MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 792

[Deleted]
Is there a way to automatically close and open all charts using MQL4?
Hello, I wonder that how can I do explained below. For example, if RSI > 50, MACD cross upward if its value below 0 and lastly CCI just cross over -100 for buy signal. Also, for second trade, all of them should turn to their default levels as the initial period of the first order(RSI should go...
Hi, I had to close my PC manually after it got stucked when MT4 and some other programs running. Then rebooted the windoes and when i try to run MT4 i got the following error messages : "MetaTrader has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working properly. Please close the...
if (StringFind(IgnorePair,TempSymbol, 0) < 0) <=== any reason this line no longer works?
I need help on coding an indicator to count number of crossings of Moving Average with Open. I attempted coding it but when I attached to a chart there was no value. The indicator should count when MA1 crosses above Open while MA2 is under
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, I am using 610 build of Mt4 and I am trying to convert M1 into M5, M15 and so on up to Daily. I am using period converter script but it is simply not working. Is there any change in the way we crate higher timeframes from M1 imported data? I`d like to add that while I am doing...
OK, here is one serious bug in MetaEditor b509. I ran out of space on disk, which i didn't notice (last backtest created 50GB log), so i continued working and after recompiling/saving the SOURCE WAS DELETED FROM DISK, i.e. it had size zero. No disk full warning, nothing.
Hi Guys, When I try to create Bar indicator based on other indicator I can not get the value for the first not completed Bar. I have got EMPTY_VALUE. In order to skip that I decided to use the value of the first completed bar of the based indicator (limit+1) and to use it as Bar[0] in my indicator....
Hi Guys, After update (MT4 600 Build) some dll function calls don't work. For instance file open function call "_lopen" from kernel32.dll doesn't work. It was perfect with previous versions. Is there any workaround? Besides event handling sometimes stops working without any reason. After restart...
  EA optimization  (1)
Hi, I create EA and now I try on optimization. I use optimization on one pc and best results write to other pc and get different results. Could it be because I use updated MT4 and not updated MT4?
[Deleted]
When downloading any Mt4 platform ... my expert files is missing ... what am i doing wrong
Hello folks. I am a professional TS developer reporting here messages shared by other users. The new builds Strategy Tester no longer able to work. Tests that nailing, imported data unusable, those has to be downloaded often are not available to be discharged. I have 12 unused platforms on 2 servers...
Hi, with the new update for meta trader i am no longer can make a test for my EA's just for a short period and then the test stop automaticlly i was working with old one and every thing was fine and all that is happen with the new update, any help. take a look to this EA.
[Deleted]
Hello all, Hope everyone is enjoying the new platform as much as I am :) I have a simple indicator that has stopped working under v600+. And the old v509 compiler will compile the Source File ok but the executable does not wanna play :) Here is the code :) //Blah Blah#property...
hi first of all, thanks for reading this article, this code i have taken from a mql5 EA, in this EA moving average indicator is used, and i am fascinated by its use, i want to try it in mt4 input int MA_RED_PERIOD = 7 ; input int MA_YEL_PERIOD = 14 ; int ma_red_handle, ma_yel_handle, macd_handle;
Hi I was forced onto build 600 by metaquotes - no warning. Fortunately I was working on my pc, and saw the cpu go through the roof due to all the error message processing. Log files hit 265mb in 10 mins per platform. I hate to think what would have happened had i not been in front of the pc. Zero...
I have finished my indicators, although I would like to add minimums and maximums, but my main issue is writing out the code for their iCustom(...)s, so that I can use them in my EA. Pressurised Market Buy(Downward Bias)...
hello, I ask help with a simple EA, to open a position when there is a gap between the close on Friday and the opening Monday. I have this EA, and I would like to put a stop loss and trailing stop, but all the solutions I've tried it give me error. Can you help? thanks...
Dear All, after a deep reading of the MQL reference I've started to program and translate an existing indicator from another system (realtimepro) This indicato get an ok from the Compile, but fail when attached to a chart. the fail message is Array Out Of Range, and from the debugger I see is at...
[Deleted]
So I currently have meta trader 4 v4 Build 610, I would like to test a strategy, however when pasting the indicators in the experts folder. They do appear under the EA tabs, the HAMA indicator however is greyed out and the other indicators show errors in the experts tab. And when I try to load a...
Hi All, Can i go on coding my EAs the old way with the new editor without problem?. (I see very new things, OnStart (instead of start())... Could you give me the link to the new changes? Best.
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm trying to do an EMA of an indicator (ADX) in an EA, but I must be doing something wrong cause it doesn't work. I attach some lines of the code: <Please use SRC Button> Fisrt of all, what I have to do to see this ema on the screen in a backtest for example? And second, if I try to backtest...
Hi, i want save course as a value in global variable. It need to be save as a current value, written in points. Not the Ask or Bid. I want to use it to compare distance between orders. If i use GlobalVariableSet GLV == OrderOpenPrice than it will be ask or bid price and it will be always current...
Hi, I have all in all 5 installations of MT4 on 3 computers, all connected to the same broker, same live-account. The problem is, that on the first computer there is still build 509, on the 2nd is build 604, the 3rd buil 610... :-/ Usually the updates are fully automated, but actually the...
Hi, can somebody tell me why this script only displays rounded, 4-decimal values, although I use a 5-digit-broker? int start()  {//----   datetime drop_time   = WindowTimeOnDropped();   int shift            = iBarShift(NULL, 0, drop_time);   double BarHigh       = iHigh(NULL, 0, shift);   double...
To offer a ea as seller in the market metaquotes writes in 'How to Post a Product in the Market': When preparing screenshots from the test results, use only the server access.metatrader5.com:443. All Expert Advisors posted in in the Market service are tested on the history data of this server. My...
[Deleted]
I've a indicator *.mq4 which can use in expert advisor MT4, how can I make this file to be robot? Thanks in advance.
i want to make a ea. which will open the pending order at a fixed times with the take profit and stop loss. like that i want to open two pending order like buy stop and sell stop at 5.50. i will start the ea at 5.45. than ea will show the dynamic order with some different from market price. i will...
Hi I seem to have developed a problem downloading some of the indicators from here. The MQL4 source file downloads ok but not the ex4 file. It's only started after the last update to the MT4 software. Any help or advise would be appreciated. Thanks Joe
it appears to me that this file isn't coded correctly as i constantly am getting 4 error messages in it when i try to compile it