Spread trading in Meta Trader - page 176

ZZZEROXXX:
I'm out of the question, I found the investment password. The trade is profitable, but the chart is not very smooth. What are the $100-700 losses associated with?

Who's the question?

To you, leonid553

Well the demo account that is announced in my branch on forum B. - is experimental. Its purpose is not so much to make profit as to check and monitor various pair, triple and other arbitrage entries in online mode. Including exotic ones. (Those drawdowns, by the way - are not caused by the paired, - and random single emotional trades).

And now with serious, thoughtful work with already proven tools in the declared tactics - for the last few months I'm getting without stress 8 -15% monthly return on the deposit! Practically without risk and stress.

For example. Today in B. ends - another month's contest (from January 31 to February 25).

I have described almost each of my trades in it in my contest thread - before I entered it ( - http://www.procapital.ru/showthread.php?t=34876). Now I have closed the last position and here is the final result of one month trading:

Gross Profit: 1,951.53

Gross Loss: 1 079.18

Total Net Profit: +872.35
Profit Factor: 1.81
Relative Drawdown: 2.69% (152.80)

Total Trades: 94 Short Positions (won %): 44 (52.27%) Long Positions (won %): 50 (48.00%)
Largest profit trade: +268.00 loss trade: -152.80
Average profit trade: +41.52 loss trade: -22.96

According to the link above (in the first post of this thread) I have posted my results and balance graph of previous monthly contests, they are almost the same. I traded mostly by arbitrage methodology.

This chart is a different story, and the maximum drawdown is pleasing. Why "quasi" arbitrage?

What else would you call it? Just "arbitration"? That would not be entirely accurate and would be too categorical.

But with the prefix "quasi" (i.e. almost), which allows for any reasonable liberties - the tactics are quite consistent with what I am describing there.

Leonid, tell me, are the starting 5000 chosen arbitrarily, or are the profit figures proportional to the deposit. That is, are the working lots chosen according to the proportions of risk, or are they arbitrarily small?

The starting 5000 is set by the conditions of the contest. In addition, there are strict regulations (under the threat of disqualification) regarding maximal allowed loss per trade (-$200), maximal current drawdown (-20%), and other points (no losing lots, real profit factor, recovery factor...). Hence we have to select the optimal position size. Usually not more than 0.05-0.1 per trade.

tough conditions, and what does it mean to have a "credible" profit factor?

ZZZEROXXXX, it's easier for you to look at the description and conditions of the competition. It's here - http://www.procapital.ru/showthread.php?t=19759 (don't take it as an advertisement).

It's all described there. The new March contest started yesterday. It's not too late to register and enter - http://www.procapital.ru/showthread.php?t=35998

Valid N/F=(Gross Profit - Largest profit trade)\Gross Loss - must be greater than one.

- In other words, if you take a huge, absurdly large lot (for example, on the UP-limit of a commodity) and accidentally close a huge profit on the opening limit - you will be definitely disqualified for such trading.

I recommend you to take part in this demo contest. A very good school of trading on commodities and equities!

let's try to get involved
Reason: