Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 482

Alexey Volchanskiy:

The task is and is quite simple.

When the window is changed or scrolled,OnChartEvent is called, it passes an event without parameters:

CHARTEVENT_CHART_CHANGEchart change event

If this event occurs, we determine the left and right visible bar and within these limits find all arrows in the indicator window. If found, we move it to the necessary boundary. When creating arrows, give them names such as UpArrow***** and DownArrow***** to avoid troubles related to the analysis. Then just in case, call ChartRedraw.

Alexey, have you ever tried to figure out how this "fairly simple" task would work? You're a professional programmer with a system education, while I'm self-taught at learning, applying and modifying working algorithms. I will not be able to master it, that's why I am asking questions. I have been sweating over this problem for a fortnight now. Please help me, if it is not too much trouble for you.

Leo59:
Alexey, didn't you try to estimate how this "rather simple" task will work? You are a professional programmer with system education, while I am self-taught on learning, applying and modifying working algorithms. I will not be able to master it, that's why I am asking questions. I have been sweating over this problem for a fortnight now. Please help me, if it is not too much trouble for you.

I am a radio designer by training )). That is, I was not even taught electronics (it was the bare minimum) and not programming, but how to design a box for radio equipment )). But I was pretty good at that time, I learned it myself. Then I also learned programming from scratch by myself. So, you don't need a college degree in our field). You need the desire and hard work.

On the subject. Are we writing for 4's or 5's?

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I am a radio designer by training )). That is, I was not even taught electronics (it was the bare minimum) and not programming, but how to design a box for radio equipment )). But I was pretty good at that time, I learned it myself. Then I also learned programming from scratch by myself. So, you don't need a college degree in our field). You need the desire and hard work.

On the subject. Do we write for 4 or 5?

I have a similar story. I've started to program from boredom, now I know how to program on the average level in mql and C# (for my purposes my skills are enough, of course I don't consider myself a super-professional, and I have no one to compare them with).

Sergey Basov:
I have a similar story. I started programming because of boredom, now I am able to do it on mql and C# (for my purposes my skills are enough, of course I don't consider myself a super-professional, and I have no one to compare them with).
So I say that there is nothing complicated. Just sit and hit the keys, any fool can do it. The main thing is to have a comfortable chair, or else your butt starts hurting.)

Alexey Volchanskiy:

On the subject. Do we write for 4 or 5?

Thank you Alexey!!!! for 4-))))

-Aleks-:
Forcibly erase the history archive folder and run the terminal - then load all the quotes.
Thanks for the answer, Alex, and to do no harm, where is such a folder ?

Mike:
Thanks for the reply Alex, but to do no harm, where is that folder ?
In the terminal menu, select "Open data directory".
Go to the "history" folder.

Choose a folder by the name of your account and rub

Good luck!

Alexey Volchanskiy:

The task is and is quite simple.

When the window is changed or scrolled,OnChartEvent is called, it passes an event without parameters:

CHARTEVENT_CHART_CHANGEchart change event

If this event occurs, we determine the left and right visible bar and within these limits find all arrows in the indicator window. If it is found, we move it to the desired boundary. When creating arrows, give them names such as UpArrow***** and DownArrow***** to avoid troubles related to the analysis. Then just in case, call ChartRedraw.

I thought the question was about indicator window, not about chart. I wrote it somewhere but couldn't find it. Maybe I didn't have enough patience. In general, the principle is the same, the maximum and minimum of the indicator are determined in the visible part and the necessary actions are performed in this area.

Alexey Viktorov:
I thought the question was about the indicator window, not the chart. I wrote that somewhere, but couldn't find it. Maybe I didn't have enough patience... In general, the principle is the same, the maximum and minimum of the indicator are determined in the visible part and the necessary actions are performed in this area.
The questioner wanted to redraw the chart while scrolling, whileCHARTEVENT_CHART_CHANGE occurs during any change, therefore, no additional parameters were added.

-Aleks-:
In the terminal menu, select "Open data directory".
Go to the "history" folder.

Choose a folder by the name of your account and rub

Good luck!

Thank you Alex, I have done as you told me.
Where can I download the quote file in MT5 now ?
Reason: