MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1600

Java & MQL4  (4)
Dear MetaTrader Developers, I have to write a binary file in JAVA language and read it using MQL, but i amfacing an incompatibility problem. I am writing a simple integer ("400") value into a binary file ("data.dat") using the following Java code: File f = new File("data.dat"); FileOutputStream...
Hello together, i am trying some MetaTrader FX Brokers right here right know - and asking myselfwhich i will using in the future ? I also would use MetaTrader 4 Mobile Smartphone Edition - and would also pay 45USD for it but i have a basic questions before ... I have 3 Demo Accounts from 3...
I have a template that has a number of custom indicators with settings. I have updated the indicators by closing down MT, copying the new custom indicatorsover the existing ones (same file name) and then opening MT4 with the old template. I am correct to assume that the charts will contain the new...
[Deleted]
Hi, DDE or whatever. There's a suitable protocol? I expected to being able to export indicator's historical values in as easy way as for historical quotes. Thank you so much, SA
I am thinking to buy a notebook ASUS Eee PC. What is the minimum configuration to use MT4? Thanks
thanks for all the recent articles, sure helps us new mq4'ers ..... quick question, does anyone remember seeing an article that had a method to increasethe size of the input pop up box..... the article was wriien on a different subjectbut touched on the difficulty involved when large numbers af...
Hi When I backtest i notice that usually 12 pip loss is $120 and then sometimes itwould lose $177 or $133. Why is this and how can I sidestep this? L.
[Deleted]
To all experienced coders... do you break the steps of a complex function down tosub functions? For debugging would'nt this be easier to test each step for accuracy.Then once the final result is verfied the sub functions can be combined to a singlefunction? Or is it best practice to keep each step...
Seems to work best on EURUSD on daily charts. Any comments gratefully recieved. Specifically advice on how to implement a trailingstop loss as this might be a good way to exit my trades. Or I was thinking another way might be to be when the gap gets small between theparabolic and the price. As...
Hello, what's easier for the computer to calculate, if the values are calculatein the same script/file or to pick it up with iCustom function from other files?
[Deleted]
Hello Do you know, when we close a trade or partially close it (split), what happens tomagic number? tahnks
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm a newby and therefore I'm very pleased to communicate with you all. My question is: What is the simpliest and quickiest way to add in my indicator code a moving averagethat is not present in default modes? For instance, I'm talking about Triangular Moving Average, consisting of an average of...
The Indicator on wavelet - a transformation Kristi_GrafWav. Possible use the indicator both for mono, and for multi exchange analysis on threeinstruments. The Groups topple, period frames are selected on Your discretion.The Graphs will be removed in one window in one scale, possible choose any oneof...
Hi members, my first post here, but i have to say very good site! I'm working a custom indicator that i have made. So far so good but i can not getvalues from it older than lets say x bars. Why is that, when i'm reading all barswith Bars-1 function? Maybe the problem is in Time[i+j] function? Is...
If get it wrong in EA code it can basically just keep looping and with the journalgetting massively filled up etc..... Is there a HOT KEY combination to kill off this runaway EA? TIA
Do i have to confirm it if it's true or not for all types of actions( i mean wheni am modifying and sending pending & market order) or just for the Market order? Thanks in advance.
[Deleted]
Hello all, I'm using icustom to get the value of two lines from an custom indicator. My expertadvise send orders when the lines of the indicator crosses. My problem is... the values that I getting with icustom, change every tick, butmy indicator only draws lines in the selected timeframe. The...
[Deleted]
I change my EA from trailing-stop profit taking and add some fibo points prior tostart trailing. But then EA won't trade at all. Please help me find my own mistake.Thank you. void CheckForTrailing() { double highest = High[iHighest(Symbol(),PERIOD_H1,MODE_HIGH,p,0)]; double lowest =...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone. I want to create a simple EA that generates live trading signals based on the crossingof Parabolic SAR and the actual price. So basically any time the SAR goes underthe price there will be a buy order and every time it goes above will be a sellorder. there will be no set take profit or...
[Deleted]
How would one go about guaranteeing that each bar is only processed once? I have a routine that performs some counting on each bar of occurrences of a setup.I need to make sure that each bar is only processed once so that each "occurrence"of this setup is only counted once. I can only need to...
[Deleted]
Hi all I'm trying to get the close time (or open time) of the last closed bar (in 30m graph) I'm using the iTIME function and it doesnt work : if (iTime( NULL, PERIOD_M30, 1) = H'01:30') ....... any other way to get this information ?? thank you
Hello, I use the 1 min Chart in Strategietestermodus to calculate bigger timeframes,but at the start from the run there are not enough Bars in the chart, in the 1min history are datas till 2004 and when I start a test betwen 2006 and 2007 Iwant to have all historyvalues to get, can I set that the...
The website will be transferred to a new server on the 15th of January. This may cause some service troubles on the website. Please have our apologies for possible inconveniences.
[Deleted]
Attempting to display real time drawdown on chart account. To confirm is Maximum Drawdown the highest point in Equity to the lowest point inEquity as a percentage? What would be the correct formula?
[Deleted]
Greetings, The MT4 chart scales automatically if in the chart properties window both boxes ‘Scale fix One to One’ and‘Scale fix’ are not check marked. Placing the object on the chart with vertical position determined by fixedprice will cause object to move in vertically not only by price movement,...
[Deleted]
[ deleted] By joining the team at Emerging Growth Alert you will be in position to receive stock alerts profiling stocks about to move or already in motion. Our alerts are sent in time for you to research, investigate and make a decision about whether this opportunity is right for you. You will not...
On the version I downloaded to my desktop there are a few stocks that i can watch,but i can't figure out how to add others. Can some one help?? THanks!! -dd
The script read the statement and show closed transactions on the chart . Last deals with EURUSD of champion expert from Better
[Deleted]
HI, Does anybody know or have an EA for the Impact Trading System or the Trend Forex System or know anybody who can program them for me. Regards Warren
  Tick charts  (3)
Is it planned to get real tick charts in MT4? I mean in a window like the one you get for M1, H1... and were you can apply indicators. I understand that storing the history of tichs would be too heavy but at least theticks might be collected from the time we open the graph. That is really something...