Signal Transmitter/Receiver! - page 4

Neo:
I've tried running the "TestSignal" utilities on two seperate machines but get errors on both.

One is running Vista Ultimate (my laptop) and the other is running Windows 2003 Server x64 (my VPS).

I've tried the obvious stuff like adjusting the DEP setting but no matter what I do, I keep getting this error message on the Experts tab:

TestSignalTransmitter GBPUSD,H1: cannot load library 'TradeSwitch.dll' (error 126)

Someone else has run into this issue with a different DLL and posted the question on the MetaTrader4.com forum. Slawa gave the following answer:

"126 is operating system error and documented in the MSDN (Platform SDK - Win32 API - Reference - Error Codes - Win32 Error Codes)

===

126 The specified module could not be found. ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND

===

some component may be unavailable"

Hopefully this will help identify the cause of the problem as I'd really like to use this system.

Neo

The TradeSwitch.dll is built on Win32 platform and works only on 32bits Operating Systems. I will eventually see if I can build it on x64 platform for 64bits operating systems (=server operating system)

Jeff

64bits TradeSwitch.dll

Just built the 64bit version of TradeSwitch.DLL for server operating systems.

Hope this helps...

Jeff

Files:
tradeswitch.zip  32 kb

Thanks for trying but it's still giving the same error

As I thought it was an issue related to Windows Server 2003 (x64), I ordered a new VPS this morning running Windows Server 2003 (x32) but that also has the same problem so I really don't know what else to do now.

I spent several hours last night checking through posts around the web and ran Depends.exe to see what I could discover. It reported that msjava.dll & msvcr80.dll were missing. I managed to track down the 32bit versions of both files and the 64bit version of msvcr80.dll and I've now tried all combinations of both files, including placing them in the "libraries" folder, the "windows\system" folder and also the "windows\system32" folder - nothing makes any difference... the test EAs throw 250 characters)" class="linkator">error 126 as soon as MT4 tries to access the TradeSwitch dll.

Neo

Ok... found the solution!

...need to install .net 2.0

All working fine now

Neo:
Ok... found the solution!

...need to install .net 2.0

All working fine now

Well, good thing to know...

Thanks for your efforts!

Jeff

Can the Trade Copier Run with Another EA?

Hi, I am wondering if the Trade Copier will copy the trades generated by an existing EA running on the platform or will it only copy trades placed manually in MT4. thanks

fxadvisory:
Hi, I am wondering if the Trade Copier will copy the trades generated by an existing EA running on the platform or will it only copy trades placed manually in MT4. thanks

Market is closed to test it again but I remember my last experience with this one was with some Ea and worked fine.

Anyway, my memory could be failing

Copier not responding on VPS at SWVPS

Greetings,

I installed all the files on 2 platforms for Trade Copier exactly as described but the second platform never responded to trade activity. My two IBFX MT4 demo platforms were running on a Win2K VPS machine at SWVPS.

Would anyone have any feedback on common issues with non-functionality?

thanks

fxadvisory:
Greetings,

I installed all the files on 2 platforms for Trade Copier exactly as described but the second platform never responded to trade activity. My two IBFX MT4 demo platforms were running on a Win2K VPS machine at SWVPS.

Would anyone have any feedback on common issues with non-functionality?

thanks

The last posted MQL files that work fine in this thread is: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178661/page2

With SendCopiedTrades you need to fill in the account number of the other MT4 instance that receives the trades.

Regards,

Jeff

eagle647:
Hi Jeff,

First of all thank you for your great EA, it works wonderfull. I've tested SendCopiedTrades EA and it works as described, there is small delay in order execution on 2nd platform (about 10 - 30 seconds), which sometimes results in different entry price (difference about 2 - 3 pips). But that is O.K., because sometimes price moves in opposite direction from entry price and you will have extra 2 - 3 pips in profit .

When I was testing SendReversedTrades EA I've noticed that on 2nd platform it executes mirrored trades as per reversed logic ( StopLoss becomes TakeProfit and Take Profit becomes StopLoss).

Example: pair GBPUSD

1st platform sell at 1.7624, TakeProfit 1.7604, StopLoss 1.7644

2nd platform buy at 1.7628, TakeProfit 1.7644, StopLoss 1.7604

So far so good. Lets say price moved to 1.7604 (this is the price we see on charts), in this case we have StopLoss on 2nd platform minus 24 pips , but on the 1st platform order is still open and it triggers to open another buy order on the 2nd platform at 1.7608 with StopLoss at 1.7604 and TakeProfit at 1.7644. And right away we have another minus 4 pips .

My question is : is it possible to add spreads into reversed trades to avoid this situation. In our example we would have:

1st platform sell at 1.7624, TakeProfit 1.7604, StopLoss 1.7644

2nd platform buy at 1.7628, TakeProfit 1.7640, StopLoss 1.7600

Thank you.

Hello,

Here is an updated EA with respect to your idea. As the market is closed at this moment, I would test it at a later moment. You can eventually test it and tell me if there are eventually bugs.

SendReversedTradesSpread.mq4 in experts folder of MT4 instance 1.

TradeCopierSpread.mq4 in experts/libraries folder of MT4 instance 1

Regards,

Jeff

Reason: