General - page 1691

[Deleted]
Helloo...it's me I need a generic Breakout EA (we all could use this, I believe). Is there any kind coder that might be interested to make this EA?...I know that many will use it for years to come in the labrynth of BO methods out there. This EA could be with the following "open-architecture" where
  weekend testing  (4)
I need to test mt4 on weekends, does anyone know how? Any demo servers which are still working on weekends?
  Server Spy?  (1)
Hi I was wondering, can a broker that is running metatrader server somehow see the code that your expert advisor is running on his server?
Hi, Assuming that I can get the bank quotes from our database is there a way to convert the text/csv to hst? Thanks,
Many fund managers lost big money recently because they did not follow their trading strategies . Can clients take legal actions against them to get back their money? Have any one done that and the results? Thanks
Hi folks, The task I want to complete is to get the credit of all orders opened by my EA. Not the total for the account, which you can get by calling AccountCredit(). I couldn't find any easy way, so I wrote in, my opinion, rather complex code for the matter. Here it is: //Gets the credit of all...
Ricentry I faced this problem in Navigator pane of MT 4 Built 211. Dropping an custom indicator on the chart I've got: Cannot open file 'E:\Programs\tools\4x\MetaTrader\experts\indicators\customIndicator.ex4' on the EURUSD,M5 And that's correct - because I deleted it. The problem: * File exists...
  Help with EA!  (16   1 2)
Hello, I have this EA that somebody was kind enough to put together but the only problem i have with it is that I can't shut it down without it having to reset. In other words, I am in a trade and, let say, my computer crashes. Now I bring up my charts and my EA starts all over again and now I...
  [REQ] Polynomial Regression  (36   1 2 3 4)
Hi! It would be nice to have a polynomial regression indicator in metatrader. The idea is pretty simple, just like in a simple linear regression, we use the Least Squares method to fit a polynomial instead of the line function. Simple Linear Regression = b1 + b2 * x Polynomial Regression = b1 + b2 *...
i'm checking to see if there's no open trade at the same level (level is not price, just an int) using the magic number. is there any case this shouldn't work that i didn't think of? i'm getting multiple trades at the same level, so i believe the problem is in this code section. help is much
  2 indicators  (4)
that i lost when my computer crashed And now i cant find them One was with arrows big i think one of the arrows was white and they was on the screen on the bars above or below the bars depending if it was a buy or sell signal. The other indicator was like a moving avereage or something when it...
Would like to get something programed into MetaTrader. A friend of mine has a pretty good method, but would like to have it automated. If your willing to do this for free and code it into a trading bot, let me know.
[Deleted]
  Forex is Living Organism?  (17   1 2)
Is forex a sort of a living organism? I opened long position on 16 January at 1.9565 with a stop loss at 1.9535 (GBP/USD). The pair went down trigerring my stop-loss and immediately went up. So, the trade was missed. Today I went short on EUR/USD at 1.4825. The price went down in my favour and I put...
I have been searching for something that will summarize in realtime my current cummulative position in any given pair. I found a plug-in that does exactly what I was looking for. It shows the metatrader user the various pairs he is currently in. It sums up the various trades within one pair,...
Hello all, I am looking for someone that can code me a relatively simple EA. Every hour two pending orders are set 4 pips from the open price When one order is activated the other gets cancelled The target profit is 7 pips, with a 6 pip stop loss. Thats pretty much it every hour, and repeat.... I...
Please i dont know if a kind-hearted forum member can help me program an EA that will place trades using parabolic SAR only with option of traling stop The EA will close trades when the Parabolic is breached ( NO stoploss) orstoploss can be placed where it cannot be hit unless parabolic is
[Deleted]
  Simple ADTR indicator  (40   1 2 3 4)
Hi all, Thought I would make a simple contribution here for newbies. This is a simple average daily trading range pip indicator (mq4 attached) that displays todays pips so far and the last X days average total of pips moved. X being definable by the user. It's nothing spectacular but I thought new...
Sorry if this has been posted before but I did not find anything after searching. Is it possible to create indicators similar to the strategy tester report that shows historical accountbalance, equity, freeEquity, etc. in a graphical format on the chart? It would be helpful to me to be able to...
MT4 Coding HELP!!!! Pulling my hair out!!! (what little I have) Trying to develop a routine that will determine what the top of the next hour is (in back testing). EXAMPLE: If a trade exits at 21:03 I want to trigger another trade to be entered at the top of the next hour (22:00). The normal...
Hello, I use the 1 min Chart in Strategietestermodus to calculate bigger timeframes, but at the start from the run there are not enough Bars in the chart, in the 1 min history are datas till 2004 and when I start a test betwen 2006 and 2007 I want to have all historyvalues to get, can I set that the...
  Help  (4)
Hi everybody , my name is Jonh William , i new to forex , but very interested , i was surfing on the net and found this EA the seller says and the testimonials says that is realy good , does anyone tested this EA on a live acount ? Please say something im thinking on buying it thanks Jonh
Hi all, Sorry if this has already been answered, but I am looking for a function in MT4 that is similar to the MRO (Most Recent Occurence) function that exists in TradeStation. I'm trying to migrate some of my systems from TS to MT4, and really need to have this function - the MRO function. Can...
Can some one explain the QQE indicator??? I am new to it and want to see what is its basis? what makes up the indicator.... if you can assist that would be great anyone trading with success? thanks
  Print()  (3)
Working from indicator, not working from expert, not working from include.
  Howdy  (2)
Found this site through a friend & just wanted to say howdy.
Hello everybody! This is my first post here . Could anybody transfer this EasyLanguage code to Mql4? I´m still struggling with the basics of mql4 programming. . I attached the article containing the code and I think it´s a powerful tool. Regards
Dear MT4 team, 1. In the Navigator tab (in Terminal), EA's icons appear grey if their are not compiled (I mean, theire contain errors). Please, could you do the same for indicators and scripts icons? 2. A little UI visual "bug": In the Navigator tab (in Terminal), a black shadow appears around...
  Expiration  (23   1 2 3)
How do I code the expiration for my pending Orders? i.e., OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,0.1,Ask,25,Ask-50*Point,Ask+50*Point,"",0,Expiration, Green);[/PHP]What do I set in the [PHP]Expiration to make my pending Orders Delete in 1 hour?
Hi, I would like to program larger bars (or smaller price range...) in a chart. Something like 2 to 10 bars per chart setting. The Zoom In buttons unfortunately doesn't go far enough. In the Common Chart Properties I can change the Scale settings to Fixed Maximum and Fixed Minimum. However I do want...
Hi, I´m coding my system,and I´m having some problems trying to limit the number of open orders for each bar. In my system, the decision is made in the opening of a new bar, and if the conditions aren´t perfect, the EA should only reanalyse in the opening of next bar. I´ve tryed Volume[0] > 10,...