Trend Friend - page 4

my point is... why would anyone want to share ideas if they are treated this way at the end after they have shared their idea?

indicator and copyright aside, he seem to be pretty proud of this indicator.... at the same time saying that what i came up with is nothing special.

just imagine this: if you come up with an idea, pitched it to me, i took it and ran with it, then you checked back with me asked me how the progress was...and i dont even tell you if i have coded it like the way we've discussed and just say, here i created something with macd, moving averages, use it if you like.. i'm not going to tell you how closely it is to your idea. it's not my problem. while at the same time, i'm posting this on a technical analysis magazine with my name on it...

how would you feel?

it's like "WOW, eventhough i had SOME SORT OF contribution to this indicator (even if he coded it a little bit differently) I am being treated even worse than a regular person who just came across this indicator randomly on the forum.

all the while, he could've just said: "oh hey, i tried to code your idea, but can't really code it properly, however, i did code something very similar to it.... the macd o the indicator does this and that, the moving averages does this and that..check it out, i think you'll like it"

but no, i was treated like his doormat.

well, what other people do not allways depend on us - most important -what we do; be consistent, overcome obstacles - all indis - it's just a part of the system, work on it - come up with good strategy (system) - if idea is good, if it work good - many people wold be interested - it wold develops - go through many indis, ideas, EAs, etc. and no matter what indis it uses - you put it all together - it would be your system - bearing your name

i'm not even talking about the indicator... i dont care about it really... i can ask someone i know to try to code it properly... i dont care if he makes it public.

i simply dont like how he treats people after he is done with them. i'm talking about his character and the way he does things.

chiefraven:
i'm not even talking about the indicator... i dont care about it really... i can ask someone i know to try to code it properly... i dont care if he makes it public. i simply dont like how he treats people after he is done with them. i'm talking about his character and the way he does things.

You talk more about not getting what you want and how other people are wrong or somehow messed up when they don't give you exactly what you want, than any other person I've seen on the internet since I started using it in 1992.

nittany... i have never said that to you. and you know it. read the mirc log i posted if you need a refreshment.

i dont care if you were unable to code it exactly as i want it, but when i asked you about t he indicator, i was simply trying to find out if it was done like the way we spoke of that night..... without knowing this, even if i wanted to bash you for not coding it to my liking, it's simply impossible; afterall, one must first find out if it's coded like i wanted or not right?

so your statement is an oxymoron.

i tried and tried to ask you if this indicator i see on this forum is the one we've talked about... and i checked the moving averages, these can be changed to set to my likings like you said.... then i asked you about the MACD... and you got annoyed.... then saying that you dont need to answer to any of my questions.

when all i wanted to know was, whether or not the macd, and moving averages are coded like we've talked about.... if not, what are the changes..... what have you modified...... this way, like the other user have said: i can even make my own changes in the future to my own liking.

but your attitide was very nasty from start to finish:

"i dont have to answer a thing, i'm not a paid programmer"

"what, you can't read the buy and sell sign?"

i mean, really, if you just told me that you didn't code it like i wanted, just tell me, so first i will at least know that, second, by knowing that, i then will know what i need to do to further modify it.... but you seemed to think that i dont even deserve to know that.

=============================

put it simply, this thing can be settled with this question:

1. do i have at least a bit of contribution to this indicator, even if its' just a reminder of the power of macd and moving averages. without me asking you about this indicator, would you have created this? (this is not to say that i am seeking a name for myself, but merely a start of the second question i'm about to ask)

2.if i have at least a shred of contribution, dont you think i deserve at least a proper response from you? instead, i was being shrugged off and treated nastly.you would talk about the indicator to the people on t he forum who are simply trying to download and use your indicator, but at the same time, you dont think i deserve to get 2 seconds of your busy time.

====

notice how i did not imply anything about who is getting credit, or whether or not you coded the indicator like i wanted.

nittany1:
I've seen on the internet since I started using it in 1992.

I thought I was one of the oldest because I've started on 1996 , also Newdigital started earlier.

Fortran and Algol + 10'' floppy discs...

do you have TV back then?

Linuxser:
I thought I was one of the oldest because I've started on 1996 , also Newdigital started earlier.

you guys kidding me!! 1992 and 1996 ???!!....SO,I CAN SAY: I AM SUCH GRANDFATHER HERE..1989....but realy was NOT avilable as now..was just like i visit the moon..crazy days.

The funny thing is:till now i still have problems to log into my e-mails..

PLEASE NO COMMENTS AS: DUMP & DUMPER ..hahaha

OK...

- 1985, no AC (air conditioning) - and i still have a problem using perfocards!

ahmedazizelias:
you guys kidding me!! 1992 and 1996 ???!!....SO,I CAN SAY: I AM SUCH GRANDFATHER HERE..1989....but realy was NOT avilable as now..was just like i visit the moon..crazy days.

The funny thing is:till now i still have problems to log into my e-mails..

PLEASE NO COMMENTS AS: DUMP & DUMPER ..hahaha

My first approach was to a BBS. Do you remember BBS?

with a Commodore 64 plus modem and 1541 disk driver. It was 1985 and I was 10.

Jokes about my age are not allowed.

Btw: I won my first game contest at 1984.

Reason: