Signals : Ask & Say Anything & Everything About MQL5 Trading Signals - page 58

jasonbourne:

Hello everyone,

I'm new to following signals/metatrader 5 and although i have found answers to most of my questions online I still have a few points that i would like to ask :)

My question is this, when i tried to follow a signal provider I got the following message:

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/webbie146/question1_zps32ee1f34.jpg

I don't really understand what floating profit means? Also it say's 7.39 USD. Does that mean that if I sync now I would lose 7.39? Would it give any further problems/losses if I sync now?

And if I decide to wait on average how long would it take to get a 'negative' floating profit?

And will metatrader automatically sync when it sees the floating profit is negative, ore should i just keep checking myself?

Thanks a lot!

It means if you copy it now, you will end up loosing a share of takeprofit set by signal provider, and it can also happen that trade may go opposite side, and hit stop loss in such case you will end up loosing 7.39 more than signal provider. 

It is better to wait till signal provider closes his position, in such cases.

Note: If your signalprovider is not having Stop loss, you might end up loosing all of your money. So, better follow signals which do have strict Stop Loss.  Past records/profits is for reference only. So take decision whether you want to copy that trade or not. But it is generally suggested to ignore such trades and not copy them. As a subscriber, you have to decide. 

When there is a symbol mismatch it would be useful to have the possibility to decide to subscribe anyway to the signal without trading that symbol while still trading the others.

For example some brokers use GOLD, other XAUUSD: this can lead to the impossibility to subsribe. 

Or maybe MetaQuotes can add a mapping for common cases like gold and silver.

axelfoley:

When there is a symbol mismatch it would be useful to have the possibility to decide to subscribe anyway to the signal without trading that symbol while still trading the others.

For example some brokers use GOLD, other XAUUSD: this can lead to the impossibility to subsribe. 

Or maybe MetaQuotes can add a mapping for common cases like gold and silver.

You have to write to ServiceDesk to make this suggestion.
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

how to get virtual money from signals ? is it automated ? your subscribe and get the virtual money ? or you need to copy manually the same buy and sell orders ? Im a novice.

--Jon 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Orders in DOM
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Orders in DOM
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Orders in DOM - Documentation on MQL5

jonano:

how to get virtual money from signals ? is it automated ? your subscribe and get the virtual money ? or you need to copy manually the same buy and sell orders ? Im a novice.

--Jon 

Please read the FAQ firstly : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/10773
Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service
Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service
  • www.mql5.com
Can I copy trades from MetaTrader 4 to MetaTrader 5 or vice versa?

angevoyageur:
Please read the FAQ firstly : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/10773

ok so signals are only statistics not robots for making money. where can I use robots for making money ? on the mql market ? if I read correctly ? what are EA ? 

--Jon 

jonano:

ok so signals are only statistics not robots for making money. where can I use robots for making money ? on the mql market ? if I read correctly ? what are EA ? 

--Jon 

EA is Expert Advisor = robot

angevoyageur:
EA is Expert Advisor = robot

merci mon ami. thanks my friend. and where should I buy or see a list of EA ? here ? Also I speak french because I am from Canada, you are from Belgium... someone here married a prince see: http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/201309/07/01-4687125-un-faste-royal-au-mariage-de-jacqueline-ariadne-desmarais.php

just for your information that we are linked :))) but thanks alot for your tips ! I appreciate very much my friend. 

Un faste royal au mariage de Jacqueline-Ariadne Desmarais | Annabelle Blais | Actualités
Un faste royal au mariage de Jacqueline-Ariadne Desmarais | Annabelle Blais | Actualités
  • www.lapresse.ca
La cathédrale Marie-Reine-du-Monde a accueilli, samedi, un mariage princier comme on en voit peu au Canada. Devant quelque 750 invités, la petite-fille de l'homme...

jonano:

merci mon ami. thanks my friend. and where should I buy or see a list of EA ? here ? Also I speak french because I am from Canada, you are from Belgium... someone here married a prince see: http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/201309/07/01-4687125-un-faste-royal-au-mariage-de-jacqueline-ariadne-desmarais.php

just for your information that we are linked :))) but thanks alot for your tips ! I appreciate very much my friend. 

Hello. You can find a lot of EA in Codebase or the Market.

angevoyageur:
Hello. You can find a lot of EA in Codebase or the Market.
angevoyageur, what EA do you use and how much do you earn per month ? This answer would exite me.
Reason: