Off-topic posts - page 55

I tried your method and it gives same result... buffer is still storing "ZERO".

Good day,

I bought an indicator from MQL5 and after activating 5 times, I receive message that I need to purchase new indicator because my activation is finished. After paying for  new Indicator, activation message still remain so I cannot use the Indicator. Attempt to activate always takes me back to purchase new indicator page. Kindly assist me to know how I can proceed with activation please.

Joshua Graham #:

- Time length of backtest is not too important.  It is more important to test different market conditions and see how your EA performs.  It is possible to do this in 2-5 years....maybe less.  But if you do try to tick data backtest 10 years, you have to keep in mind that spreads, liquidity, and other trading conditions could have been different 5-10 years ago from what they are now.  You must take that into account and also consider that it can change in the future as well.

- Why would someone need to use fixed lots?  Not everyone uses a fixed lot strategy.

- Mt5 does not allow for importing of 3rd party data.  mt4 can still create FXT files using Birts csv2fxt script.    you can also use Birts TDS to enable real variable spreads for backtesting with tick data precision.  So with mt5 backtest, your 'Every Tick' setting will not be precise to know exactly what occurred in the market.  It is ok to test a function is programmed correctly in most cases......but to fully test, especially to fully simulate live trading condition, you need to import your own tick data. 

Joshua Graham #:

- Time length of backtest is not too important.  It is more important to test different market conditions and see how your EA performs.  It is possible to do this in 2-5 years....maybe less.  But if you do try to tick data backtest 10 years, you have to keep in mind that spreads, liquidity, and other trading conditions could have been different 5-10 years ago from what they are now.  You must take that into account and also consider that it can change in the future as well.

- Why would someone need to use fixed lots?  Not everyone uses a fixed lot strategy.

- Mt5 does not allow for importing of 3rd party data.  mt4 can still create FXT files using Birts csv2fxt script.    you can also use Birts TDS to enable real variable spreads for backtesting with tick data precision.  So with mt5 backtest, your 'Every Tick' setting will not be precise to know exactly what occurred in the market.  It is ok to test a function is programmed correctly in most cases......but to fully test, especially to fully simulate live trading condition, you need to import your own tick data. 

Guys. I'm very new in forex trading. I've been using MT5 android version on my phone. I just downloaded the pc version and cannot find a good tutorial on how to use it. I was just fumbling with horizontal line which I added to the chart, but now I want to remove it but I don't know how to do it. Please can anyone help?

I am a new comer am i welcome on the platform?

61761145 #:
I am a new comer am i welcome on the platform?

Find Metatrader broker (there are a lot of Metatrader brokers, use google to find), and open the account according to their condition on their websites.
Try with demo first.

1. The article - MQL5.community - User Memo 

2. MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account

3. Where Do I start from?
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/212020 

4. MetaTrader 5 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual 

5. How to make a search on the forum
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/193510 

6. Find a Server by the Broker's Name: 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/214820

7. My list of brokers: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/353226/page3

Open an Account - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
Open an Account - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
Two types of accounts are available in the trading platform: demonstration (demo) and real. Demo accounts provide the opportunity to work in a...

Okechukwu Ofia #:
Guys. I'm very new in forex trading. I've been using MT5 android version on my phone. I just downloaded the pc version and cannot find a good tutorial on how to use it. I was just fumbling with horizontal line which I added to the chart, but now I want to remove it but I don't know how to do it. Please can anyone help?

Im sorry, but if you can't even figure out how to delete a horizontal line by yourself without somebody helping you then your in big trouble if you want to learn how to properly use MT5. Generally right clicking on the item is a good start...

You can also find lots of tutorials on youtube, but generally it shouldn't be necessary to look up how to delete a horizontal line. Since that should be pretty self explanatory.

I have trying to buy and it's not letting me,what am I gonna do now 

glory2018 #:
I have trying to buy and it's not letting me,what am I gonna do now 

Buy what, where?

Reason: