Major Issue WIN 10 with MT4 resource files. Cannot Load Resource

Basically the error is like this and it spreads across many, many clients after recent update of Win 10. I am not yet sure which one, since on some clients with Win 10 it works , on others not. A client has an .ex4 file with resources inside. Suddenly it stops displaying any images or working at all with multiple errors

ERROR: Cannot Load resource <link to resource>.ex4 (attached also an image)

It does not matter what you have for resource - indicator/image - it does not work at all. Errors are printed only for indicators missing, but the images just don't load and that's it, No errors nothing.

It is not a issue of having other resource files inside those error resources, it is a issue about MT4 compatibility with Win 10.

This was confirmed by at least 50 clients using MT4 and 3rd party tools.

The ONLY SOLUTION for NOW: Create new .ex4 files without resource files (indicators/images) and send them to clients, which makes a pain if your have a lot of files coded.

Anyone else have this issue and any other solution?

ERROR Cannot Load resource

I do not. I have been using resources for pictures and sounds (though not for indicators), working with W10 and compilations for 950 and 1010 do not cause any issue. Could you try to move the resources to other folder?

It is not about the resources in some folder. It is about when you compile and it works fine on my side, then you send client the .ex4 only and the client tries to use it on his PC with Win 10 , ex. Operating system win10 version 1607 (update 28 Sep 2016) and it gives errors. If I send .ex4 files with separate indicators/images not like resource it works

I've used resources as well for a long time, but this is first time when a lot of clients started to have same issue in the same time. So it is definitely something with Windows - maybe some rights are not set properly?

ok guys - just an update - the fix for this was updating to the latest build which is 1012 via MetaQuotes-Demo sever.

I am facing this in MT4 build 1380 and on my own terminal where I have the indicator files present in the folders too. Pops up every once in a while in the expert journal but not always.

H,

The task I have is to embed my own written indicator into the *.ex4 file so that it can be shipped as a bundle on mql5 market platform.  I am using latest builds of Meta Trader 4 from 2023 on windows 11.

I am facing this same issue reported in this thread. I am able to compile the ex4 EA with my custom indicator added as a resource and works fine. However the MT4 tester still searches for the indicator in the indicators directory and the indicator has to exist.

So in a nutshell "I am not able to bundle my own custom indicator and my own ea into one *.ex4 file " the tester and the MT4 platform both still search for the custom indicator to exist somewhere on the platform which defeats the purpose of adding the indicator as a #resource.

Here snippets of my code:

#resource "\\indicators\\MyIndicator.ex4"
void OnTick()
  {
//
      double MA = iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_H4," MyIndicator ",6,0,9,0,1,  0);
//

Improperly formatted code edited by moderator.

Regards
Moran

@Nehro Miran #: The task I have is to embed my own written indicator into the *.ex4 file so that it can be shipped as a bundle on mql5 market platform.  I am using latest builds of Meta Trader 4 from 2023 on windows 11. I am facing this same issue reported in this thread. I am able to compile the ex4 EA with my custom indicator added as a resource and works fine. However the MT4 tester still searches for the indicator in the indicators directory and the indicator has to exist. So in a nutshell "I am not able to bundle my own custom indicator and my own ea into one *.ex4 file " the tester and the MT4 platform both still search for the custom indicator to exist somewhere on the platform which defeats the purpose of adding the indicator as a #resource. Here snippets of my code:

1. Please always use the use the CODE button (Alt-S) when inserting code.

Code button in editor

2. Please don't write in ALLCAPS as that is considered "shouting" and rude.
  3. Please read the documentation on how to properly reference an Indicator as a resource — Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Resources
#resource "\\Indicators\\MyIndicator.ex4"
void OnTick()
  {
//
      double MA = iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_H4,"::Indicators\\MyIndicator.ex4",6,0,9,0,1,  0);
//
Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Resources
Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Resources
  • www.mql5.com
Resources - MQL5 programs - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Nehro Miran #:

H,

The task I have is to embed my own written indicator into the *.ex4 file so that it can be shipped as a bundle on mql5 market platform.  I am using latest builds of Meta Trader 4 from 2023 on windows 11.

I am facing this same issue reported in this thread. I am able to compile the ex4 EA with my custom indicator added as a resource and works fine. However the MT4 tester still searches for the indicator in the indicators directory and the indicator has to exist.

So in a nutshell "I am not able to bundle my own custom indicator and my own ea into one *.ex4 file " the tester and the MT4 platform both still search for the custom indicator to exist somewhere on the platform which defeats the purpose of adding the indicator as a #resource.

Here snippets of my code:

Regards
Moran

You need to reference the resource correctly when you use it.
Plus you have spaced in the quotes in custom call

Hi Fernando/Paul,

Thank you for your help. Followed your notes and managed to embed my Indicator and compile the *.ex4 in one bundle and it works.

Also Fernando, take your comment positively  regarding the Upper case and must say that I just wanted it highlighted and not shouted.

Kind regards to both

Nehro

Reason: