Please help me to normalize this indicator

Hi dear coders,

I would like to normalize the indicator Chaikin-Volatility.mq4.  For this reason, I downloaded the Normalizer.mq4 indicator

from this site and I made all the required replacements (I believe) but there is no drawing.  Could you tell me if there is a mistake done by me or the Normilizer indicator 

needs any modifications to be according to the latest version of Metatrader?  If yes, could you do it please?

Thanks in advance,

George

Normalizer.mq4 needs "r-volatility-i.ex4" for display the chart. If you don't have it in your MT4, find it and try again.

Naguisa Unada:

Normalizer.mq4 needs "r-volatility-i.ex4" for display the chart. If you don't have it in your MT4, find it and try again.

Naguisa thanks for your answer. I have the "r-volatility-i.ex4" but  again the Normalizer does not work even with this.   Nowhere within the code it is mentioned the r-volatility-i.ex4.

Somewhere else is the problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

binosp2:

Naguisa thanks for your answer. I have the "r-volatility-i.ex4" but  again the Normalizer does not work even with this.   Nowhere within the code it is mentioned the r-volatility-i.ex4.

Somewhere else is the problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Line 38 :

return (iCustom(NULL,0,Indicator,RVIPeriod,param2,mode,i));
And the "Indicator" parameter is set to :
extern string  Indicator="r-volatility-i" ;

at line 23. So, yes, that indicator is "mentioned"

As Mr. Mladen says, it should work without modify anything.

If it do not work, please send me r-volatility-i.ex4 (and also mq4 file, if you have). I will check the operation with my MT4.

Naguisa Unada:

As Mr. Mladen says, it should work without modify anything.

If it do not work, please send me r-volatility-i.ex4 (and also mq4 file, if you have). I will check the operation with my MT4.

Dear Naguisa,

Thanks again for your valuable help. I apologize for my mistake but  I am a newbie and within the code of Normalizer (which I downloaded recently) or in the comments,  the author doesn't mention that one should use r-volatility-i.ex4. What I have done is the code below but sometimes there are some differences from the original curve of Chaikin-Volatility  Is it acceptable? Please have a look at my new code and the screenshot, if it is o.k.

Best regards

binosp2

Mladen Rakic:

Line 38 :

And the "Indicator" parameter is set to :

at line 23. So, yes, that indicator is "mentioned"

Dear Young Rekic,

Thank you very much for your interest and very valuable help. 

I really admire you and fell very obliged like the thousands of traders who have been helped by you.

God bless you!!!

Your neighbor from Athens, Greece

George

binosp2 :

Dear Naguisa,

Thanks again for your valuable help. I apologize for my mistake but  I am a newbie and within the code of Normalizer (which I downloaded recently) or in the comments,  the author doesn't mention that one should use r-volatility-i.ex4. What I have done is the code below but sometimes there are some differences from the original curve of  Chaikin-Volatility   Is it acceptable? Please have a look at my new code and the screenshot, if it is o.k.

Best regards

binosp2

I understood by looking at the original Normalizer.mq4.

Since line 38 returns values ​​in the range from plus to minus, you need to deduct 50 if you use r-volatility-i.

return ( 50 - iCustom ( NULL , 0 ,Indicator, 0 ,i)); //return (iCustom(NULL,0,"Chaikin-Volatility",mode,i)); 

When using Chaikin - Volatility you can use it as follows.

return ( iCustom ( NULL , 0 ,Indicator, iPeriod, maPeriod, 0 ,i)); //return (iCustom(NULL,0,Indicator,RVIPeriod,mode,i)); 
Both are not the same, because the values ​​of r-volatility-i and Chaikin - Volatility are different.

Naguisa Unada:

I understood by looking at the original Normalizer.mq4.

Since line 38 returns values in the range from plus to minus, you need to deduct 50 if you use r-valatility-i.

When using Chaikin - Valatility you can use it as follows.

Both are not the same, because the values of r-valatility-i and Chaikin - Valatility are different.

Naguisa,

Once again, thank you very much I understood and everything is ok now!!!   

Reason: