Grail. The puzzle is an interesting theme. - page 7

Fibo: This is probably one of the few EAs where the exit point is equal in importance to the entry point. Yes, an entry can be done both ways, but on one side the stoploss will steal the profit, and on the other side stoploss will hide a part of the profit. At the end there will be profit in any case, but you want the best.

The best is the enemy of the good. From my experience in financial markets I concluded that better a bird in the hand (even a small, but reliable profit), than the crane in the sky...

goldtrader:
Fibo: this is another thing, and it has already been stated. stoploss steals a significant part of profit. it is probably one of the few EAs where the exit point is equal in importance to the entry point. Yes, an entry can be done both ways, but on one side the stoploss will steal the profit, and on the other side stoploss will hide a part of the profit. In the end there will be profit in any case, but you want the best...

The best is the enemy of the good. From my experience in financial markets, I concluded that better a bird in the hand (even a small, but reliable profit), than the crane in the sky...
Here's a drebny yakybastus... It's clear that better a small take than a big elk. Therefore, I traded manually for almost a decade and stuck to the same principle. Recently I stumbled upon an opportunity to automate it - I got interested. This strategy is profitable, and it is clear. It lacks vectors (indices), though due to specifics of its writing it produces profit even with pending orders and quite good ones. If one gives a vector to the effort, the efficiency increases proportionally. This is exactly what I mean. Especially an automatic exit point is needed.

Fibo:
And how - by hard stop to breakeven + 1 pip? Then the positions will close early and I won't pick up any movement....

Let's say the price has gone to +20 pips and you modify the last order to SL=19. That way, on a reversal, you won't take the last trade to the downside and will stay with a good surplus from previous trades.

I'm posting the final version of the EA...

Principle: pending orders by trend, or Pyramid...

Added new parameters.... explanation inside the code...

What can an EA do?

1. There are 3 ways to enter the market:

-- by 2 oppositely directed orders at a certain distance from the current price... When one of the orders triggers, the remaining order is removed...

...from an open position, placing orders at a certain step ... maximum number of orders 14...

-- ...open a position at once... ... the direction is determined by looking deep into the history... from the open position, we set orders...

-- we can change the direction defined by 2 methods above...

2. Exit from the market, 3 ways:

-- Trailing Stop... at the opening of a level, we pull up the stoploss...

-- Take Profit... ...is set once when placing an order using the formula: price of the first position + KolOrder*LevelDistance*Point

-- Compulsory closing of all positions and stop trading...

3. A lot size can be assigned to each level...

test, find mistakes, criticize....

made corrections ... there were mistakes ...

Files:
grider2_2.mq4  26 kb

kharko:
Here is the final variant of the EA...

Principle: pending orders by trend, or Pyramid...

Added new parameters.... explanation inside the code...

What can an EA do?

1. There are 3 ways to enter the market:

-- by 2 oppositely directed orders at a certain distance from the current price... When one of the orders triggers, the remaining order is removed...

...from an open position, placing orders at a certain step ... maximum number of orders 14...

-- ...open a position at once... ... the direction is determined by looking deep into the history... from the open position, we set orders...

-- we can change the direction defined by 2 methods above...

2. Exit from the market, 3 ways:

-- Trailing Stop... at the opening of a level, we pull up the stoploss...

-- Take Profit... ...is set once when placing an order using the formula: price of the first position + KolOrder*LevelDistance*Point

-- Compulsory closing of all positions and stop trading...

3. A lot size can be assigned to each level...

test, find mistakes, criticize....

made corrections ... there were mistakes ...

Thank you, the EA has become more versatile, very good results.

I would like to resume the discussion, in particular, on adding indicators, preferably trend indicators, to the EA.

Fibo:

Thank you, the EA has become more versatile, very good results.

I would like to resume the discussion, in particular on adding indicators, preferably trend indicators, to the EA.

I have offered my version of market entry... the basis is there... it is absolutely free... If you have specific suggestions for improvement, please contact me in a personal message...

Discuss... an agreement is always possible...

kharko:

I have offered my version of market entry... the basis is there... absolutely free... if you have any specific suggestions on how to improve it...

Discuss... ...we can always negotiate...

Gentlemen..,

Let's bring the EA up to speed.

It is a real trading Expert Advisor.

Exit points need to be defined.

Необходимо определить точки выхода.

I don't argue - the output for this (and any other EA) is EXTREMELY important. But - have all the issues with entry points been resolved? Not at all sure. And they are much easier to determine - the Expert Advisor is 100% trend-following, and from here we do the dancing. Suppose - your suggestions in this regard, sir? :))

Installed grider2_2. But it is not working for some reason. EA is allowed to trade. It shows icon that it is active. But it does not trade. What else can I do? How do I start it?

SamMan писал (а) >>
I don't argue - the output for this (and for any other EA) is an extremely important thing. But have all questions about entry points been solved? Not sure at all. And they are much easier to determine - the Expert Advisor is 100% trend-following, hence we do the dancing. Suppose - your suggestions in this regard, sir? :))

We can leave the entry random for now, but very often the Expert Advisor is in profit (a decent one), and then suddenly it is in the red. In such a case the Expert Advisor would close "having felt" the reversal and it would be OK.

I close manually, if I see a decent profit. Although it's not so bad. But it would be better.

Reason: