New EA to test!

I am no programmer by any means but I have completed my first EA using the Expert Builder and I would like some to backtest and forward test. All comments are welcome to try to improve this EA. If any programmers are out there who would like to enchance this EA with a money management system etc. please do. Using one standard lot on a $10,000 demo account it produced $40,000 in profit from Jan 1/2006 until now. But I don't know if I can trust the backtest as I can only manage a 73% modelling quality.

The system basically buys when the 5 smoothed MA close crosses up over the 11 smoothed MA Low and sells when 5 smoothed MA close crosses down over the 11 smoothed MA High. I have put in a couple conditions to make sure trade is not closed too early by using the slope of the 11 smoothed MA.

Use this EA on GBP 1 Hour Chart

Settings are:

Each tick mode: False

Stoplossmode: True - set to 60

TakeProfitmode: False

TrailingStopmode: False

Let's see if we can make this a truly great EA.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Files:
pipblaster.mq4  11 kb

Find attached results of back test.

Kevin

Files:

Here is the full report.

Files:
pipblaster.htm  72 kb

Modelling quality for this EA does not matter.

For 2006 he shows really good result

but for 2004-2005 results bad.

Regards.

Good job

Good starting! Great work for a junior programmer. The result is not too fascinating, but at least it work. Congrates to TSD, another programmer born.hohoho...:D

Very interesting system.

Here's my backtest on 2005 and 2006 with others parameters.

Timeframe : D1

Good job.

Money Management added

Money management added, plus help it to be able to co-exist better with other EAs.

Files:

Thanks Tururo. This is the type of thing I was looking for when I posted this EA. I think it may have potential but it needs some improvements.

Kevin

What currencies and TF is it designed for?

Thanks

I found it worked the best on GBP 1 hour.

Kaper,

Could you please post the actual logic behind this EA. I think thats important to know. In using an EA one thing comes to eerybody's mind that in changed market scenario will this method work or not. If the testers and users have the proper knowledge behind the EA then its easy for them to develop and fine tune.

Thanks.

Reason: