Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 96

ComplexFX:
I don't need the source code of protection, I need the source code of my Expert Advisor, which is without protection, so I could use it personally without a dll, for personal trading, testing or optimization. It takes much longer with dll, I would say about 10 times longer, and there is no paid service for faster optimization in MT4, like in MT5.

so what do you want then?

If you need to test it, then order it for a test, without prior protection.

If you need protection, why are you wasting your time with this topic?

ComplexFX:
I don't need protection source code, I need the source code of my EA, which is without protection, so I could use it personally without dll, for personal trading, testing or optimization, it takes much longer with dll, I would say about 10 times longer, and there is no paid service in MT4 for faster optimization, like in MT5.

I also do expert protection through a dll and a server. and personally, as a programmer, I also refuse to give out public code for my protection,

Your assignment : protect : programmer's assignment to do the protection,

And it is inappropriate to talk about what was done in the protection, much less give the open protection code.

And besides. All program code belongs to the programmer, and it is not important whether you paid for it or not. Open code or not, the code belongs to the programmer, your idea, but the code is his.

IMHO.

And if you had put a note in the job that "you need the source code of the protection, so you can be told on a platter how the protection is done by experts - then this code would cost youat leastfour figures.

MM. If you take into account the overselling factor of the protection idea, I think a 5-digit figure would have appeared.

Maybe I'm not making myself clear? I don't need protection code of the programmer, I need the source code of the Expert Advisor, on the basis of which the protected version with the dll file was made. Something happens to the programmer who wrote it, what will I do? Will I have to order anew from another programmer? Or will I have to hack my own product to use it, is it not absurd?! I can do whatever I want with the source code - it belongs only to me, not the programmer who wrote it, since the idea of an expert is mine.

ComplexFX:
Maybe I am not expressing myself correctly? I do not need the code of protection of the programmer, I need the source code of the Expert Advisor, on the basis of which a protected version with a dll file was made. Something happens to the programmer who wrote it, what will I do? Will I have to order anew from another programmer? Or I will have to hack my own product to use it - is it not absurd?! I can do whatever I want with the source code - it belongs only to me, not the programmer who wrote it, because the idea of an expert is mine.

The idea is yours, but not the code. The programmer wrote the code, not you, you wrote the ToR.

Imagine - Windows users demanding open source - isn't that absurd?

Every programmer has his own rules of work. Personally, I always give the open code. Another programmer never gives the open code. The third one - only by agreement.

I.e., I am not against that you get your code - on the contrary, if you need it and you spoke about it in ToR, why not get it?

ComplexFX:
Maybe I'm not making myself clear? I don't need security code of the programmer, I need the source code of the Expert Advisor, on the basis of which the protected version with the dll file was made. Something happens to the programmer who wrote it, what will I do? Will I have to order anew from another programmer? Or will I have to hack my own product to use it - is it not absurd?! With source code I can do what I want - it belongs only to me, not the programmer who wrote it because the idea of an expert is mine.
So you wrote that the programmer gave you all the source code, except for protection in the last completed job. What is the problem? You have everything except the protection. In any case, you need to solve this problem with the programmer.

tol64:
So you wrote that the programmer gave you all the sources except for the protection in the last completed job. What is the problem? You have everything except the protection. In any case, you need to solve this problem with the programmer.

No, you've already gone the wrong way.

You just need to specify in the ToR: Not to resell my idea, And after the execution to give the source code, For the price of the source code can be much higher than the closed code.

tol64:
So you wrote that the programmer gave you all the source code except for the protection in the last completed job. What's the problem? You have everything except the protection. In any case, you need to solve this issue with the programmer.
He gave me an open source code, before he made the protection, after he refused, and now I am completely dependent on this programmer. Any revision or introduction to the expert of additional functions, I must apply only to him, and the programmer began to "twiddle his thumbs" with the payment for the slightest work, for example, previously for such work, I paid $ 50, and now it is worth at least $ 100. I understand there is only one way out, find another programmer, re-write the expert, protect it, and always before paying for the work, to demand after completion, the source code of my product.

Vladon:

No, you've already gone the wrong way.

You just need to specify in the ToR: Not to resell my idea, And after the execution to give the source code, For the price of the source code can be much higher than the closed code.

All in that direction. It's just you go a second time round and advise what has already been proposed at the beginning. ))

ComplexFX:
He gave me the open source code before protection, after he refused, and now I am completely dependent on this programmer. Any revision or the introduction of additional functions in expert, I must apply only to him, and the programmer began to "twiddle his thumbs" with the payment for a small job, for example, previously I paid $ 50 for such work, and now it is worth at least $ 100. I understand there is only one way out, find another programmer, re-write the expert, protect it, and always before paying for the work, to demand after its completion, the source code of my product.

Aah :-=) so there are sources before protection? what else do you want then? You have been told - no one will give open source code of protected EA, and I would not give it. And if there was a requirementto demand the source code of your product after completion.

I would have refused the task.

What else do you need then? There is the source code before the defence, so it is the same as the advisor with the defence. they should work equally well.

ComplexFX:
He gave me the open source code before he did the protection, after he refused, and now I'm completely dependent on this programmer. Any revision or the introduction of the expert of additional functions, I must refer only to him, and this programmer began to "twiddle his thumbs" to pay for the slightest work, for example, previously for such work, I paid $ 50, and now it is at least $ 100. I understand there is only one way out, find another programmer, re-write the expert, protect it, and always before paying for the work, to demand after completion, the source code of my product.

So where is the code he gave you before he made the protection? You have it, since you say you gave it to him. So it won't be so painful to switch to another programmer.

If you work through the service Jobs on this site, specify all the nuances in the TOR and everything will be easier. In the case of problems, the arbitrator will help solve.

P.S. So that's it, I'm off. And every thought is echoed in the next post. )))

Reason: