disable trading

Hi everyone , 

I trade using a trade assistant EA and wondered if it is possible to restrict trading on my account / EA once 1 position is opened not allowing me to open further positions until it is closed ?

Kind regards 

Modify the code.

hi william thanks for coming back to me unfortunately the TA I use is from the mql5 market and I would have no idea how to modify the code for it

paulward4: I trade using a trade assistant EA and wondered if it is possible to restrict trading on my account / EA once 1 position is opened not allowing me to open further positions until it is closed ?
Yes! It is a very old and secret technique used by seasoned traders—it is called "discipline".

Fernando Carreiro #:
Yes! It is a very old and secret technique used by seasoned traders—it is called "discipline".

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Manually, should, unless the EA is expecting to close the position... If closing the position is based on T/P - S/L already set up since the position was opened... once the position is opened you can disconnect the EA not allowing to trade in the same chart, or throught the Main Menu Expert Advisors Pannel which would affect to all the EAs in the same metratrader

But I would recommend you to evaluate the EA becuase if there is no limit on positions opened in the parameters, probably the EA sucess is based on that strategy... probably even edging... there are plenty of EAs in the market, more than probably you'll find one which fits better on your investment profile

Reason: