Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 1313

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

NOT an explicit conversion. This is when you add up strings with digits, the digits are converted to string variables. You need an explicit one. and hopefully trendstep is of strings type. )))

Thanks for the clarification !!!
Now I will know

Good afternoon.

2 questions.

1. In MT5, in non-visual EA mode, stop and take levels are not displayed. Can I enable them somehow so they are displayed?

2. Because the levels of stop and take are not displayed, I try to display them on a chart using the code directly from the Expert Advisor code during testing(non-visual mode). However... The code for creating objects works properly, it gives no errors, but the objects do not appear. What may be the problem? Is it even possible to apply objects to the chart from the Expert Advisor's code, when testing it?

satorifx:

Good afternoon.

2 questions.

1. In MT5, in non-visual EA mode, stop and take levels are not displayed. Can I enable them somehow so they are displayed?

2. Because the levels of stop and take are not displayed, I try to display them on a chart using the code directly from the Expert Advisor code during testing(non-visual mode). However... The code for creating objects works properly, it gives no errors, but the objects do not appear. What may be the problem? Is it even possible to apply objects to the chart from the EA's code, when testing it?

How can you enable something if you are NOT using visual mode?
Perhaps you can rephrase your question and provide more information?

Vladimir Karputov:
How can you enable something if you are NOT using visual mode?
Perhaps you could rephrase your question and give more information?

Right-click on the "Backtest" tab in the"Strategy Tester" window and you will see "Auto Open Graph" and "Open Graph" in the menu. If "Auto Open Strategy Chart" is checked or if it is not checked but "Open Strategy Chart" is clicked, a chart window will appear after the Expert Advisor is run without visualization displaying all trades. This is the window where we would like to see take and stop levels.

And in the window of the visualizer - yes, they are drawn from the code, but this window is useless - the functionality is on the verge of fantasy - even the trend line cannot be drawn....

satorifx:

Right-click on the "Backtest" tab in the"Strategy Tester" window and you will see "Auto Open Graph" and "Open Graph" in the menu. If "Auto Open Strategy Chart" is checked or if it is not checked but "Open Strategy Chart" is clicked, a chart window will appear after testing the Expert Advisor without visualization, and all trades will be displayed in it. This is the window where we would like to see the take and stop levels.

And in the visualizer window - yes, the set points and stops drawn from the code are drawn, but this window is useless - the functionality is on the verge of fantasy - even the trend line cannot be drawn....
If it's important for you to see the graphical constructions - test in visual mode.
If the chart needs third-party indicators and objects, customize the chart and save the chart template under the name of the Expert Advisor under test or as tester.tpl

Vladimir Karputov:
If it is important for you to see the graphical drawings, then test them in visual mode.
If the chart needs third-party indicators and objects - customize the chart and save the chart template under the name of the EA being tested or under the name tester.tpl

Thank you. Understood.
But I am interested in the chart window without visualization - is it possible to draw some graphical constructions, e.g. trend lines (not in the visualizer window).
Is it possible to show take and stop levels in the chart window WITHOUT visualization?

satorifx:

Thank you. I see.
But I am interested in the chart window without visualization - is it possible to draw some graphical constructions, for example trend lines (not in the visualizer window)?
Is there a possibility to show take and stop levels in the chart window WITHOUT visualization?

Please describe your idea more precisely. The point is that if we run the test without visualization, there is NO WALL.

Vladimir Karputov:

Please make your point more precisely. The point is that if you run the test without any visualisation, there is no window at all.

satorifx:

If you right-click on the "Backtest" tab of the"Strategy Tester" window, you will see "Auto Open Chart" and "Open Chart" items in the menu. If "Auto Open Strategy Chart" is checked or if it is not checked but "Open Strategy Chart" is clicked, a chart window will appear after the Expert Advisor is run without visualization, and all trades will be displayed in it. This is the window where we would like to see take and stop levels.

satorifx:

Thank you. Understood.
But it's the graph window without visualisation that I'm interested in - can I do any graphical constructions in it, for example draw trend lines (not in the visualiser window).

If you run the test WITHOUT visualisation - there is NO window. Please read at last and understand. The word "WITHOUT" means "NONE", "NO WINDOW". If there is no window, then you cannot draw anything in the window because you have run the test WITHOUT VISUALIZATION.

Hello. Can you tell me how to pull the value of the standard deviation itself (not the quantity) from the " standard dev iation channel" indicator? And another question. When I take out the slope angle from the same indicator, it gives out the figure 3.3465456...e-312. Is it in what units?)
Reason: