Problem with an mql5 EA when I switch broker

I have an EA created on mql5 and for a few months I have been using it on a live account on icmarkets without problems, today I put it on another broker and I noticed that when I use it on American indicies in live market it does not works, the strange thing is that if I put it on strategy tester on the American indices the EA works.
On Forex and metals it works fine both on the strategy tester and live.
Anyone have any idea why?

FranconeBollone:
I have an EA created on mql5 and for a few months I have been using it on a live account on icmarkets without problems, today I put it on another broker and I noticed that when I use it on American indicies in live market it does not works, the strange thing is that if I put it on strategy tester on the American indices the EA works.
On Forex and metals it works fine both on the strategy tester and live.
Anyone have any idea why?

The issue with American indices might be due to broker-specific settings or restrictions. Check the following with the new broker:

1. Symbol Names: Confirm the exact symbol names for American indices match those expected by the EA. Sometimes, brokers have different naming conventions.
  2. Trading Permissions: Ensure your account is authorized to trade American indices.
  3. Market Hours: Verify the trading hours for indices, as some EAs have time restrictions.
  4. Broker Restrictions: Some brokers have specific restrictions on automated trading or certain instruments.

If issues persist, contacting the EA developer for support or the broker's customer service may provide a solution tailored to the EA's compatibility with American indices on their platform.

Jonathan Antonio Lao #:

The issue with American indices might be due to broker-specific settings or restrictions. Check the following with the new broker:

1. Symbol Names: Confirm the exact symbol names for American indices match those expected by the EA. Sometimes, brokers have different naming conventions.
  2. Trading Permissions: Ensure your account is authorized to trade American indices.
  3. Market Hours: Verify the trading hours for indices, as some EAs have time restrictions.
  4. Broker Restrictions: Some brokers have specific restrictions on automated trading or certain instruments.

If issues persist, contacting the EA developer for support or the broker's customer service may provide a solution tailored to the EA's compatibility with American indices on their platform.

How can I check the trading permissions?

..American indicies in live market it does not works..

Do you see any errors or alerts in "Experts" or "Journal" tabs on the bottom?

Hi

Always check the messages displayed in the terminal: Experts and Journal tab – there might be some important and useful information what is wrong.

Also, what do you mean that strategy “wont’ work” – is it removed from the chart directly? Or stays on the chart but it does not open any trades? What is the problem?

And you can check trading permissions and your broker restrictions, simply by contacting your broker.

Best Regards

Oleksandr Medviediev #:
Do you see any errors or alerts in "Experts" or "Journal" tabs on the bottom?
No errors are reported in the journal

Marzena Maria Szmit #:

Hi

Always check the messages displayed in the terminal: Experts and Journal tab – there might be some important and useful information what is wrong.

Also, what do you mean that strategy “wont’ work” – is it removed from the chart directly? Or stays on the chart but it does not open any trades? What is the problem?

And you can check trading permissions and your broker restrictions, simply by contacting your broker.

Best Regards

I don't see any signal of error.

The EA should start working at a specific time that can be chosen in the settings, when this time comes the EA puts on the chart some lines that represent levels of interest, if the price reaches these levels of interest then the EA verifies the condition and chose to entry or not in a trade.
When I say it doesn't work I mean that the EA remains on the chart but at the preset time it does not signal the levels of interest on the chart so it can't open trades when the price reaches these levels because there aren't levels of interest on the chart.
I hope I explained myself.

I also tried contacting the broker but they couldn't help me.

FranconeBollone #:
I don't see any signal of error.

The EA should start working at a specific time that can be chosen in the settings, when this time comes the EA puts on the chart some lines that represent levels of interest, if the price reaches these levels of interest then the EA verifies the condition and chose to entry or not in a trade.
When I say it doesn't work I mean that the EA remains on the chart but at the preset time it does not signal the levels of interest on the chart so it can't open trades when the price reaches these levels because there aren't levels of interest on the chart.
I hope I explained myself.

I also tried contacting the broker but they couldn't help me.
You should have said that in the first place….
So your only option is to discuss with the developer. Maybe the internal strategy is incompatible with the symbol you are using

Paul Anscombe #:
You should have said that in the first place….
So your only option is to discuss with the developer. Maybe the internal strategy is incompatible with the symbol you are using
I will do it , thanks.

probably because have different settings, it's a CFD broker? contact your developer

Hi

As what was mentioned above - this must be some “code” related problem – you should contact your developer to check this issue. There is probably some problem with obtaining the data or something else connected to the calculation of those levels of interest. 

Another possibility is: since your EA is waiting for this specific time - your EA might work on local time which is incompatible with your new broker time – hence it’s not activated on proper hour. Check your time settings. 

Best Regards

Reason: