Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 191

fenixstorm:
Technically how? In the program itself... You mean on the story.
On what history? History is the past. And the strategy tester does not look into the future, i.e., we cannot set any marks in the future without a time machine, because the quotes have not been placed there yet. All that can be done in the future is to set pending orders.

fenixstorm:
Hi, can you tell me how to mark entry/exit points and stops on the chart in MT5 using graphical labels, to test the obtained result?
Order the programme in the Jobs section).

Reshetov:
On what history? History is the past. And the strategy tester does not look into the future, i.e. it cannot place any marks in the future without a time machine - there are no quotes there yet. All we can do in the future is to set pending orders.
For what I mean in the future, I put markers on a chart for an instrument during the last (for example, 3 months) where I opened and closed positions.

fenixstorm:
I do not need to explain why in the future, I mean in mt5 I put markers on a chart for an instrument during the last (for example, 3 months) where I opened and closed positions.

Now I understand what you wanted to say, but you explained it only in the third post.

But now I do not quite understand, why do you need to calculate the deals that you have already opened and closed in the tester? After all, if you really opened and closed deals on any account, look at the tab "History" in the terminal. You will see all the statistics, sorting, filters and other tricks (Excel has a rest).

fenixstorm:
If you want to check the symbol's position in the chart for the last (for example, 3 months) I put markers where I opened and closed positions. The program may calculate the result and output statistics using these markers, not to manually enter each deal into Excel.

Theoretically: the marks have been placed. Attach an EA to the chart. This Expert Advisor scans the chart for markers and writes the direction of the marker (buy OR sell) and the time of the marker in the file. The second Expert Advisor will be run in the Strategy Tester. The second EA reads from the file and compares times in the tester; as soon as the time is almost equal, a pending order is placed.

This is the way it is.

Reshetov:

Now I see what you meant to say, but you only explained it in the third post.

But now it's not quite clear, why do you need to calculate trades that you have already opened and closed in the tester? If you really opened and closed deals on some account, look at the "History" tab in the client terminal. You will see the full statistics, sorting, filters and other tricks (Excel has a rest).

I have no deals, I have the strategy "in my head", I want to see how it would act if I had traded with it earlier, I don't know anything about Expert Advisors, I have just started to get acquainted with them. I want to take a chart for some period, mark some points on it where I would open and close positions (according to my rules) and see the results. The question is how to make MT5 read the markers from the chart and produce statistics?

barabashkakvn:

Theoretically: the marks have been placed. Attach an EA to the chart. This Expert Advisor scans the chart for markers and writes the direction of the marker (buy OR sell) and the time of the marker in the file. The second Expert Advisor will be run in the Strategy Tester. The second EA reads from the file and compares times in the tester; as soon as the time is almost equal, a pending order is placed.

That is the way it is.

No, technically it is possible for mt5 to scan markers on the chart for the last 3 months and display the trade results? If it is possible, how can we do this, "what buttons to push"?

fenixstorm:
No advisor, is it technically possible for mt5 to scan the marks on the chart for the last say 3 months and give the result of the trade? if it is possible, how can it be done "which buttons to press"?
I would do it by myself. By hand to write the Expert Advisor.

barabashkakvn:
By yourself, by yourself. To write an EA by hand.
In order to write an EA, you need to learn mql5 and many other nuances, it would be quicker to input a spreadsheet into Excel and see what comes out.

Also, how much can/should the global variable system be exploited? Is it possible to overload something in this way, or is there a limit? For example, let's say two or more hundreds of variables (of which about half turn into input and back, depending on what piece of code requires testing) and about a dozen and a half small arrays at global level - is it a lot or a little? ^^' And what if there's two or three times more of them as you fine-tune the system? And if we shouldn't get so carried away, is there any easier way to handle data exchange between a dozen different subsystems, many of which require each other's results?
Reason: