General - page 721

If this code is correct, then I think Output should be: 1, 2. Not: 1, 2, 4, 5. And the while loop would go on forever with count always == 3, because continue; would skip both lines 6 and 7. If the book is right and I am wrong, then what do I not understand here? Thanks. 1. int count = 1;2. 3....
Hi, Is it possible to call a strategy optimization from a script? That way I could theoretically call 1 optimization, write the results in a file, then call another, or multiple, without any manual intervention. Is this possible?
Hello, My broker use only MT4, but I use MT5 and all my code in mql5. is it possible to make a connection between my mql5 code and my broker MT4 platform?
Is there a Base and quote currency reference?
Hi, anybody knows why every time I change the value of Stop Loss and Start, the Step and Stop will automatically change from 0 to other figures?  what is the impact on testing? what's their function? appreciate your reply
is it possible to export it with max pullback / high low during trades? google and search here did not help :( THANKS A LOT
Scenario: 2 separate brokers who both have a NASDAQ100 index. When I calculate Lot value in USD (base currency), Broker 2 is 100X greater than Broker 1. The Calculation: double GetLotValue(string symbol, const double lotSize, double& pointValue, double& pipValue){        double contract =...
I just installed new mt5 on my desktop with windows10 os.But the strategy tester has only testing function, no optimization function. Could anyone tell me why? Thx
I have a problem with this History Center. I have tried to use the Strategy Tester and it doesn't work correctly, because the EA is applied only for the last year. I know I have to download the history data for 2019, but I don't know how to do it. I have tried to find the History Center on the...
Hi,  When I open up MT4 and look at the symbols, there are a bunch of folders (assume downloaded from the broker) named as follows : I want to get rid of these folders and create my own symbol collections under new folders with meaningful names.  I know how to to hide symbols but I would like to be...
I have installed the Meta Trader on my pc, but I have trouble in setting it up. In the pip my system, it has been mentioned to do the following 4hr. Chart Settings: 5 EMA applied to the close 10 EMA applied to the close Stochastics (10,3,3) (Use slow and simple settings) RSI (9) (Simple) When I...
Guys, for those of you who are using automated trading , which platform is better. MT4 or MT5, and why? I have read that the main differences between the 2 platforms are MT5 are able to trade indices, futures and indexes whereas MT4 cant. Also MT5 had more timeframes. But in terms of program
Hi Everyone, I have an issue and trying from 5 to 6 days to solve it, But still can't solved it. First of all i don't auto-trade, i have designed a system to guide the user and generate automated Buy and Sell signal on the chart. So whenever a Buy/Sell signal is generated i want...
I want a simple expert to modify the Take profit for an open orders .  Thank you 
Hello, I have an array of 200 candlesticks for EUR/USD 1hr chart. How can I detect breaches using mql5 ? Please help
MY MT5 strategy tester does not display the option /tab of optimization. Are there any settings which I am missing?
Hi, i need a way to open a trade automatically once the pending order is executed. For example, i opened a pending order (Buy Stop) on EURUSD @ 1.1280. once the price reach and order executed i want another order (Sell Stop) to be opened automatically. Any ideas?
Hi Everyone, I have an issue and trying from 3 to 4 days to solve it, But still can't solved it. I am not able to hold/capture the price on which our signal is generated or where my entry condition is true. for example if today i got the signal of buying and  i capture it by "ASK" price code...
The first time I meet with the administrator that without contact without a word removed the topic because he criticizes the program
Hello everyone, the Max timeframe that we get in MT4 in hours is 4 hrs candle.  is there any possibility that i can get 8 hour candle?
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to run a backtest with multiple EAs operating on different currency pairs and charts simultaneously. It would be really nice to be able to see how EAs can interact together. If this cannot already be done, it would be nice to see a move to introduce the...
Just wondering whats going on with Mql5 support these days. Their support is so messed up right now. I can remember how Mql5 service desk support was easy to access before but now i can say they are pretty much asleep. I have opened a ticket for a financial issue i've been having on my account for
Disappointed - contacted the desk, no answer yet.  Any solution guys?  Appreciate,  Dan
I contacted support to request a refund and also provided screen capture of the errors code and another screen for the vendor chat with no response. The MQL Customer service Directed me to ask here, what are my options 
Hello, I would like to know how can I treat a parameter from metatrader 4 platform definition instead of treat the error. In the MetaTrader 4 we have a parameter that can set up the EA only to work with Long or Short positions, or the both. Well, I would like to treat this parameter in my code to
Hello Although i didn't do anything to delete or load any scripts into the mt4 program, the timeframe tool bar disappeared after i have closed the software. I've tried reinstall, and reboot my computer, but nothing helped the View>toolbar>timeframe remain ticked but i just dont see it anywhere,...
Say it has input like this in EA preset input string  BL="L1,L2,L3,L4"; how do I process this input into a string array like? BLS=(L1,L2,L3,L4); Thanks in advance.
  Bar width  (4)
I would like a bar width in between these two sizes can someone make a indicator for this ?
I tried to export ticks data using Python and I got the data, but I don't identify what does 2, 4, 6, 312, 344, 376 flag codes means
I know we can launch the terminal through command line using a config file as argument in order to automatically start Strategy Tester and automate the testing process.  But what if I need to do this several times, testing the EA with different SET files? Do I have to launch and close the...