Elite indicators :) - page 126

AUTO TrendLines

Dear Mladen,

good day to you and all other members of the forum...

i found this interesting indicator but i got a problem...i don't know why but i cannot apply the same indicator more than one time in the same chart...

Could you please help me on this ?

So everyone will be able to have trendlines personally customized

Best regards

Doc

Files:
auto_tl.gif  32 kb
auto_tl.mq4  13 kb

Doc, here you go

Use IndicatorIDfield to make new instance of the indicator. For every new instance use unique IndicatorID

regards

mladen

Files:
auto_tl_1.mq4  12 kb

mladen:
Doc, here you go

Use IndicatorIDfield to make new instance of the indicator. For every new instance use unique IndicatorID

regards

mladen

Wow, so fast

Many many thanks Mladen...

for everyone i attached here a version with the color configurable

p.s.

for understand how does it works, you need to backtest it

Best regards

Doc

Files:

While we are at it

Noticed that there is yet another version of Schaff RSI : Schaff TCD RSI (some additional info here : Schaff TCD RSI - Advanced Indicator Manual )

The Relative Strength Index (RSI) is one of the most widely used momentum indicators in the foreign exchange markets. Instead of price as its input, the Schaff TCD RSI (STCDR) uses the Schaff Trend CD (See Schaff Trend CD). The resulting indicator has the benefit of putting the Schaff Trend CD on a scale of zero to 100, making it easier to identify potential overbought and oversold levels in a currency trend.
So, to keep it all together and to make it a complete pack, here are the :
Schaff TCD RSI

and Schaff TCD RSX

Now we are covered

mladen:
While we are at it

Noticed that there is yet another version of Schaff RSI : Schaff TCD RSI (some additional info here : Schaff TCD RSI - Advanced Indicator Manual )

So, to keep it all together and to make it a complete pack, here are the :
Schaff TCD RSI

and Schaff TCD RSX

Now we are covered

The RSX version is amazing

Thanks Mladen

Best regards

Doc

Fractal indy needed

Hello Mladen,

I'm trying to find a fractal indicator that will place the fractal arrow from a higher time frame on a lower time frame chart. Let's say we get a new fractal formed on a 1 hr chart - how can I get that 1hr fractal to display in the correct place on a 5 min chart.

There may be one around but there's no way to guess what it may be named.

Many thanks in advance and keep up your amazing work.

Louis

pipmagnet,

I think that what you are looking for is on this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page27

regards

mladen

Doc,

It is what RSX does ____________________________________

But your post reminded me of (at least) 2 more things :

1. Why should we use RSX instead of RSI
RSX solves one of the big problems of RSI fairly well : the "jumping like crazy goat" problem that RSI has - especially around the 50 line when the "strengths" are deciding at which side it will go) RSX makes a much smoother representations of the same thing, and that automatically means less false signals. Here is a comparison : dim gray - RSI, blue - RSX

It partially (and I repeat partially) solves the "flattening" problem RSI has (and for which every serious study is telling that RSI with periods over 9 is rather useless): when RSI is calculated for long periods values are tending to be around 50, and thus any "signaling" mode that looks for values different than 50 are falling apart. RSX enhances the values a bit (not much, but enough to be a bit more meaningful) Compare the RSi and RSX with periods set to 30

2. The why I am at a "clean the indicators war path" :
if we can make every indicator a bit better than the overall effect can be dramatic. 1% better performance of an indicator can mean much more than 1% in the ending result

PS: attached a shortest RSX I know of so far (not because I made it, but... ) I did not see the code of the original RSX, but knowing the way they coded CFB, I guess that this one is shorter than the original too

regards

mladen

dr.house7:
The RSX version is amazing

Thanks Mladen

Best regards

Doc
Files:
rsx_-_rsi.gif  21 kb
rsx_new.mq4  3 kb

Mladen ,

Three different RSX and three different view The top one is yours , second one is coded by unknown author, third one is Igorad version.

Some times I really like the middle one , beacuse it doesnt jump up and down in the strong trend phase and I dont know the coding reason https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980/page20 ?

Is there any reason you have not included phase ratio in your RSX calculation?

Files:
rsx.png  20 kb

Rsx

Dear Mladen,

i'm trying to use rsx new, it's really different with the normal rsi...it's awesome!

In the picture i used a Kalenzo's indy (attached) to have an ema...

Best regards

Doc

Files:
rsx.gif  18 kb
Reason: