MetaTrader 4 Build 574 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 42

Renat:

It's beta.

Upgrade of one MT4 copy on your computer means that you will upgrade all of them.

I have over 12 instances of MT4 and DEFINITELY do not want to update all of them.

Has this been fixed yet!

Robert aka MrPip

No, they will auto-update, you can only prevent it for all of them, not single ones.

MrPip:

The change in file structure is bad enough as I now need to modify install files. I also now need to change variable names in indicators, EAs and possibly scripts that might be modified because many programmers use ., _ or some other special character for better readability. From what I have read that is no longer allowed.

underscore ('_') is fine.

dot '.' is not but I tended to avoid them because it looked too much like OO syntax and confused me!

Search and replace is not too painful is it? Esp if you use a tool with regular expressions - you might be able to do them all in one hit?

ydrol:

underscore ('_') is fine.

dot '.' is not but I tended to avoid them because it looked too much like OO syntax and confused me!

Search and replace is not too painful is it? Esp if you use a tool with regular expressions - you might be able to do them all in one hit?

Glad to hear underscore is OK. Replacing Dots just takes time that I would rather spend doing new work.

Robert

forexgeeker:
No, they will auto-update, you can only prevent it for all of them, not single ones.

It was not even an update using live update. I simply followed the instructions for conneting to the server on a single instance of MT4. The FXDD version still points to FXDD as the server but is still updated to the new build

Robert

Metaquote's people, you need to re-enable the type-suggestion (not caps lock sensitive like the current) on writing internal functions, it's really help to speed up the coding, please don't ruin it. Also, please put the undo-redo button on the toolbar as it's also useful in many times. Please bring them back. Thank you

devilian1899:

Metaquote's people, you need to re-enable the type-suggestion (not caps lock sensitive like the current) on writing internal functions, it's really help to speed up the coding, please don't ruin it. Also, please put the undo-redo button on the toolbar as it's also useful in many times. Please bring them back. Thank you

You can add the undo/redo button to the toolbar :

1. Right-click on the toolbar
  2. Click Customize
  3. Find the needed buttons and add them.

angevoyageur:

You can add the undo/redo button to the toolbar :

1. Right-click on the toolbar
  2. Click Customize
  3. Find the needed buttons and add them.

Thank you.
Specifically the right click should be on any of the buttons on the toolbar.

I really hoping the auto-suggestion of the old version (509) is back, it's much easier to type it and then pick any of the suggestion rather than type it correctly by holding shift button on any uppercase. After all, it's a type-suggestion anyway.

devilian1899:

Thank you.
Specifically the right click should be on any of the buttons on the toolbar.

I really hoping the auto-suggestion of the old version (509) is back, it's much easier to type it and then pick any of the suggestion rather than type it correctly by holding shift button on any uppercase. After all, it's a type-suggestion anyway.
I agree, but it's better to ask directly to Metaquotes, by writing to ServiceDesk (on mql5.com).

you can use notepad++ and create a new mql4/5 user defined language..
Reason: