custom max - page 2

doshur:

anyone knows what's MQ formula for the various filter like balance + profit factor?

I'm new to this custom max thing and at this stage I do not want to introduce weights to the various inputs until I have a better picture of using custom max 

however with my custom max, I can rank those more effective parameters input higher then you manually filter again

There is an article written on the subject.

angevoyageur:
There is an article written on the subject.
Not much info on that article...

Hello, I am very interesting in this topic.

I am planing to develop an algorithm like this 

(profit * profit_factor) / (pow(trades, 1/8) * max_dd)

the most important is the maximum profit and minimum drawdown and equate the importance of the profit factor and all with the minimum possible trades for the best result

What do you think about it?

sorry my english 

VabRus:

Hello, I am very interesting in this topic.

I am planing to develop an algorithm like this 

(profit * profit_factor) / (pow(trades, 1/8) * max_dd)

the most important is the maximum profit and minimum drawdown and equate the importance of the profit factor and all with the minimum possible trades for the best result

What do you think about it?

sorry my english 

It depends on your requirements

for me, I'm looking into profit factor and recovery factor

so mine is profit X pf X rf 

I might have a good hint for you on how to add a second criteria to your custom results. You cannot use it in generic optimization, but it helps when doing full opt.

I work on a multi-currency EA and my custom max basically consists of 2 parts:

The Integer value of the profit of the worst performing currency.

And the decimal part represents the "steadyness" of the overall balance line.

I try to develop strategies, that are not fit to specific securities. Therefor I want to see on the first look, if some securities don't work at all.

Secondly, I don't want a strategy, that creates all its performance in one short period of time, and does nothing for the next 3 years. So I put some kind of slope paramter behind the decimal point (come on, whether my strategy made 1000 USD or 1000.8 USD is simply irrelevant...)

Those two values are probably of little use to most of you. But maybe some find the second value hidden in the fraction valuable.

Clock

Clock:

I might have a good hint for you on how to add a second criteria to your custom results. You cannot use it in generic optimization, but it helps when doing full opt.

I work on a multi-currency EA and my custom max basically consists of 2 parts:

The Integer value of the profit of the worst performing currency.

And the decimal part represents the "steadyness" of the overall balance line.

I try to develop strategies, that are not fit to specific securities. Therefor I want to see on the first look, if some securities don't work at all.

Secondly, I don't want a strategy, that creates all its performance in one short period of time, and does nothing for the next 3 years. So I put some kind of slope paramter behind the decimal point (come on, whether my strategy made 1000 USD or 1000.8 USD is simply irrelevant...)

Those two values are probably of little use to most of you. But maybe some find the second value hidden in the fraction valuable.

Clock

sounds interesting

I've been using this algorithm several months with very good results, I think a formula with many parameters is not good.

param = 100-((max_dd * 100)/profit) 

Now I want to try different equations and compare

VabRus:

I've been using this algorithm several months with very good results, I think a formula with many parameters is not good.

param = 100-((max_dd * 100)/profit) 

Now I want to try different equations and compare

Your focus is on max draw down?

doshur:
Your focus is on max draw down?

YES, the algorithm is similar to recovery factor but not is the same

I've checked that found better results.

The result is the real max DD % about final profit. 

Reason: