Why the developers failed to make a proper tester - page 7

FreeLance:

Do you think that C++ is more reliable or productive than Java?

Or are we evaluating MT "languages"?

;)

More productive. Compiled code will always run faster than pre-compiled code. The disadvantage is that each platform needs its own C++ compiler, but this is not a problem as it is a standard language and ANSI standard is supported on all platforms. In case of Java this thankless role (platform-specific compiler) is taken by Java-machine. The code will execute a bit slower.

sllawa3:

for manual trading, of course, after mt this platform is a fairy tale !

After any MT5 platform it's a fairy tale!

VladislavVG:
More productive. Compiled code will always execute faster than pre-compiled code. The disadvantage is that each platform needs its own C++ compiler, but that's not a problem as it's a standard language and ANSI standard is supported on all platforms. In case of Java this thankless role (platform-specific compiler) is taken by Java-machine. The code will be executed a bit slower.

I apologise...

I didn't want to fight with theorists.

Let's leave the native code untouched.

There is nothing better to do with assembler.

I meant the platform and API.

;)

And "productivity" is childish - if it works everywhere, then it is "superproductive".

DDD

Sorento:
After any MT5 platform, it's a fairy tale!

mt5 is not a trading platform at all ! it is a tool for DTs to steal money from naive people with noodles from propaganda slogans

" millions lying on the couch "

sllawa3:

mt5 is not a trading platform at all ! it is a tool for DTs to steal money from naive people with noodles from propaganda slogans

"millions lying on the couch"

it's been a long time since you traded hands...

Sorento:
you haven't traded hands in a long time...
and would least like to do so in mt 5 !

ChachaGames: How can I rely on my robot being trained on "generated ticks with 25% accuracy"???

Andrey, do you seriously believe that tick history will save you? Then your system is probably based on the analysis of price movement within the minute bars - and probably built on trades within the minute bar.

This is not an area of activity that DCs approve of. Because it's a naked pipsing, with all that it implies.

But all fans of tick history, understand the most important thing: Metaquotes, very probably, has made its product according to the strict requirements of its clients, i.e. brokerage companies. This ToR obviously did not include providing the client with the exact tick history of this broker - simply because this broker is not profitable due to the specifics of the business. That's my imho.

One more thing: before you say "How can I rely on my robot", you should understand the extent to which you should trust the tester even on "the most accurate tick history" (this term makes me smile, frankly). Do you realise that the history is virtually variable (simply because tick behaviour on small TFs is a random process, and your so-called accurate tick history is just one implementation of it) - and therefore the test results should be just as variable too?

DCs have already learnt how to deal effectively with pipers by making the spread and stopgap floating. In fact this is the actual killing of the piper. But the stubborn DC piper still thinks that this is not the point, but that, you see, he is not given an accurate tick history. It is more pleasant for him to fool himself. Well, good luck fooling yourself!

The history of ticks without reference to the time of their arrival is a zero without a stick... useless pile of information ! but a second tf and separately for asc and bid would give a full coincidence of real and test history !

sllawa3:
and the last thing i would want to do is in mt 5 !

just try it...

without wanting to.

And make sure - best usability so far.

Mathemat:

Andrew, do you seriously believe that the tick history will save you? Then your system is probably based on analysing price movement within minute bars - and probably built on trades within a minute bar.

This is not an area of activity that DCs approve of. Because it's a naked pipsing, with all that it implies.

But all fans of tick history, understand the most important thing: Metaquotes, very probably, has made its product according to the strict requirements of its clients, i.e. brokerage companies. This ToR obviously did not include providing the client with the exact tick history of this broker - simply because this broker is not profitable due to the specifics of the business. This is my imho.

One more thing: before you say "How can I rely on my robot", you should understand the extent to which you should trust a tester on even "the most accurate tick history" (that term makes me smile, frankly). You do realise that the history is virtually variable (simply because tick behaviour on small TFs is a random process, and your so called accurate tick history is only one realization of it) - and hence the test results should be just as variable too?

The DTs have already learned how to effectively fight the pipers by making the spread and stopgap floating. In fact this is the actual killing of the piper. But the stubborn DC piper still thinks that this is not the point, but that, you see, he is not given an accurate tick history. It is more pleasant for him to fool himself. Well, good luck with the self-deception!

Partigenosse!

If that's the case - why the worry about pipsing?

;)

Reason: