Elite indicators :) - page 413

brax64:
Hi MrTools,

hope everything fine for ya...

I need your help; from your indicator https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/165/breakout_box_trend.mq4 I did extrapolate another one to draw just the boxes, but I'm getting a problem that I'm not able to fix .

During the week days everything is working fine but, on Friday, if I have in example the starting hour after 21:59, the indicator start to draw the box always at the 21:59 candle (the last one of Friday).

So if I have a starting time at 22:30 the box should start at 22:30 Sunday and not at 21:59 of Friday. Also could you please verify if the indi behave properly in platforms that have not the Sunday data?

Thank you very much if you'll find the time to help me!

Best Regards

Brax,

See what you are talking about changed the time to 23:00 it draws the boxes like you say but on Friday still at 22:00, been looking in the code haven't nailed it down, may have to put in code something to skip Friday evenings, but still looking, about Sunday i'm with Alpari UK and working fine here. Btw very nice job, looks good on my chart, would like to hear how you trade these. Anyway still looking but may be a job more suited for Mladen, he usually has a very simple fix for something like this.

Files:
boxes.gif  36 kb

Hi MrTools,

hope that you download the correct version; the first one that I did post contain an error in the management of the breakout boxes (used if you put something > 0 in the "Breakout_offset" parameter) to be sure try to put a number in that parameter, if you get a mess re-donwload the indi please... sorry about that ...

about how to trade I use this just for indication, if it happens that those breakout are in confluence with support/resistance levels I start to watch closely price action around them, if I spot some candle pattern i try the shot.. with stop loss to the other side of the box and R:R 1:1 but only if the channel is not too wide (25, 35 pips max..)

Really thank you for trying!!!!

Knock Knock... Mladen..... have you heard that...??

mrtools:
Brax, See what you are talking about changed the time to 23:00 it draws the boxes like you say but on Friday still at 22:00, been looking in the code haven't nailed it down, may have to put in code something to skip Friday evenings, but still looking, about Sunday i'm with Alpari UK and working fine here. Btw very nice job, looks good on my chart, would like to hear how you trade these. Anyway still looking but may be a job more suited for Mladen, he usually has a very simple fix for something like this.

Best Regards

brax64:
Hi MrTools,

hope that you download the correct version; the first one that I did post contain an error in the management of the breakout boxes (used if you put something > 0 in the "Breakout_offset" parameter) to be sure try to put a number in that parameter, if you get a mess re-donwload the indi please... sorry about that ...

about how to trade I use this just for indication, if it happens that those breakout are in confluence with support/resistance levels I start to watch closely price action around them, if I spot some candle pattern i try the shot.. with stop loss to the other side of the box and R:R 1:1 but only if the channel is not too wide (25, 35 pips max..)

Really thank you for trying!!!!

Best Regards

Brax,

In the DrawTc function if you change if(TimeDayOfWeek(TradeDate) == 5) to if(DayOfWeek() == 5) you get this, now need to figure out how to stop that starting line, then it will be done

Files:
boxes2.gif  36 kb

Simple alert

Hi

i know it's only a 3EMA Cross and the Average Range is stupid with Range Bars but for me it works ...could some please make an alert for this old indicator in order to work with Range Bars?

Thank you

iinwmarrows1.mq4

Files:

This should do it

Just be careful with it : it uses one future value when looking for crosses (so the alert on current won't work as far as I see, and the alert on closed bar can change because the indicator uses that one future value)

iinwmarrows1_1.mq4
pinkkrebs1:
Hi

i know it's only a 3EMA Cross and the Average Range is stupid with Range Bars but for me it works ...could some please make an alert for this old indicator in order to work with Range Bars?

Thank you

iinwmarrows1.mq4
Files:

The beauty of different time zones Anyway : you are running into one of the "peculiarities" of metatrader and how it works with time when objects are concerned. Anyway, made some small changes. Try it out is that is what you had in mind (added the BrokerHasSundayData parameter since if the broker does not have Sunday data then the next one should not start at Sunday but at Monday). The peculiarity stands of that even if you set the time correct, metatrader will align it to the nearest bar time. See the example : time is set correctly but when you try to find the time from cursor position it will still show as if the time is set to Friday while it is obviously set to Sunday the 18th of December

boxbreakout_1.01.mq4

Files:
brax.gif  50 kb

Hi Mladen,

again your wizardry is well over the expectation, really really appreciated!!! Also great thumb up to MrTools, always kind and available...

You rock guys!!

Best Regards

mladen:
The beauty of different time zones Anyway : you are running into one of the "peculiarities" of metatrader and how it works with time when objects are concerned. Anyway, made some small changes. Try it out is that is what you had in mind (added the BrokerHasSundayData parameter since if the broker does not have Sunday data then the next one should not start at Sunday but at Monday). The peculiarity stands of that even if you set the time correct, metatrader will align it to the nearest bar time. See the example : time is set correctly but when you try to find the time from cursor position it will still show as if the time is set to Friday while it is obviously set to Sunday the 18th of December

boxbreakout_1.01.mq4

Volume Flow Indicator

hi,

i found this volume flow indicator for a few platforms but not for metatrader:

Traders Tips - June 2004

VOLUME_FLOW_INDICATOR

would it be possible to code this indicator for metatrader?

i tried to convert it but failed

thank you and best regards,

mike

Volume flow indicator ...

mike

This is the volume flow indicator (VFI) itself (converted the tradestation code from traders tips).

volume_flow_indicator.mq4

regards

Mladen

mk77ch:
hi,

i found this volume flow indicator for a few platforms but not for metatrader:

Traders Tips - June 2004

VOLUME_FLOW_INDICATOR

would it be possible to code this indicator for metatrader?

i tried to convert it but failed

thank you and best regards,

mike
Files:

thank you very much!

mladen:
mike

This is the volume flow indicator (VFI) itself (converted the tradestation code from traders tips).

volume_flow_indicator.mq4

regards

Mladen
Reason: