Elite indicators :) - page 692

traderdp:
mladen,

thanks so much for the quick reply,

Actually I really want and need is the standard no frills Bollinger Bands applied to Median Price (HL/2).

Can you create that one?

thanks so much for all your efforts and help always.

traderdp

David

David

A very simple Bollinger band indicator (effectively it has 4 lines of code, all the rest is just preparation and declarations) that does exactly what you are looking for

mladen:
David A very simple Bollinger band indicator (effectively it has 4 lines of code, all the rest is just preparation and declarations) that does exactly what you are looking for

mladen,

Thank you so much. It works exactly as I had hoped.

Sometimes simple works really well.

traderdp

David

Advanced ADX - 2 alerts from here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general upgraded to be compatible with new mt4 builds.

Halvard

Here you go
PS: the only thing that is kept from the original is the name. PPS: at the request of Halvard, added the possibility to have the 2 alerts simultaneously. Parameters (in the "2 alerts" version) are now the following
alertsOnLevelCross- for level crossing alerts

alertsOnTrendChange- for trend (color) change alerts

regards

Mladen

halvardu:
Hi Mladen!

Can you please make a alert on this indicator? I would really like it to alert when it changes color or it crosses the 20 level (can be adjustable). Would be great if you can add alert and email option?.

Hope you can help?

Best regards

Halvard

ps) upgraded version of the alerts version made compatible with new mt4 posted here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

mladen:
Is that the place where corridor ssa become something else (name wise)?

Smoothing it is rather simple : adding extra bars (splitting 1 bar into more smaller change bars and that can even be controled by any other smoothing algo too to make arbitrary steps for breaking up the steps) and using filtered prices, but right now, as I told at one post, I am not going to work on renko

I have some ideas that will change the way how renko works compared to anything existing in the mq world (at least to anything I have seen so far) but that will be done when this mess is cleaned up to the extent that we can tell : OK, now there might be exceptions, but those will be managed easily. Till then, I think that it is just fair to all that we make this transition as effortless as we can.

PS: what is sure - the new renko will not be available in a source form. I have had it regarding some things, and not all will be available in a source form any more. Taking into consideration what can be achieved in a simple 3 line code, some of my dear friends selling stuff that I wrote are up to some surprises

Mladen

Yes its your old "corridor ssa" reworked to not change as fast (1 candle) or as sensitive which makes it erratic but then its an ssa. If I could just get some control as to how far back it paints or when it paints (see item #3, Please Henderson or Corridor).

item #2-I'm old ,I may not have 2 years. So looking at the code line 107 of your indicator " !MTH Renko Chart Builder indic Ver 02".

if (Close>= StartingPrice)

{

PrevLow1 = NormalizeDouble(BoxOffset1*Point + MathFloor((Close-StartingPrice)/BoxPoints1)*BoxPoints1 + StartingPrice, Digits);

}

Where does the averaging snip belong or do I need to hire a programmer?? Kiads says he doesn't have the time

item #1- Please re-visit the question!

item #2- Please re-visit!

1, I have a renko that averages called "flip Renko" but it doubles the reversal on the flip which kills the EA reaction to the reversal (8pip renko reverses to 16 pip change).

2. Problem-see above. Solution- a. early out before the flip using a semi controlled re-paint, is that even possible????; b. smooth the non flip renko.

As you can see I'm fishing here for some kind of help, any kind.

Thank you

Ray

PS: the probable solution for what you looking for is in the BoxShiftPercent parameter. Here is an example of a renko chart with the box shift percent set to 10%. Taking into account your coding experience it will not be too dificult to find where the BoxShiftPercent parameters is applied and how are such charts produced

Files:
renko_10.gif  73 kb

traderduke:
Mladen

Yes its your old "corridor ssa" reworked to not change as fast (1 candle) or as sensitive which makes it erratic but then its an ssa. If I could just get some control as to how far back it paints or when it paints (see item #3, Please Henderson or Corridor).

item #2-I'm old ,I may not have 2 years. So looking at the code line 107 of your indicator " !MTH Renko Chart Builder indic Ver 02".

if (Close>= StartingPrice)

{

PrevLow1 = NormalizeDouble(BoxOffset1*Point + MathFloor((Close-StartingPrice)/BoxPoints1)*BoxPoints1 + StartingPrice, Digits);

}

Where does the averaging snip belong or do I need to hire a programmer?? Kiads says he doesn't have the time

item #1- Please re-visit the question!

item #2- Please re-visit!

1, I have a renko that averages called "flip Renko" but it doubles the reversal on the flip which kills the EA reaction to the reversal (8pip renko reverses to 16 pip change).

2. Problem-see above. Solution- a. early out before the flip using a semi controlled re-paint, is that even possible????; b. smooth the non flip renko.

As you can see I'm fishing here for some kind of help, any kind.

Thank you

Ray

Ray

MTH Renko Chart Builder indicator is not my indicator. As far as I see, someone made some first version and then it was copied, pasted, changed, all from that first initial version by anybody that wanted some renko chart (at least 90% of code of all renko chart code versions I have seen is exactly the same and obviously written by the initial coder - who was that I do not happen to know). All I helped in that version was converting to new metatrader (history file format and events)

As of SSA : if the number of calculations is > 1, then ALL THE BARS belonging to it will be recalculated, otherwise Lag bars are going to be recalculated when number of calculations is 1

As of rest : please read my previous answer regarding renko (coding it and what are my plans regarding it)

Step stochastic

Step stochastic updated to be compatible with new metatrader 4 and with some additional options that allow more control over the whole calculation (it makes it different than the original, correctly calculating step stochastic - see the two variations that depend on a single added parameter - the moving average mode): step_stochastic_nmc.mq4

Step stochastic - averages

And this is the evolution of step stochastic from above. It has an additional 16 types of averages that can be used for calculation. Some types are going to give better results,some are not. It takes some experimenting to do in order to find optimal settings (it depends on the trading style I guess - I am more a trend trader than a scalper so I tend to look for settings that are resulting in a longer period estimations - like the example bellow).

The possible averages types that can be used in this version are the :
0 = SMA
1 = EMA

2 = Double smoothed EMA

3 = Double EMA (DEMA)

4 = Triple EMA (TEMA)

5 = Smoothed MA

6 = Linear weighted MA

7 = Parabolic weighted MA

8 = Alexander MA

9 = Volume weghted MA

10 = Hull MA

11 = Triangular MA

12 = Sine weighted MA

13 = Linear regression

14 = IE/2

15 = NonLag MA

16 = Zero lag EMA

17 = Leader EMA

18 = Super smoother

19 = Smoother

step_stochastic_-_averages_nmc.mq4

Do we have this one already with alerts flying around somewhere??

If not, can we please have them added?

corridor_ssa_normalized_end-pointed_2_arrows_nmc.mq4

Reason: