Elite indicators :) - page 519

Henderson's filter slope made as histo indicator

Mladen

In post #5108 you posted the "Henderson's filter slope" made as a histo indicator. Could you please post the Henderson's filter slope indicator. I would like the indicator as it appears on the chart (as shown beow) & not as a histogram in the sub window.

Thanks

spurious

Files:

spurious,

This is the link to it (set the multi color to true and the color change will change with slope changes) : https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/87/hendersons_filter_-_multi_color_amp_mtf.mq4

And, the usual reminder about it, please keep in mind that Hederson's filter is one of the recalculating ones and that color changes should not be used in a "signaling mode"

Spurious:
Mladen

In post #5108 you posted the "Henderson's filter slope" made as a histo indicator. Could you please post the Henderson's filter slope indicator. I would like the indicator as it appears on the chart (as shown beow) & not as a histogram in the sub window.

Thanks

spurious

mladen

I'm testing this indicator/strategy in tradestation (TS) and the results look very good. It's called a "pivot reversal" in TS. I have searched all over the forex-tsd world for an indicator like it but to no avail.

The TS " SwingHigh" function is easy enough to do but it also uses the TS "pivot" function which is beyond my understanding. This strat and my Keltner strat are structured the same & they are TS provided strats. The "strength" input has unbelievable control over this indicator. TS has a "show me" indicator called Pivot high & Low which appears to have the programming steps.

The question: Is there or can you build a pivot reversal indicator in MT4??

So much for a quite afternoon

Thank for your help

Ray

Example: from the "PivotReversal" Strat

{----Long---}

if SwingHigh( 1, High, Strength, Strength + 1 ) -1 then

{ ie, if just confirmed SwHi }

begin

Setup = true ;

PivotHigh = High[Strength] ;

end

else if Setup and High >= PivotHigh + 1 point then

Setup = false ;

{ the High >= condition being true indicates that a buy must already have been

triggered at this bar so this setup has been used up and needs to be negated;

an example of a persisitent setup with an indefinite stop/limit trigger - setup

has to be negated after entry confirmed; also see Keltner Channel LE/SE and

PercentR LE/SE }

if Setup and marketposition = 0 or marketposition = -1 then

Buy ( "PivReva1LE" ) next bar at PivotHigh + 1 point stop ;

{---Short----}

if SwingLow( 1, Low, Strength, Strength + 1 ) -1 then

{ ie, if just confirmed SwLo }

begin

Setup = true ;

PivotLow = Low[Strength] ;

end

else if Setup and Low <= PivotLow - 1 point then

Setup = false ;

{ the Low <= condition being true indicates that a short must already have been

PercentR LE/SE }

if Setup and marketposition = 0 or marketposition = 1 then

Sell Short ( "PivReva1SE" ) next bar at PivotLow - 1 point stop ;

end;

Ray

In this indicator : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180079 you already have a SwingHigh() and SwingLow() functions. PivotHigh and PivotLow in the code are simply high and low of the bar where the swing happened

traderduke:
mladen

I'm testing this indicator/strategy in tradestation (TS) and the results look very good. It's called a "pivot reversal" in TS. I have searched all over the forex-tsd world for an indicator like it but to no avail.

The TS " SwingHigh" function is easy enough to do but it also uses the TS "pivot" function which is beyond my understanding. This strat and my Keltner strat are structured the same & they are TS provided strats. The "strength" input has unbelievable control over this indicator. TS has a "show me" indicator called Pivot high & Low which appears to have the programming steps.

The question: Is there or can you build a pivot reversal indicator in MT4??

So much for a quite afternoon

Thank for your help

Ray

Example: from the "PivotReversal" Strat

{----Long---}

if SwingHigh( 1, High, Strength, Strength + 1 ) -1 then

{ ie, if just confirmed SwHi }

begin

Setup = true ;

PivotHigh = High[Strength] ;

end

else if Setup and High >= PivotHigh + 1 point then

Setup = false ;

{ the High >= condition being true indicates that a buy must already have been

PercentR LE/SE }

if Setup and marketposition = 0 or marketposition = -1 then

Buy ( "PivReva1LE" ) next bar at PivotHigh + 1 point stop ;

{---Short----}

if SwingLow( 1, Low, Strength, Strength + 1 ) -1 then

{ ie, if just confirmed SwLo }

begin

Setup = true ;

PivotLow = Low[Strength] ;

end

else if Setup and Low <= PivotLow - 1 point then

Setup = false ;

{ the Low <= condition being true indicates that a short must already have been

PercentR LE/SE }

if Setup and marketposition = 0 or marketposition = 1 then

Sell Short ( "PivReva1SE" ) next bar at PivotLow - 1 point stop ;

end;

My biggest problem with it so far is that it is making money in seemingly effortless manner, and I have to hold back

Need to remind myself that the risk is there and that I should take care of the risk first

Gramski:
Hello Mladen,

Would it be possible to modify the MT5 version of the High-Low activator to an MTF version with alerts (same as the attached MT4 version)?

Many thanks,

Gramski.

(P.S this really works well on 4hr with a Lb period of 8- very much appreciated)

mladen:
My biggest problem with it so far is that it is making money in seemingly effortless manner, and I have to hold back Need to remind myself that the risk is there and that I should take care of the risk first

Mladen, don't know much about mq5 and this is maybe a stupid question, shouldn't be the same entry/exit points (high-low activator) on mt4 and mt5 platform by same broker?

That is the question I have noticed too : it seems that data for metarader 4 and metatrader 5 are "different enough" to have different turning points (not always, but from time to time). Maybe, one fine day, the metatrader guys will explain to us why it can happen but since the math within the two indicators is completely the same the question remains to hang in the air ... Noticed that same thing on some other indicators too and it seems that some basic math (or the way how data is treated) are not the same in the two platforms. Maybe that is why they are throwing out so much new builds for metatrader 4 : to "iron the differences" between the 2 platforms.

But if that is the case ("the differences") then I am afraid that I can not think of a good reason how it can happen if both use regular double precision math except for very ugly reasons ...

altoronto:
Mladen, maybe it's stupid question shouldn't be the same entry/exit points on mt4 and mt5 on same broker?

mladen:
That is the question I have noticed too : it seems that data for metarader 4 and metatrader 5 are "different enough" to have different turning points (not always, but from time to time). Maybe, one fine day, the metatrader guys will explain to us why it can happen but since the math within the two indicators is completely the same the question remains to hang in the air ... Noticed that same thing on some other indicators too and it seems that some basic math (or the way how data is treated) are not the same in the two platforms. Maybe that is why they are throwing out so much new builds for metatrader 4 : to "iron the differences" between the 2 platforms. But if that is the case ("the differences") then I am afraid that I can not think of a good reason how it can happen if both use regular double precision math except for very ugly reasons ...

Thank you for your detailed response.

mladen:
My biggest problem with it so far is that it is making money in seemingly effortless manner, and I have to hold back Need to remind myself that the risk is there and that I should take care of the risk first

Well it should be effortless *laughs*. But seriously, I understand your point and, as I said before, it does do a few odd things occasionally...i.e finding yourself fighting a trend which I'm well aware of. But on the other hand, using it as with those settings (4Hr Lb8) it does seems to give a signal somewhat akin to a daily trend (with a twist ) which is exactly what I'm looking for in a trend indicator with the intention of using 1hr OB/OS entries with some care. Risk considered, I think it will be very useful so thankyou. It's been trading well.

mladen,

can you change two things on your CCf file.

1. option to default to the pairs on the chart.

2. set up a diff line as in the chart attached.

reason for request:

Your indicator seems to be smoother & react in a more timely manner .

Thank you

Ray

Reason: