3_Level_ZZ_Semafor (indicator for MT4) - page 28

jingo_lu:
The zigzag always make me confuse,so i make this one.

Add the Fibo Retracement & Fibo Expansion to confirm the Resistance.

see below!

Ha~would GBP get the resistance??not yet!

Files:
next.jpg  98 kb

Can you build EA's or not? I got an idea based on the semafor indicator.

aklight85:
Is it possible to modify the code a bit just that they will draw a line connecting the last 2 points of 3 in the 3 level semafor as shown in the attachment?

There is the TRO_MODIFIED_VERSION that does that and much more.

Use your favorite search engine to find it.

hi does anyone have this 3lzz indicator with the dashboard...thanks

Developing an EA

tradability:
Can you build EA's or not? I got an idea based on the semafor indicator.

I would be happy to work with you on developing an EA. I have experience, but please understand most 'ideas' are flawed. Let us try and see if it works

Ajarn.Chan:
I would be happy to work with you on developing an EA. I have experience, but please understand most 'ideas' are flawed. Let us try and see if it works

Ajarn

lets work on the indicator first to see if it can be improved and only if it can then we can progress onto the EA otherwise were wasting our time and effort...

The semafor is always repainting and I tried using it to trade LIVE. It is useless unless it is used as a backup indicator but see if you can create an indicator out of it to trade off the numbers 1 or 2 if looking back to see that the last 3 appearing was on the same level as the 1 or 2 that occured. i.e if a low 1 or 2 occurs then we look for the previous 3 that occured to be a low as well. Similarly for the upper numbers etc.

This indicator you will have to create will need to be a non static one since it can't store the current value and then use it to make comparing. The reason for this is that its a repainting indicator.

We will need one other supporting indicator but we shall discuss this when we get this indicator sorted first.

Let me know if this is unlear.

Thanks

I have found that there is no problem with repainting indicators as long as they are not used as a trigger to enter trades i use 3 level semafor but i use other simple indicators as my trigger to enter a trade

In my view a repainting indicator is only giving you a heads up you should use other indicators as your trigger to enter trades

the indicator is not useless if it is traded correctly and with knowledge of how it works

wolf23:
I have found that there is no problem with repainting indicators as long as they are not used as a trigger to enter trades i use 3 level semafor but i use other simple indicators as my trigger to enter a trade

In my view a repainting indicator is only giving you a heads up you should use other indicators as your trigger to enter trades

the indicator is not useless if it is traded correctly and with knowledge of how it works

A repainting indicator is absolutely useless. You might as well watch the price because thats all it does follow price. It doesn't give heads up or down lol. watch the price and when you see the price turn put a 3 on your chart and your as good as semafor. Try using divergence properly. I have yet to see a proper description of divergence' there's always some part missing.

i use other simple indicators as my trigger to enter a trade

wolf23:

Care to explain further ? I have been experimenting with 3ZZ, ZUP, korHarmonics, 54_search_patterns etc ad infinitum. I would dearly love to know how to 'trade correctly'

re. developing a system

tradability:
Ajarn

lets work on the indicator first to see if it can be improved and only if it can then we can progress onto the EA otherwise were wasting our time and effort...

The semafor is always repainting and I tried using it to trade LIVE. It is useless unless it is used as a backup indicator but see if you can create an indicator out of it to trade off the numbers 1 or 2 if looking back to see that the last 3 appearing was on the same level as the 1 or 2 that occured. i.e if a low 1 or 2 occurs then we look for the previous 3 that occured to be a low as well. Similarly for the upper numbers etc.

This indicator you will have to create will need to be a non static one since it can't store the current value and then use it to make comparing. The reason for this is that its a repainting indicator.

We will need one other supporting indicator but we shall discuss this when we get this indicator sorted first.

Let me know if this is unlear.

Thanks

I shall try to develop something based on your idea. I think I understand your logic, but feel free to expand on it more if you can. As a programmer I am used to creating working solutions, but truly getting inside the mind of the 'client' is very often the hardest part, and sometimes impossible.

I can 'encode' anything that can be described in a logical step by step fashion, however the effects of the real time nature of Forex, and the Metatrader environment, are complex and can easily lead to errors.

Anybody with good ideas PLEASE share them. There is a great deal of scope for co-operation here and the more insights we can all contribute the better. I promise to share anything I learn that actually works !!

I have been working on this for a while and modified 3ZZ and other similar indicators to create external history files, which I then study using external software I write using Delphi. Metatrader is a wonderful achievement, and capable of a great deal, but being able to confirm, or refute, the results externally increases my personal confidence factor exponentially.

Reason: