Build 610 Strategy Tester doesn't work!

Hello folks.

I am a professional TS developer reporting here messages shared by other users.

The new builds Strategy Tester no longer able to work.

Tests that nailing, imported data unusable, those has to be downloaded often are not available to be discharged.

I have 12 unused platforms on 2 servers and one hundred optimizations for FWA tests to be done to a commercial EA.

With 610 finally I was able to download historians Alpari Limited, but only on platforms just installed. Once closed and reopened, do not download any more.

Imports not talk about it either, sometimes you can, sometimes not, but the tests are too slow, they starts at their pleasure, optimizations sometimes stop working after a certain number of steps. If you change a Symbol between a back test and the other everything crash, it's up to restart the platform.

Some thing using OS Windows XPSP3 and Windows Server 2008 r2 64bit standard.

Please, fix this as soon as possible!

It 's the first time that I question the quality of mt4. But i can not work in this situation.

Are you using Google translate?

hi, we started here: https://forum.mql4.com/60756/page13 and here: https://forum.mql4.com/61057/page2

happy to know 3rd one.

I'm not talking about the performance of the tests, I'm talking about the impossibility of testing.

(tests are too slow) and (impossibility of testing) ->false

Hi, I agree with you, and I've found the issue. I'm using Build 574, but I think it should be the same problem, if they didn't fix it on the newer builts.

What I've found:

1)There is impossible to test beyond certain number of previous bars. They seem to be always the same number, so if you put the Daily timeframe, you can test further than with M1, but only since sep2008.

2)Functions like iOpen() doesn't work if they are set to lower timeframes that the one set on the tester, they return 0.

3)Being that so, my EA wich has iOpen(), iClose().. for 1M can only test properly about 1 month of previous data.

Please fix it ASAP!

Guillem_Parrado:

Hi, I agree with you, and I've found the issue. I'm using Build 574, but I think it should be the same problem, if they didn't fix it on the newer builts.

What I've found:

1)There is impossible to test beyond certain number of previous bars. They seem to be always the same number, so if you put the Daily timeframe, you can test further than with M1, but only since sep2008.

2)Functions like iOpen() doesn't work if they are set to lower timeframes that the one set on the tester, they return 0.

3)Being that so, my EA wich has iOpen(), iClose().. for 1M can only test properly about 1 month of previous data.

Please fix it ASAP!

Your post is irrelevant, current build is 610.

Guillem_Parrado:

What I've found:

Please fix it ASAP!

It's unlikely that anything you report on build 574 will be worked on, it may already have been fixed in build 600, 603, 604 or 610 . . . please retest in build 610 and report back.
Reason: