Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 483

Mike:
Thanks Alex, did as you said.
Where can i download the quote file in MT5 now ?

You wrote earlier about MT4 - the advice was for it, and MT5 has problems with the native history - quotes only from MQ, as far as I know, myself using only MT4.

"

Mike:
In
MT4(Alpari-Demo) I want to save a quote archive longer than the default (2048 candlesticks) into a file. I will delete what I have and press "Load".
Something is downloaded from MetaQuotes website and I get the following picture:

"

Hi all. I'm asking for help from those who know the tester well. At least I think the problem is with it.

The essence of my problem. I wrote a piece of program to estimate the first 7 candlesticks in the price chart. For each candlestick evaluating its type (rising, falling, dodge), the length of the candlestick body and the ratio of the shadow length to the length of the candlestick body.

All information is compiled into two-dimensional array. The program has passed kmpilation, checked the correctness of numerical calculations. I put this piece of program to test the output of candle parameters.

Minimal test interval is one day. I get 6 outputs on the hour chart, one output pernew candle. Everything is calculated correctly. BUT !!!!! After that the output stops, while there should be 24 pins.

Introduced a variable that takes into account the current number of the first candle and tried to output information starting from the 10th number. The tester does not output any printouts at all.

Please, who knows the cause of this problem, advise.

Boris.45:

Hi all. I'm asking for help from those who know the tester well. At least I think the problem is with it.

The essence of my problem. I wrote a piece of program to evaluate the first 7 candlesticks in the price chart. For each candlestick evaluating its type (rising, falling, dodge), the length of the candlestick body and the ratio of the shadow length to the length of the candlestick body.

All information is compiled into two-dimensional array. The program has passed kmpilation, checked the correctness of numerical calculations. I put this piece of program to test the output of candle parameters.

Minimal test interval is one day. I get 6 outputs on the hour chart, one output pernew candle. Everything is calculated correctly. BUT !!!!! After that the output stops, while there should be 24 pins.

Introduced a variable that takes into account the current number of the first candle and tried to output information starting from the 10th number. The tester does not output any printouts at all.

Please, who knows the cause of this problem, advise.

But they forgot to include their code.

Karputov Vladimir:
But you forgot to attach your code.
Are you referring to this piece of code?

Boris.45:
Are you referring to this piece of software?
Not a piece, but a programme that can be compiled and run in debug mode.

-Aleks-:

You wrote earlier about MT4 - the advice was for it, and MT5 has problems with the native history - quotes only from MQ, as far as I know, myself using only MT4.

"

Mike:
In
MT4(Alpari-Demo) I want to save an archive of quotes longer than the default (2048 candles) to a file. I deleted it and pressed "Load".
Something is downloaded from MetaQuotes website and I get the following picture:

"

Already understood the inaccuracy, the thing is that MetQuotes has these quotes only in MT5. I think, maybe someone wrote a device to save candlesticks from the chart to a text file ...

Mike:
Already realised the inaccuracy, the point is that Metakvot only has these quotes in MT5. I'm thinking, maybe someone wrote a device to save candlesticks from the chart to a text file ...

So what is the data for, MT4 or MT5?

-Aleks-:

So what is the data for, MT4 or MT5?

I just need quotes, to run them on another tester. If I get results then I will decide on ordering an EA for MT4 according to my algorithms.

Mike:
I just need quotes to pass them to another tester. If there will be a result, then I will decide to order an Expert Advisor for MT4 according to my algorithms.

Alpari has been providing quotes for MT4 for 10 years - try there.

Technically, all quotes can be unloaded from MT4 via F2 -> Export

Karputov Vladimir:
Не кусок, а программу, которую можно скомпилировать и прогнать в режиме отладки.

Thank you for your willingness to help. I will simplify what I have written and leave only this piece in the programme. I'll post it tomorrow.

Reason: