Hiding True Identity

Hello Guys

Unverified  profiles have the ability to choose  or change their  first and last name to any random or preferred nickname at any time; keeping their true identity hidden as desired by some (or most) people. But why verified profiles are obliged to disclose their true identity to public? I mean is it necessary? While administration has got required documents to verify their identity, isn't that better to leave it to owner of profiles whether they want to keep their identity disclosed or undisclosed publicly? or if it's really required to be so, please help me find out why.

Thanks 

z3d:

Hello Guys

Unverified  profiles have the ability to choose  or change their  first and last name to any random or preferred nickname at any time; keeping their true identity hidden as desired by some (or most) people. But why verified profiles are obliged to disclose their true identity to public? I mean is it necessary? While administration has got required documents to verify their identity, isn't that better to leave it to owner of profiles whether they want to keep their identity disclosed or undisclosed publicly? or if it's really required to be so, please help me find out why.

Thanks 

Hi. This is the sort of thing that will be need to be addressed to admins through the Service Desk (link in left hand menu of your profile page)

Filter:
Hi. This is the sort of thing that will be need to be addressed to admins through the Service Desk (link in left hand menu of your profile page)

Yes but first it's good to hear from other people how they think about this :)

If it's only me, probably  they won't do anything about it.

z3d:

Hello Guys

Thanks 

As I remember, I only have to write my real name here and some contact Facebook and other social media.... Is it dangerous for sharing these personal info?

widhie75:
As I remember, I only have to write my real name here and some contact Facebook and other social media.... Is it dangerous for sharing these personal info?

Not sure if we can call this dangerous. I was just thinking about having the ability of keeping unnecessary information private. 

Anyway, after about 24 hours being on board, as this topic didn't get many attentions, I assume people are comfortable at the way it is. So let's forget about it ;)

But I think MetaQuotes should let those who like to keep their identity private, be able to. Unless it is really necessary.

Good Luck 

z3d:

Not sure if we can call this dangerous. I was just thinking about having the ability of keeping unnecessary information private. 

Anyway, after about 24 hours being on board, as this topic didn't get many attentions, I assume people are comfortable at the way it is. So let's forget about it ;)

But I think MetaQuotes should let those who like to keep their identity private, be able to. Unless it is really necessary.

Good Luck 

I do not think everyone is comfortable with the real name being on public display. I cancelled my seller status here after I realized that googling my name returns the mql5 profile with high score.

Ovo:
I do not think everyone is comfortable with the real name being on public display. I cancelled my seller status here after I realized that googling my name returns the mql5 profile with high score.
That's exactly my point. It's happened to me too.

z3d:
That's exactly my point. It's happened to me too.
As I said earlier, if this is important to you, please write a suggestion to the Service Desk. It's great to see everyone's opinion here and I strongly encourage you to keep this discussion going on the forums. But the only way it will change is if you also let them know your thoughts through the official channel. 

Cheers
Filter

MAD:

Hello Guys

Thanks 

I fully agree! Have you maybe in the meantime wrote to the Service Desk? if yes, which response did they give?

Privacy is waved everywhere with big emphasis, so I'm very surprised nobody is talking about it on this forum (if I'm mistaken, please point me to the relevant discussions...).

I really cannot understand why no possibility is given to the user to keep private his identity, when the administration has already all the relevant information, which could eventually be disclosed to the authorities in case of serious issues...

Reason: