "+TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_SECONDS)
       +" "+NormalizeDouble(nb_contrats,2)+" a "+Ask+" "+coefMultiplicateur;
          if(resB==-1)      {
             WriteLog("Erreur","OrderSend","EA_CointBoll Short "+InstrB,nb_contrats,
                      Bid,GetLastError(),coefMultiplicateur);
    Test for the error and capture GetLastError immediately. Lines in between can invalidate your GLE.
  4. buy/sell a pairB from an EA whose is plot on a graph of a pairA.
    Yes, but you can't use Bid/Ask/Digits, etc. Don't do it, code the EA to select only its magic number and pair and just put it on multiple charts. Don't needlessly complicate things.

Thank's,

of course I understand, however, how can I do to have OHLC of pairB please? I looked your link, but I didn't understand.

Thank's a lot. 

neo-13:

Thank's,

of course I understand, however, how can I do to have OHLC of pairB please? I looked your link, but I didn't understand.

If you want Bid or Ask for a different symbol use MarketInfo()  with MODE_BID and MODE_ASK   if you want OHLC price use iOpen(), iHigh(), etc.

Thank's so much,

I re write my code with you explanation, but now I have an error 4059, and this error is "function not allowed" in testing mode.

Is it impossible to test a pair tradin strategy? 

And please, is my code good or must I change another thing?

Thank's. 

if(SpreadPrev<BollSupPrev && Spread>BollSup && TradeOk==1)  
   {
      nb_contrats=0.1;
      resA=OrderSend(InstrA,OP_BUY,nb_contrats,Ask,3,0,0,"",MAGICMA,0,Yellow);

EquityTotale=0;//je la remet a 0 afin que le calcul du coef soit fait a nouveau
      msg="Long "+InstrA+" "+TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_DATE)+" "+TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_SECONDS)+" "+NormalizeDouble(nb_contrats,2)+" a "+Ask+" "+coefMultiplicateur;
      if(resA==-1)
      {
         WriteLog("Erreur","OrderSend","EA_CointBoll Long "+InstrA,nb_contrats,Ask,GetLastError(),coefMultiplicateur);
         msg=msg+"Envoi Long: "+InstrA+","+GetLastError()+" Coef: "+coefMultiplicateur;
      }
      else if(resA>=0)
      {
         WriteLog("Trade","OrderSend","EA_CointBoll long "+InstrA,NormalizeDouble(nb_contrats,2),Ask,0,coefMultiplicateur);
         msg=msg+"Envoi ok "+InstrA;  
      }
      resB=OrderSend(InstrB,OP_SELL,nb_contrats,MarketInfo(InstrB,MODE_BID),3,0,0,"",MAGICMA2,0,Yellow);
      msg=msg+"<br/>Short "+InstrB+" "+TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_DATE)+" "+TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_SECONDS)+" "+NormalizeDouble(nb_contrats,2)+" a "+Ask+" "+coefMultiplicateur;
      if(resB==-1)
      {
         WriteLog("Erreur","OrderSend","EA_CointBoll Short "+InstrB,nb_contrats,MarketInfo(InstrB,MODE_BID),GetLastError(),coefMultiplicateur);
         msg=msg+"Envoi Short: "+InstrB+","+GetLastError()+" Coef: "+coefMultiplicateur;
      }
      else if(resB>=0)
      {
         WriteLog("Trade","OrderSend","EA_CointBoll Short "+InstrB,NormalizeDouble(nb_contrats,2),Bid,0,coefMultiplicateur);
         msg=msg+"Envoi ok "+InstrB;   
      }
      SendMail("EA_CointBoll LASB"+InstrA+"-"+InstrB,msg);
   }

neo-13:

Thank's so much,

I re write my code with you explanation, but now I have an error 4059, and this error is "function not allowed" in testing mode.

Is it impossible to test a pair tradin strategy? 

And please, is my code good or must I change another thing?

<CODE DELETED>

Please edit your post . . .    please use the   SRC   button to post code: How to use the   SRC   button. 

This should help:   Testing Features and Limits in MetaTrader 4

Reason: