Study1: multi-currency analysis for scalping and beyond - page 7

storm:
Well, there is no distortion in these pictures - all currencies, in the area shown, are weakening against the dollar.

This is not the case, watch closely.

If all pairs rose by 5 pips, then the last one will rise at least by a couple of pips!

Another thing that only a good broker with fast execution can do that. But this is another topic for another thread

hrenfx:

That's not it, look more closely.

What's wrong? Show me here, I can't see.

Wipe my rose-coloured glasses))

hrenfx:
Do you get your indices from this site? Do you know how they calculate them?

it says it all, have you tried reading the answers to your questions and not just asking them?

ZS: if the goal is multicurrency pips, you can choose simpler methods - I had a not bad working pipser on tick rate - but more than 2-3 pips it can't "predict"

hrenfx:

That's not true, look closely.

Eh, I'll probably not wait for an answer)))

Those screenshots you gave me as an example are just demonstrating the power of the kerry trade.

I won't bother you, I'm leaving)

IgorM:

it's all written there, have you tried not only asking questions but also reading the answers to your questions?

ZS: if the goal is multi-currency pipsing, you can choose simpler methods - I had a not bad tick rate pipser working - but more than 2-3 pips it can't "predict"

Yep, thanks. Found it:

Pity there's no justification for such calculations there.

ZS: the tickspeed pipser - perhaps in more detail?

dimeon:

If all pairs rose by 5 pips, then the last one will rise at least by a couple of pips!

That is approximately the idea I started the branch with. The only thing that history shows is that such short-term shifts do not always want to return.

storm:

Eh, I'm not going to get an answer))

Those screenshots you gave me as an example demonstrate the power of a carry trade.

Can't you see that USDJPY is going downwards, while all other majors are going in the opposite direction compared to USD and at the same distance!

What does Carry Trade have to do with it, and even on M1?!

IgorM:

It is good when, for example, GBP Index is falling and USD Index is rising, but what if they are rising together?

For scalping/pipsing my system will probably work, it only needs to detect the moment when the currency index has passed through the zero level and to look for another currency pair that has also changed its sign according to my indicator

When you make long term predictions, you should probably not use indices but banal MaAs for major currency pairs

When you do not know which one is the best, you may as well say it's good when currencies are falling (or rising)!

As for the joint/opposite motion, it is also post-facto, oops - it happened, you can see it on the chart, bang - and everything has changed. We should have traded then, in the past....

We need signals that predict the future movement with a high probability. And they should be significant, not by 3-10 points of noisy nature (there are much easier methods for scalping).

To be honest - I have not found any of those in the correlation.

P.S. Now the "bad look" type bazaars will start and it will turn out that there are plenty of those who found it right here, but none of them will certainly tell me where to look, so why bother...)

hrenfx:

Can't you see that USDJPY is going down here, while all other majors are going in the other direction relative to USD and by the same distance!

What does Carry Trade have to do with it, especially on M1?

Of course I saw it, but because of the Carry Trade USDJPY cannot be considered together with other currencies against the USD.

p.s. But it's up to you.

Reason: