Study1: multi-currency analysis for scalping and beyond - page 10

hrenfx:

The most advanced multi-currency indicator is based on a cluster approach

where can i see this advanced indicator?

Well, about turnovers, I understand that you hope to calculate the dynamics/volatility, or do you want to prove that the price moves in the direction of the accumulation of orders, i.e. behind the market?

all i have seen so far in different multicurrency indicators is that each of the 8 currencies has its own period of price-correction-price-correction, i.e. chart pattern, and this pattern has similarities in history, but each time they differ from each other, because the trade uses 2 currencies and which of them is in correction and which is in a trend impulse is visible only in history

SZZY: if your research would give at least a reference point where you could place a locking order - it would be the Grail

IgorM:

where to see this advanced indicator?

Well, about turnovers, I understand that you are hoping to calculate the dynamics/volatility?

I'm going to stop talking about turnovers, because there are not enough data sources for them.

See clusters here: one, two, three. It is not great at all, it's just not the type of indicators the idea of which is riveted on a whim. It was created with an understanding of why this is the way it is and not the other way around.

IgorM:

I didn't have a bad tick rate pipser - but it can't "predict" more than 2-3 pps

What is "tick rate"? And why did it work? Doesn't it work anymore?

I'll throw in my five cents :)

I have not read the whole thread yet, a couple of thoughts about the first post.

I would say scalping on multicurrency is not very profitable, especially because of the lack of clean (unfiltered) quotes. As an alternative - to take quotations of a more or less large provider and work with them, but also not for sure. Has not checked on < m15.

hrenfx:

I will say right away that the crosses ... is not necessary.

Look at Friday's movement of all major currencies for the Norwegian (start of the day).

I am relaxing while looking at my recent multicurrency indicator and sometimes I find some curious images. I do not know where to take them, so I decided to post them here, it's the latest topic about multicurrency indicators.

The picture is called "false start" :).

That is, everything was hanging around their average, at about 12 o'clock a Canadian started dropping in. And in two hours the whole peloton followed him, and the oil foolishly went the wrong way at first, but then corrected itself :).

To be honest I did not expect such time lags, it is interesting thing about multi-currency analysis, maybe I should have neglected it :)

Recently became interested in the cluster indicator https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1464. And the implementation of ideas for it. One of the ideas posted in the database was to find two currencies that intersect and open a position on them through USD? Of course, with a number of conditions. In the same discussion, I proposed the variant of finding the minimum and maximum currencies according to the cluster indicator and opening positions by them. I decided not to try to open positions with USD (it has its own life after all :) ). And to test the idea I decided to open a pair according to maximal and minimal currency. And to open a position the reversal should be done using IdealMA (I like it somewhere in the basement). I set TP and SL to avoid withdrawal. Probably, it may be said that this is a target for strong market moves. But in general I have got positive result. I attach the state file. I think I will continue to work in the direction of the exit.

Files:

Yeah! It's gone stale! :)

Briefly - absent. Spent some time researching the idea already in the form of the adviser I suggested at the start of the thread.

Result: nothing comprehensible. The distortions are now going away, now they are getting worse. I have not managed to notice any regularity in it.

I also added gold to the majors. I could have added anything. But gold seems to be the only one that still somehow speaks about the USD. I did not use oil and American indices.

Altogether we got 7 pairs: EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD, XAUUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, USDCAD. Obviously, the more pairs, the higher is the importance of one of them.

As a result, it appears that gold and USDJPY are mostly "skewed". A bit surprising is the frequency of the situations when all the majors walk in the same direction (correlated movements), and at the same time gold behaves in a completely different way. Let me tell you right away, I don't even know approximately the turnover in gold trading...

Sometimes I think that the majors are random fluctuations and the correlations between them are just visions. But I do not want to believe it...

Candid:

The picture is called "Falstart" :).

I have plenty of "false starts" like this, as well as plenty of reverse starts... Doesn't say anything yet.

Limon:

Recently became interested in the cluster indicator https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1464. And the implementation of ideas for it. One of the ideas posted in the database was to find two currencies that intersect and open a position on them through USD? Of course, with a number of conditions. In the same discussion, I proposed the variant of finding the minimum and maximum currencies according to the cluster indicator and opening positions by them. I decided not to try to open positions with USD (it has its own life after all :) ). And to test the idea I decided to open a pair according to maximal and minimal currency. And to open a position the reversal should be done using IdealMA (I like it somewhere in the basement). I set TP and SL to avoid withdrawal. Probably, it may be said that this is a target for strong market moves. But in general I have got positive result. I attach the state file. I think I will try to go further in the direction of the exit.

Somehow, but the result. I want to use it quickly on MT5 and test it. But I have two factors that stop me:

- Semenych ran it in his tester in the same way. It is not good.

- The multicurrency analysis on MT5 is very resource-hungry. Now the hardware does not allow (no place to put it, no repair). Otherwise I would have put it in CodeBase MQL5 a long time ago.

Reason: